• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN147: The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, they only had eleven episodes to work with and Ash has a lot of Pokemon. I don't think it's fair to say that the writers didn't care, or at least I think that's a bit too harsh. I'm not saying that they couldn't have done a better job with showcasing Ash's reserves. I am saying that given the length of this mini series and the amount of Pokemon Ash has, I think that expecting them to showcase all of his older Pokemon one more time might have been a case of having too high expectations, especially when I don't think that they were too interested in some of his less popular Pokemon too.
I mean, I wouldn’t say Corphish is a particularly popular pokemon, but he was the star of a whole episode.

My point is, there were several episodes where Ash didn’t use any pokemon, or only one or two. They could have squeezed a few more in there and still mostly fill the quota, as some of the reserves have an excuse to not be featured (Greninja and Infernape had starring roles in JN, Muk and Tauros were portrayed in every series for their gags, Naganadel is in another dimension and isn’t plausible to return, etc)

You know, a thought that just occurred to me but with this being Ash’s departure we’re never gonna learn about the adventure that he had with Nebby offscreen in the last episode of SM. It was just brought up and never mentioned again and now it never will be.

That would make a great call back

YAAAAYYYYY FINALLY GLALIE HAS ARRIVED.

Fun fact.... with Kingler, Bayleef and Totodile appearing on a team alongside Ash in the special episodes... Muk is the longest serving Pokemon not to appear on any team, his last team appearance (So alongside Ash with five others), has been at the Johto league. Glalie is second, due to Torkoal participating in the Sinnoh league and Tauros is third... due to appearing last in the Battle Frontier.

Last edited:
YAAAAYYYYY FINALLY GLALIE HAS ARRIVED.

Fun fact.... with Kingler, Bayleef and Totodile appearing on a team alongside Ash in the special episodes... Muk is the longest serving Pokemon not to appear on any team, his last team appearance (So alongside Ash with five others), has been at the Johto league. Glalie is second, due to Torkoal participating in the Sinnoh league and Tauros is third... due to appearing last in the Battle Frontier.

Glalie was on a team with Ash briefly in the Sinnoh League. Conway episode

That wasn't a team though, since only it and Infernape were there. I don't consider it a team until at least 4 Pokemon are in it.

And even then... its Muk, Tauros and Glalie in that order.
How is 3 not a team? In my opinion, a team is a team as long as it as at least 2 Pokemon.

How is 3 not a team? In my opinion, a team is a team as long as it as at least 2 Pokemon.

tbh... imo i should have worded it better.

I don't consider it a team if it isn't actively involved into the episode.

Considering it was just training, i cannot see it as a team, else you can make the argument all of Ash's Pokemon at Oaks are in the same team despite not being with Ash.

I don't know if I'm allowed to put the link here or not, but someone on Twitter seems to have leaked the plot of the episode.

I don't know if I'm allowed to put the link here or not, but someone on Twitter seems to have leaked the plot of the episode.
I'd advise to not post the link or at least keep any leaks in spoiler tags. While people here want to speculate on the episode, plenty of people are also trying to avoid leaks or spoilers prior to the episode' release, especially when plenty of people wouldn't want to get spoiled on what the episode's plot will be either.

I'll make a spoiler, then. Open at your own risk.
Ash, Misty and Brock part ways.
Ash helps Gary and Tracey find a missing Charmander
Team Rocket returns, but Pidgeot arrives and blasts them off
Ash receives new clothes and sets off again
There's no mention of Ho-Oh at all, which I find strange for an episode with "rainbow" in its title.

Last edited:
There's no mention of Ho-Oh at all, which I find strange for an episode with "rainbow" in its title.
If this does turn out to be true, then at least one of my wishes will have come true in the end. :)

I don't know how trustworthy this guy is. He goes by GryphonCool on Twitter. But I will say that if he is right, and
there's no grand sendoff with Ho-Oh
this is going to be more disappointing than the Game of Thrones finale.

Gryphon is very reliable, he leaked basically every episode of the Masters 8, but he hasn't mentioned anything about Pidgeot from what I've seen..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom