• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JNS04: Miraculous Radiance! The Legend of Sinnoh!

VA list courtesy of Adamant

Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Aceburn
Etsuko Kozakura: Pochama
Kenta Miyake: Heatran
Katsuyuki Konishi: Gureggru
Shogo Sakata: Inteleon
Kei Shindo: Agnome
Sayaka Senbongi: Yuxie
Yuji Ueda: Takeshi
Megumi Toyoguchi: Hikari
Tomo Sakurai: Shirona
Akemi Okamura: Saturn
Rie Tanaka: Mars
Chinami Nishimura: Jupiter
Risa Shimizu: Junsa
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

These special eps as a whole were great. If this is Dawn's final appearance this series at least she got a good send-off. Brock and Cynthia were handled really well too and the animation was great. Loved seeing Mamoswine, Cynthia's Roserade and Brock's Steelix/Croagunk/Blissey in action. Also great continuity with the main anime with Go remembering Arceus and tying into the Galactic arc.

For anyone wondering, Dawn's Quilava didn't appear at all so naturally no evolution. I wonder if the Hisui pokemon will ever be featured since it seems they really are extinct.

Greatest comeback ever.
Screenshot_20220127-223542_VLC.jpg

Personally I don't like Saturn's involvement in these episodes, as in the games (including BDSP, I must add!) he is the one who seems to learn a lesson and begins steering the remains of Team Galactic away from extremism following the Spear Pillar events. In Platinum canon he even doesn't lend any help to Charon's own Heatran-related misadventures. I wish they'd kept the villainy with Mars and Jupiter instead of committing blatant character derailment just for the Croagunk/Toxicroak animosity.

On the plus side, it's not as bad as what they did to Colress.

As I thought, Croagunk jabbed Brock! :LOL:

Also, I'm surprised to see Rei (the name of the male player character from Pokémon Legends: Arceus) appearing and being accompanied by Rowlet, Cyndaquil, and Oshawott in his journey.

I haven't seen the episode, but I guess he will be Lucas with the "Hisui" suit.

After all, Lucas has had cameos in the past.

Personally I don't like Saturn's involvement in these episodes, as in the games (including BDSP, I must add!) he is the one who seems to learn a lesson and begins steering the remains of Team Galactic away from extremism following the Spear Pillar events. In Platinum canon he even doesn't lend any help to Charon's own Heatran-related misadventures. I wish they'd kept the villainy with Mars and Jupiter instead of committing blatant character derailment just for the Croagunk/Toxicroak animosity.

On the plus side, it's not as bad as what they did to Colress.

I think it's a rare case where the Pokemon Adventures (Pokespe) manga writing creeps into the anime. However, they wanted to shoehorn both the recent BDSP release as well as the upcoming Arceus (which launched today) release, so... shrugs

Honestly, I would've rather followed up and explained a bit more why they're doing such extreme measures on a personal level, given Mars damn near had her entire mind collapse unto itself when Cyrus abandoned them than just "Eh, we want him back so we can continue his plans, so don't ask questions". Cyrus abandoning Team Galactic seemed based on the concept that, to him, there was nothing he could further accomplish; it all ended in failure, so he embraced oblivion, but that either hasn't gotten home or likely will never get home to them, so they presumably want answers. Sociologically, these three don't really have much in common (and Mars and Jupiter flat out hate each other), meaning Cyrus was and still is the only thing bonding them together. It's rather fragile living, co-dependency, but based on the crumbs we do get about them, it sounds like they didn't have anything before him and clearly nothing without him. Prison is just an empty container until the next time they can leave and try again just to figure out why he abandoned them so.

But... we don't try to sentimentalize baddies or play Sigmund Freud, lol. Gotta emphasize fanservice and promote stuff.

The only thing missing from these eps was Buneary appearing and crushing on Pikachu, otherwise they ticked all the boxes of DP nostalgia and handled everything really well. While I still like Dawn's bond with Koharu she didn't need to be in these eps.

Judging from various summaries the finale of the arc must have been pretty epic.
Of course, I would have loved if Cynthia had handled everything in a the-end-of-the world-showdown on her own, but I also understand this was mainly about Ash, Dawn and Brock, so I'm really glad Cynthia got the chance to help out in several important scenes where the situation got too hot. Considering she's got more appearances in big "showdown" episodes (= important episodes with legendaries where there is much at stake) than any other champion plus her additional appearances, it's safe to assume the writers secretly consider Cynthia the one and only, the true Champion :notworthy: :love:
Also, I'm absolutely happy Cynthia finally got to meet Arceus, her goal she's been dreaming of since her very first appearance in DP.

I
The only thing missing from these eps was Buneary appearing and crushing on Pikachu, otherwise they ticked all the boxes of DP nostalgia and handled everything really well. While I still like Dawn's bond with Koharu she didn't need to be in these eps.
In reality i want to see chloe. I missed seeing here in these episodes

Who are the real villains? The people who want to bring back their boss from possible torture or the people trying to stop them? Cryus should have come back because it means we STILL have that loose plot thread from DP anime.

Who are the real villains? The people who want to bring back their boss from possible torture or the people trying to stop them? Cryus should have come back because it means we STILL have that loose plot thread from DP anime.
I don't think so. This is what Cyrus wanted. He entered the portal of his own will.

Whay i really want to know is that did team glactic never really learn there lesson?

Arceus ignoring Galactic was hilarious, and it creating an ocean and breaking the laws of physics were great

Snipe Shot also continues to be one of the most terrifying moves in the anime

"Oh, you're wearing armor literally forged by the power of a god? Lemme just punch a hole through a hundred feet of it large enough to drive a train through."

The space within the lava golem went full Giygas and I loved it

Honestly, between these specials and Pokemon Masters, I now feel REALLY bad for the Team Galactic Commanders. They care so much about Cyrus, but since he literally doesn't believe in emotions, he doesn't give a crap about them. I wish they'd just move on from him, at least in the anime. I know they're villains, but they deserve so much better.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom