• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN147: The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice a lot of people (including myself, earlier) are assuming Ho-Oh will be in this episode. But I don't see it listed as one of the appearing Pokemon in the wiki article.

I notice a lot of people (including myself, earlier) are assuming Ho-Oh will be in this episode. But I don't see it listed as one of the appearing Pokemon in the wiki article.
Probably because the episode hasn't aired yet and people are assuming because that's how Ash's journey started, so makes sense to end it the same way

To be fair, it's a total councidence that they followed him into Unova and Alola, and they weren't actively following him in JN either until he became the world champion. It won't be unusual if they're sent to Paldea for a mission.
That's true. It would be just kind of weird to keep Team Rocket around and not Ash when they're still largely associated with chasing after his Pikachu. It would be at least a good way to confirm that the new series is set in the same continuity even different leads. There's no signs of it being set in a different continuity and I don't think that they'd have to go that far anyway, but I've seen people being worried about that possibility, so keeping Team Rocket around would at least cease those concerns.

Rainbows are always linked to Ho-Oh, and it appeared in the last OS episode.

If Team Rocket were to appear in the new series, I wouldn't want them as antagonists or even as a subplot. I'd rather have them be "protagonists" or rather foils with the main story. Though, if they don't appear in the new anime, I'd just be thinking of the lost chances that aren't really a big deal. (Like if there was a scene where you would say, "This scene would be fun if the trio was in it")

Still can’t get over how this special set out to give each pokemon some individual time in the spotlight one last time and just… had several episodes not showing anyone and now there’s over 20 reserves queued up that won’t get it.
No joke. I guess the writers just didn't care.

To be fair, they only had eleven episodes to work with and Ash has a lot of Pokemon. I don't think it's fair to say that the writers didn't care, or at least I think that's a bit too harsh. I'm not saying that they couldn't have done a better job with showcasing Ash's reserves. I am saying that given the length of this mini series and the amount of Pokemon Ash has, I think that expecting them to showcase all of his older Pokemon one more time might have been a case of having too high expectations, especially when I don't think that they were too interested in some of his less popular Pokemon too.

Still can’t get over how this special set out to give each pokemon some individual time in the spotlight one last time and just… had several episodes not showing anyone and now there’s over 20 reserves queued up that won’t get it.
Even stranger is how they basically described it as Ash meeting the Pokémon from across his journey only to only ever come across Squirtle and Lapras. Honestly, this epilogue is what Journeys should have been since it brought back the adventure feel but beyond them acknowledging Ash’s win, it doesn’t particularly feel like an epilogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom