• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN147: The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master!

Status
Not open for further replies.
XY's near absolute lack of continuity on the protagonist's side is still confusing (Rockets were more indirect references but still more), but I'm certain it wasn't them just forgetting about it. That inference always felt off to me.

Last edited:
I have been racking my brain night and day since Friday's episode... I suppose Jessie, James, and Meowth will meet up in MPM 11... I imagine that along the way, following their separate paths, they will look up at the sky, then they will see the rainbow, follow it, and end up to be together again ...It's impossible for me to think of any other possible reunion scenario in the context of their finale in MPM 9 and the context of MPM 11… I am thinking about it in every possible way…

But in the worst-case scenario, if the Team Rocket is separated for good, in what situation do you imagine we would see them in this episode?

Pokemon anime fans, please tell me your ideas about the ultimate appearance of the Team Rocket.

(EDIT): continuing to rack my brains I imagined this headcanon for Jessie, James, and Meowth's future if, in the worst case scenario, their separation is permanent:

• Jessie will become a fashion and movie star, and Wobbuffet return by her side.
  • Meowth becomes the new leader of Meowth gang of Hollywood , Meowzie falls in love with him and they will form a couple together.
  • James returns to the castle where Chimeco is raised by Nanny and Pop Pop and he will open a Pokemon Daycare (Mime Jr may also join later). He will also be Jessie's biggest fan, cheering her with all his heart on every time she appears on TV.

Last edited:
[MÉDIA=twitter]1635500492620181504[/MÉDIA]

[MÉDIA=twitter]1635506782759170048[/MÉDIA]

is this the preview for MPM episode 11? Where is the Team Rocket appearance announced by the leakers in this preview???

Wait a second-- is that Latios in one of the previews for MPM11? Does this mean Ash caught Latios?

Oh sweet. I had a feeling we were probably going to get one more visit to Oak's Lab...

and now all it's done is made me feel even more sadder since this is certainly going to be the last time we'll see most of Ash's other mons.

:wynaut:
So is it even possible Ash will catch both Latias and Latios? Not safe to say, but it feels too much. More likely they will stay by his side in his future journey, without being captured. Isn't it? Soon enough we'll know.

*Catching both would top expectations

Honestly, I couldn’t see the duo of Latias and Latios not together.

I also wonder what the encounter with Ho-Oh will be like. It feels kind of weird to have Ho-Oh now as it didn’t really seem to be of any significance in the past few episodes. I hope that it’s something that last more than a couple of seconds or if it does it’s near the literal end.

Will a new "ho oh" debut in the new anime coming up?

Come to think of it, I’m surprised no Episode was revealed to be just a dream.

Summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

When Satoshi and Pikachu return to Masara Town and reunite with Shigeru, he asks Satoshi the following question: "How close to becoming a Pokémon Master are you, now that you've become a Champion?" Becoming a Pokémon Master has been the dream Satoshi has been gunning for ever since he first set off on his journey with Pikachu. Will he be able to find the answer to this question?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Mayumi Iizuka: Kasumi
Yuji Ueda: Takeshi
Kenyu Horiuchi: Professor Okido
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth

I wonder if Shigeru acknowledge that he also wanted to be a pokémon master back then, or if it's treated as something personal to Satoshi that he made up.

Has anyone past the original series stated they wanted to be a Pokemon Master? Besides stuff like Dragon Master. Curious if the concept got dropped for Satoshi only.

I won't count Malice in Wonderland in that the viewers know before the characters that they're in a dream. I'm thinking of episodes where the "whole story was just a dream" is a plot twist.

I wonder if Shigeru acknowledge that he also wanted to be a pokémon master back then, or if it's treated as something personal to Satoshi that he made up.
If they do, then it’s probably just an Indigo League slogan that the two Pallet Town boys took seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom