• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Johto....Again???

Netto Azure

«The Ashen Knight»
Reaction score
Well since Nintendo got around to making a GSDS remake how will the Anime make the "New" Johto Season. Do we have to go through the relatively well known "Johto Filler Hell" again? (But things are getting good with DPP. Maybe the writers will be more motivated by then?
silly.gif
)

It won't matter what they call it, because if it's anything like the "KANTO Battle Frontier" it will just be Ash and company traipsing through random filler towns, avoiding Johto landmarks and characters, and fighting "Frontier Brains" in Gym Battles instead of Frontier events. In other words, it will be Johto In Name Only.

Well yeah with Johto I couldn't tell filler from non-filler everything went so fast and even the movies were boring but although some filler did include cute pics and moments Johto sucked.

But don't forget May went to compete in Johto contests so that's probably how they're gonna get around to it with Dawn going to Johto or some crap like that.

You guys do realize that judging by Sinnoh's pacing, we're not getting out of this region until 2010?

I'd wager that Sinnoh itself isn't going to end until DP160 or so, there's still a hell of a lot to wrap up in this arc before even thinking about the next one.

You guys do realize that judging by Sinnoh's pacing, we're not getting out of this region until 2010?

I'd wager that Sinnoh itself isn't going to end until DP160 or so, there's still a hell of a lot to wrap up in this arc before even thinking about the next one.

It's not that long. Ash is on the 7th Gym right now. It's about 15-20 episodes between Gyms. 3 Episodes for the Grand Festival. 6 Episodes for the Sinnoh tournament. Usually 10 episodes between the last Gym and the tournament.

Approximately:
129-144: Team Galactic, J, Filler, Mamoswine wins a ribbon
144-146: Gym 8
146-156: Filler and Grand Festival
156-162ish: Sinnoh Tournament

30 more weeks of Sinnoh, including weeks without Pokemon for baseball and whatever but made up for multi-part episodes like the Grand Festival. That's 7 months, give or take a few weeks. We're in May right now. June, July, August, September, October, November, December. They could make it to the end of the year if they stretched a little, but anything more than that would be pushing it.

You're forgetting the Elite 4 matches, which if they don't do after all this foreshadowing, would feel like the ultimate slap in the face to fans. Although given how they just bumped off Ambipom after spending 2 years of development on it...I wouldn't put it past them.

Plus I imagine the Galactic finale will be at least a 3-parter, maybe one ep longer to make up for the TA/TM ending.

The longest actual league so far was 8 episode for the Johto league, if Ash were to win Sinnoh, it'd need to be at least 10 episodes unless they rush through some of the matches.

Grand Festival should be 3 episodes like the last ones, Volkner could be around for 3-4 episodes. We also need Flint and Bertha's debut episodes.

Honestly there's no way of knowing, but given the anime writers took their sweet time in Sinnoh despite knowing Platinum and possible GS remakes were coming, I guess they don't care enough to advertise those things as they do finishing stuff up in Sinnoh. Dawn having Platinum clothes and the Johto starters in Movie 12 is good enough for now.

I say the fans all ways overstated what took place in the Johto saga. It might not been the best but nether was Kanto are even Hoenn for that matter and Sinnoh is not going to be over anytime soon anyways and the Hoenn saga is old and done were not in the advance series anymore.Chimchar needs to fully evovle all the way in Sinnoh not the Battle frontier we have a lot of time left in the Sinnoh saga for that to happen people need to patient.

Last edited:
So Ash might go back to Johto and Dawn might do contests there? Why even bother with Dawn doing contests there when they could have shown May's!

Actually, that's a good point. When they go back to Johto, they'll have to have a few episodes of May explaining where the hell she's going to. Perhaps she'll be sent away to the Generation V region early as a sneak peak of what to expect?

Actually, that's a good point. When they go back to Johto, they'll have to have a few episodes of May explaining where the hell she's going to. Perhaps she'll be sent away to the Generation V region early as a sneak peak of what to expect?

Yeah, the funny thing with May compared to other old characters like Tracey/Misty/Max, is that they all stay in one place, whereas May is constantly traveling.

For the other three we always know where they'll be, but will the writers keep explaining what regions May travels to afterward?

Its going to be funny how they handle it.

I'm really pissed off about how they handle the Kanto Battle Frontier.
First off, they did not mention nor note the important character(s) from the first season.
It's more like creating these new towns within Kanto to satisfy the needs of Pokemon Contests and the Battle Frontier (although the first contest was an exception).

First off, they did not mention nor note the important character(s) from the first season.

They did re-visit Mt. Moon, Viridian Gym, Pewter Gym, Saffron City, the fighting dojo from Saffron, and the Indigo Plataeu.

I don't see why anyone expected old filler characters to re-appear. Even back in Kanto when Ash promised to meet those trainers again, they never re-appeared, so why would they re-appear now years later?

They could always do some specials on Haruka in Jouto to tie in with the games. It seems like a long shot, but it would be a nice thing to do, and they could actually do something when the games come out, rather than waiting for Shinou to be over with in the anime.

Then they'll find some excuse for Satoshi to wind up in Jouto again after Shinou is over with. Most likely a randomly placed Battle Frontier. (Unless GSDS has a Battle Frontier or something, and then it wouldn't be as random)

They could always do some specials on Haruka in Jouto to tie in with the games. It seems like a long shot, but it would be a nice thing to do, and they could actually do something when the games come out, rather than waiting for Shinou to be over with in the anime.

They could, but it probably wouldn't be like that. I bet when Ash and co go to Johto (if they were going), May would go to Sinnoh for the contests there since the Johto GF would be over by then.

They could, but it probably wouldn't be like that. I bet when Ash and co go to Johto (if they were going), May would go to Sinnoh for the contests there since the Johto GF would be over by then.

I think this answer here is probably what will happen, heck Ash and the gang may probably never even meet up with May.

The writers will probably have them go over there to see May's Grand Festival or something, and then have Ash hear about the Johto BF there. Dawn'll decide to compete in Johto contests while May, Drew, and Harley go over to Sinnoh.

I don't see why anyone expected old filler characters to re-appear. Even back in Kanto when Ash promised to meet those trainers again, they never re-appeared, so why would they re-appear now years later?

I think people wanted Gym Leader reappearances more than anything else. At least one as a "catchup" to see what they're up to (Sabrina was the biggest request) and another participating in a Contest (Erika'd be the most likely).

I think people wanted Gym Leader reappearances more than anything else. At least one as a "catchup" to see what they're up to (Sabrina was the biggest request) and another participating in a Contest (Erika'd be the most likely).

Yeah, it would have been nice to see Sabrina again now that she wasn't evil.

I guess they only visited the main character Gyms, meaning Brock at Pewter, we saw Viridian Gym post-Giovanni, and Misty did appear even if they didn't visit Cerulean.

They could have also debuted Janine in the anime, but I guess its too late for that now.

Yeah, it would have been nice to see Sabrina again now that she wasn't evil.

I guess they only visited the main character Gyms, meaning Brock at Pewter, we saw Viridian Gym post-Giovanni, and Misty did appear even if they didn't visit Cerulean.

They could have also debuted Janine in the anime, but I guess its too late for that now.

Not really. She was a Gen II Gym Leader, so maybe she could show up when they go back to Johto.

One thing. Seeing as there are 5 not 7 facilities it would make sense if they go through half the region. Number 2 is for this to happen Vermillion. Whats in vermillion? Dual hand tailed monkey mon! I said that for you crazies only!

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom