• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN147: The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the casting list truly confirms that team rocket will play some sort of role in this episode. I don’t think they’d list them if they weren’t important.
The cast list has been the same for every episode of MPM, it does in no way reflect who will appear in any given episode.

This is just going to be me throughout the entire episode:

jake.jpg

lol @ people thinking the Pokemon that Yuyama was talking about was Gekkouga instead of Houou
I'm thinking he also wasn't talking about Ho-oh either. Maybe another pokémon people wanted to see again for a long time. A pokémon we haven't seen again this century. Like Pidgeot. Since it was left pretty close to Pallet Town.

If correct, I think this would leave Primeape as the only Pokémon Ash owned for longer than a single episode to not appear in person in this century. :eek:

(I know chances are slim, but please let there be at least a physical cameo of Pidgeot and Primeape, although I'm afraid we'll not see Primeape again in person. Maybe a fantasy or flashback cameo.)

I'm really disappointed they didn't have him catch Latias or Latios, not gonna lie. If Goh and Gary can have (non-Mythical) Legendary Pokemon, why can't Ash?

If Ho-Oh is in this episode, I hope the series ends with Ash catching it, otherwise it'll be incredibly anticlimactic. Misty's Clauncher as the last Pokemon caught by a main character? Really?

I find it strange that th Team Rocket VAs haven´t said anything. No interview, nothing. Usually, when long term major characters are about to leave an anime series, the VAs usually give an interview were they thank everyone for their support and things like that. I´m really curious if they aren´t on good terms with the producers/writers/whoever.

The TR VAs were never afraid to be vocal about their criticism towards the series, especially Megumi and I always admired her for that. She´s an acomplished VA and being in Pokemon or not won´t affect her professional life, but you could see how her and the other two VAs genuilly loved TR. The best example was during BW, but even at the start of Journeys and in that book/interview by Megumi to commemorate her career. Now that Yuyama´s interview all but confirmed that Ash leaving the series wasn´t planned from the start of Journeys like some people liked to pretend, I wonder if the VAs weren´t happy. Add to this the fact that MPM was garbage for TR (suposedly it would be 11 OS style episodes, but than TR missed 3 episodes, which would be unthinkable during OS) and I would be very upset with the production, especially if I had such a connection a character I played during 26 years.

Let´´s see next friday.

I find it strange that th Team Rocket VAs haven´t said anything. No interview, nothing. Usually, when long term major characters are about to leave an anime series, the VAs usually give an interview were they thank everyone for their support and things like that. I´m really curious if they aren´t on good terms with the producers/writers/whoever.
If I'm not mistaken, there is still no official recognition that they're leaving the show.

If I'm not mistaken, there is still no official recognition that they're leaving the show.
Please don´t give me hope!

I am completely sure they will leave, but a part of me, the emotional part deep inside my subcouncious is hoping that they will continue in the next series. However, the announcement of today´s Explorers makes it very difficult to come true.

As expected, I'm feeling teary already... :c

They seem to be leaning into the bittersweetness of this finale and I do really appreciate that. Somehow it wouldn't feel right if this episode's atmosphere was all sunshine and rainbows (literally).

Still... this has been the only thing on my mind for months now. There's no two ways about it, when the time comes I'm just going to fall apart hahah.

Whatever happens, my only wish is that it will be a truly fitting ending for everybody — both for the characters and for us as their fans. It's sad that it's over, but I hope we'll all be able to come away from this feeling glad that it happened.

I'm really disappointed they didn't have him catch Latias or Latios, not gonna lie. If Goh and Gary can have (non-Mythical) Legendary Pokemon, why can't Ash?

If Ho-Oh is in this episode, I hope the series ends with Ash catching it, otherwise it'll be incredibly anticlimactic. Misty's Clauncher as the last Pokemon caught by a main character? Really?
What would be the point of Ash getting a Legendary Pokemon at this point though? We wouldn't get to see him using it for who knows how long and it seems like people wanted him to get a non Mythical Legendary just for the shake of having it. Getting Ho Oh would at least kind of make his journey come full circle, but even then I'm not sure if they'll do that.

While that is true, it seems pretty likely that they'll leave given that their main motivation has always been to get Ash's Pikachu. It's possible that they don't want to reveal them sticking around until after the mini-series wraps up, but I don't know how likely that is. I'd also have kind of mixed feelings about it. Keeping Team Rocket after replacing Ash would kind of make me think that they could have still found a way to justify keeping Ash as the main lead, or at least somewhere in the cast, but it would potentially give Team Rocket a better series to go out on too. As much as I don't think Journeys works as a sendoff series for Ash, he at least had a storyline and became a World Champion. Team Rocket basically had nothing to really do for Journeys.

While that is true, it seems pretty likely that they'll leave given that their main motivation has always been to get Ash's Pikachu.
To be fair, it's a total councidence that they followed him into Unova and Alola, and they weren't actively following him in JN either until he became the world champion. It won't be unusual if they're sent to Paldea for a mission.

Please don´t give me hope!

I am completely sure they will leave, but a part of me, the emotional part deep inside my subcouncious is hoping that they will continue in the next series. However, the announcement of today´s Explorers makes it very difficult to come true.
As antagonists? I doubt it. However, it’d be neat if they ended up as part of Friede’s crew somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom