• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Johto GF

Sombra29

Irrationally Logical
Reaction score
In the end my prediction of May appearing in a cameo during the Sinnoh Festival was wrong...But there is still hope that we get one during the league....

So...What do you speculate about the Johto Grand Festival ?Do you think that we will know the outcome later?Do you want to see it? Discuss.

I remember that there was a similiar thread liek this. I think it's title was Will we learn about May's place in Johto Gf or something like that.

Anyways:
What do you speculate about the Johto Grand Festival?
Harley will get the lowest place out of four as always. Probably Top 8 or something. May may defeat Solidad but may be defeated by Drew(Ash never managed to defeat Gary after Johto League). Or the opposite, or she may win against all of three. Or lose against on and not manage to figh other(well, calm, mature, mentor type rivals are usually not get defeated by main characters). May may win as her job in main cast is done, but I doubt she will win whatsoever. I think that she will be in finals this time though.
Do you think that we will know the outcome later?
If May returns for the Pallet Town reunion. Or calls the current cast sometime.
Do you want to see it?
BisonYes.jpg

Great thread Sombra!!! I absolutely would love to see it!!!!

May is one of my favorite characters, and I hope she wins, also I love contests. Solidad is also one of my favorite characters, and I absolutely love her, and seeing Drew and Harley again would be so refreshing. Also, after May vs Drew Kanto Grand Festival, I'd love to see May and Drew go at it again.

I personally feel like fans are entitled to see it. May introduced contests, and May's arc was awesome, as well as her rivals. Contestshipping is also very, very popular, it would be a total bonus and plus if the writers were to show it.

The writers have nothing to lose and everything to gain, by showing May's Grand Festival, so rather see that than any filler, and honestly, apart of me feels like we will.

I would love for May to win, probably have May vs Solidad be the finals, or Top4 and make May and Drew make the finals, also, I want Harley to pose more of a threat, and almost beat May.

May deserves to win a Grand Festival.

No, I doubt May will even be mentioned at the end of DP at all.

Nothing about her contests or story will ever be followed up on again. She's basically going the way of Misty.

Unless there really are R/S remakes next gen and May is still in them, there's really no reason to expect anything out of her story at this point.

I am not a May fan at all, but I still think it'd be pretty interesting. So yeah, I'd like to see it. Aside from that, I'd rather not speculate, seeing as I have a fairly bad track record with that sort of thing.

If Jasmine actually appear and not get just a quick cameo, I'd love to see her talk about the recent Johto GF and saying how good May did in it and possibly even won, which makes Kenny decide to go to Johto for the next Johto GF
Hopefully we also get a short flashback of May winning, final should be May VS Solidad... or just see her holding the Ribbon Cup
Of course, it's unlikely... but I still hope - if Fantina was a judge in the Sinnoh GF, Jasmine could be a judge in Johto GF so she could see May winning there

Well the writers have always favored May over Misty, (as well as a good chunk of the fanbase) but even then I doubt she will get any follow-up. Old characters from old arcs don't need any focus.

Especially now that DP is ending and Dawn is leaving too, they're not going to keep track of separate traveling characters.

But at the least, I would certainly expect to see a tiny bit more of May than Misty for as long as the show goes on for. But I wouldn't expect anything from either next arc as Dawn will get any and all cameos.

Last edited:
Well, knowing how May did is not really necessary. Mind you, this is the first time we have a former main character who's journey is continuing. I do not expect any indication to be given at all, and if they do, it will be a passing mention, as they have other things to worry about right now.

Well the writers have always favored May over Misty, (as well as a good chunk of the fanbase, lol) but even then I doubt she will get any follow-up. Old characters from old arcs don't need any focus.

Source please? Also, Scott please tell me how much the writers are paying you since you must be working for them, since you think you know everything.

But I think the funniest part of this whole thing, is that the majority of the things you say end up not being true.

The writers clearly must love Gible more than Gliscor right now by your logic right?

What I would want to see most is of course, May winning against Solidad, using da sparklez, to show that she learnt from her previous loss to not approach contests as a normal battle. This will fully show that she participates in contests the right way similar to how other coordinators do.

I would also want Drew to beat her, because he is cooler in my opinion.

I would like to see proof of this, please.

You need proof that the writers favor her? What, did the last 8 years go over your head?

Take a look at the "High Touch" opening, where May is right in the middle and closest to the screen of all the older characters, whereas Misty is shoved behind May and Gary. PUSA even cut Misty out of the dub opening.

You need proof that the writers favor her? What, did the last 8 years go over your head?

That is not proof. Neither is the position of May in High Touch (and Misty is in the dub opening, if only for a brief second).

That is not proof. Neither is the position of May in High Touch (and Misty is in the dub opening, if only for a brief second).

What about other aspects of the series? Since May's debut, I can't think of a single time the writers chose Misty over May for anything. The last time Misty even had a major story arc is when Togepi evolved and left...that was it.

May was brought back for Kanto BF over Misty, and brought back again in DP over the character.

The reason I mention this because I don't think May's Johto GF will be mentioned/referenced at all, but if the writers ever did want to focus on an older main character a bit again, I'm sure it would be her. Although now that DP is ending we're sure only to see Dawn in terms of cameos, and neither of the older two.

Take a look at the "High Touch" opening, where May is right in the middle and closest to the screen of all the older characters, whereas Misty is shoved behind May and Gary. PUSA even cut Misty out of the dub opening.

How ironic you mention High Touch, yet Dawn is going the way of May according you and your ilk. :rolleyes:

Oh,scott,You just had to say that name, this topic is now doomed.

What I would want to see most is of course, May winning against Solidad, using da sparklez, to show that she learnt from her previous loss to not approach contests as a normal battle. This will fully show that she participates in contests the right way similar to how other coordinators do.

I would really really like to see this too,that will show people that still prefer the AG contest that DP is how the game is supposed to be played.

This isn't going to end well......

If it continues like this, you're right.

Misty and May were both great characters, have many fans, and contributed a lot to this show, let's not ruin what has potential to be a great thread with this Misty vs May nonsense.

I actually think this thread is super awesome. It'd be great to see May battle again. If we ever do see it though, I hope May is in her Emerald Outfit, as well as her rivals in their normal clothes.

I actually like the whole dress up thing, but more so for Dawn's arc, not May's, to me, that's just not her.

Also, I want single appeals, not doubles.

It should go like this:

May uses Beautifly for the 1st round
Harley uses Wigglytuff
Drew uses Butterfree
Solidad uses Pidgeot

2nd appeals
May uses Glaceon
Harley uses Banette
Drew uses Flygon
Solidad uses Slowbro

Battles: Drew vs May: May's Glaceon/Blaziken vs Drew's Roserade/Absol

May vs Harley: Cacturne and Ariados vs Skitty and Warortle

May vs Solidad: Pidgeot and Laparas vs Venesaur and Munchlax

Or whatever the match ups and pokemon used it would be fine, and I'm sure very creative.

Misty and May were both great characters, have many fans, and contributed a lot to this show, let's not ruin what has potential to be a great thread with this Misty vs May nonsense.

The point is that although I think its highly unlikely for May's contest story to get any follow-up, its that IF the writers had a choice, we would probably see a tiny bit about it.

But if Dawn leaves too, then no, we'll probably just see Dawn cameo and that's it.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom