• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JNS05: The Distant Blue Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
This episode's existence is very confusing to me. We're getting a whole epilogue min-series for real Satoshi, why do we need a random special for fake-Satoshi? It's not like this universe had a compelling story that needs wrapping up, and any closure Satoshi gets here is void since it's not the real version. What can they accomplish here that they couldn't by adding a twelfth episode to the upcoming Aim to be a Pokemon Master series? Though I suppose this could be the last time we hear a lot of these Miyazaki music pieces so I guess that's something.

My feelings on the art style here are the same as the ones I had with M20- overall looking nice but I wish they had more-fully embraced the original 90s art style instead of just reusing the XY art style. Like emulating the cel colors, using the OS style of eyes and hair shading/highlights, etc. The Rocket trio especially look ripped straight from XY which is pretty disappointing. Though the backgrounds look very nice- they remind me of that animated segment made for that art gallery last year that emulated the look of the Johto league.

Even if the movies didn't have real continuity or an overarching plot to wrap up, I'm okay with them making an AU special that's actually conceived as a "closure" of sorts instead of having it end with Koko.

The backgrounds are definetly the original series artstyle, I love it but I sorta wish they would've fully commited to that for the characters too. I guess they didn't want to distance it too much from the other AU material (Ash's brown eyes and whatnot), nor make it look like exactly the same as the Ripple in Time promo.

A bit off-topic, but speaking of closure, I'm a bit bummed we never got a true final, "regular" movie for the anime. Crazy to think Volcanion is going to go down as the last one.

This episode's existence is very confusing to me. We're getting a whole epilogue min-series for real Satoshi, why do we need a random special for fake-Satoshi? It's not like this universe had a compelling story that needs wrapping up, and any closure Satoshi gets here is void since it's not the real version. What can they accomplish here that they couldn't by adding a twelfth episode to the upcoming Aim to be a Pokemon Master series? Though I suppose this could be the last time we hear a lot of these Miyazaki music pieces so I guess that's something.

I should memtion the Satoshi in this story isn't AU movie Satoshi. This episode is just described as a particular adventure of Satoshi.

Satoshi is just using his OS suit. And the design is due to the artist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom