• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JNS05: The Distant Blue Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Set to air on December 23.
Dephender said:
Satoshi and Pikachu continue their journey to become Pokémon Master. Satoshi has promised to meet his mother Hanako in Tonari Town, but Pikachu gets abducted by the Rocket Gang on the way, and as Satoshi seraches for it, he runs into a mysterious boy named Haruto. This is the story of one of Satoshi and Pikachu's encounters on their adventure.

So this episode airs on Jan13 and is the 1st of 11 episodes, right?

Edit preview says next week

I don't know if I would count it as the part of the Journeys - it features AU Ash after all.

It airs next week.

Anyone heard the Laverre City theme in the background?

Also would this actually be Journeys? The Ash doesn't look like Ash from Journeys, in fact it actually looks more like the AU Ash from the movies.

Is this this last of the episodes listed to our knowledge for now?

It's a direct continuation of Journeys, not AU. A special episode, perhaps. Still waiting on a verification on that.
Why would they use AU Ash cap for this episode only, and keep the Wolrd Cap for the "Mezase Pokemon Master" (sub)series?

Shouldn't we list this as something separate? JN136 is the end of Journeys, but this is its own special set of episodes as far as we know.
Eh, even if we count this episode as the part of the main anime series, it's a tricky one, because it seems that the final Ash series will be included in "Ultimate Journeys" in the dub.
(I guess it explains why the season was called "Ultimate".)

Eh, even if we count this episode as the part of the main anime series, it's a tricky one, because it seems that the final Ash series will be included in "Ultimate Journeys" in the dub.
Either way, I'm seeing other sources like Serebii say this is a special 11 episode series called Aim To Be A Pokemon Master rather than the last 11 episodes of Journeys.

Shouldn't we list this as something separate? JN136 is the end of Journeys, but this is its own special set of episodes as far as we know.
I agree. This doesn't look to be part of the Journeys series or the Aim to be a Pokémon Master finale (which has Ash keep his Journeys outfit). Most likely a one-off non-canonical special to mark something in the same vein as the Ripple in Time short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom