• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN140: Tunbear's Sigh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what to think about the title... it throws me to Unova / Iris / Project Mew... donno..

I'm feeling this might be the episode where Iris shows up. Given her distain for ice types, with Beartic being a Unovan one at that. No clue what the plot'll be. Although it may seem like filler at first glance, it’s being written by Tomioka and storyboarded by Noriaki Sato. Very likely a noteworthy episode, someone is 90% likely showing up here.

I'm feeling this might be the episode where Iris shows up. Given her distain for ice types, with Beartic being a Unovan one at that. No clue what the plot'll be. Although it may seem like filler at first glance, it’s being written by Tomioka and storyboarded by Noriaki Sato. Very likely a noteworthy episode, someone is 90% likely showing up here.
Maybe it's Georgia's Beartic?

We know what to expect out of the episode after, but here I have no idea. Georgia and Brycen are two of the only major characters to use Beartic, but since Ash doesn't have a major connection to Brycen, part of me can see Georgia appearing, though only if Iris is involved in this episode. Its possible we'll see Iris at some point in these final few episodes of Ash's journey.

Staff list courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard 齋藤徳明 (Noriaki Saito)
Episode Director 興満録助 (Rokusuke Okimitsu)
Animation Director 柳原好貴 (Koki Yanagihara)
Animation Director 倉員千晶 (Chiaki Kurakazu)

Sounds like this might be something Unova related. Fingers crossed we get some more returning goodness here.

Staff list courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard 齋藤徳明 (Noriaki Saito)
Episode Director 興満録助 (Rokusuke Okimitsu)
Animation Director 柳原好貴 (Koki Yanagihara)
Animation Director 倉員千晶 (Chiaki Kurakazu)

I don't think there's a staff listing and summary yet, but my prediction is its gonna involve Iris and Georgia. Its likely we'll get episodes dedicated to past companions and old Pokemon, but who knows.

This isn't going to be a filler (though the title definitely sounds like a mid-Unova-style filler). There is no room for fillers in an 11-episode series. This likely has to do with Iris and her fear of ice types.

Why do people hate fillers anyway? Some of the greatest Pokemon episodes ever were fillers. Just look at my profile picture for example.

Last edited:
Why do people hate fillers? Some of the greatest Pokemon episodes ever were fillers. Just look at my profile picture for example.
I'm guessing some people here are permanently traumatized by Journeys' fillers. Over the course of JNS07 and JNS08, we'll be seeing the return of several characters who were largely absent from Journeys. And yet there's people who seem to be concerned that these episodes will be "fillers" (god if I know what that word even means in the context of this mini-series) despite JNS07 being a direct callback to an episode that happened ages ago, and JNS08 featuring interactions between Ash's friends that have either never or rarely met each other before. All this, just because the episode synopsis kinda sounds like a filler plot.

I understand how frustrated people were with some of Journeys' fillers, but the knee-jerk reactions here just seem kinda sad. There's probably plenty of high expectations for this mini-series, but I'm just personally glad to see Ash hanging out with his friends one last time.

Yeah it might be the clip shows of Jns, or just the fear of saying goodbye after 11 short and not sutisfin episodes.

I'm guessing some people here are permanently traumatized by Journeys' fillers.
That seems unfair. Pokemon has fillers since OS.

In fact, filler episodes that do not advance the plot seems to be the basis of the Pokemon anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom