• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Johto Possibly Getting A DVD Rerelease

That would be fantastic. Johto DVDs are ridiculously expensive to find and Johto Journeys didn't release two episodes for some reason. It would seem kind of weird to re-release it now when it would have been more fitting around HG/SS, but I'm okay with this. If they could do this and re-release AG on DVD as well, then I would be quite happy.

I hope it's true and after that, I hope JLC, Master quest and the pre-season 9 advanced series are released afterwards too.

Viz Media probably doesn't even have the rights to release the TV series on Blu-ray at the moment.

If one really wants Johto that badly and doesn't want to wait then import the Australian DVDs. Yes they're Region 4, but you can set the Region on most DVD players these days. As far as Viz is concerned all I care about are their upcoming Sailor Moon Blu-Rays.

Nice! Johto is my favorite era. I get nostalgic cuz that's when I got into Pokemon. Awesome news.

I just checked Viz Media's Facebook and they did indeed post that. I am now very interested.

Also, we all need to make sure to remind Viz Media to remember to include the last two episodes of The Johto Journeys! We don't want a repeat from last time.

Then again, if Origins on iTunes is anything to go by, you may get a chance to buy them digitally (yeah, I know some of you want physical copies).

Great. It took me so long to get Indigo and Orange Islands on DVD (And I still haven't found the first two movies outside of the Internet or under $75), so it'll be great to be able to get my hands on the Johto seasons. Considering we're on season 17 and movie 17 now, I'm shocked Viz Media doesn't just do boxsets of five seasons and boxsets of five movies all at once. But then again, these are the people who are releasing Hoenn's manga at the same time as Unova's (Pokémon Adventures/Special)... Anyways, here's how I'd do it if I were in charge.

Boxset 1: Seasons 1-5 (Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto)

Boxset 2: Mewtwo, Lugia, Entei, Celebi, and Lati@s movies

Boxset 3: Seasons 6-10 (Hoenn, Battle Frontier, Sinnoh)

Boxset 4: Jirachi, Deoxys, Lucario, Manaphy and Darkrai movies

Boxset 5: Seasons 11-15 (Sinnoh, Unova)

Boxset 6: Giratina, Arceus, Zoroark, Victini, Kyurem movies

Boxset 7: All Pokémon Chronicles Episodes

Boxset 8: Anime Specials (Mewtwo Returns, The Master of Mirage Pokémon, The Legend Of Thunder, Pokémon Origins)

I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult or costly to do this and it would make it so much more amazingly easy to find all of the anime seasons/movies. As of right now, I think the only place that even has all of the seasons on DVD is New Zealand, and I don't feel like taking a world wide trip for movies. LBR, it'd probably make them a whole lot of money...

Those box sets would probably cost a lot of money. The first box set would contain the original series, while all of the other ones would have most of one series and the start of the next. That would be hundreds of episodes, so I doubt any of those would be inexpensive. A full season box set would be nice, but that would probably also be expensive.

Volume One of Indigo was re-re-released November 5th, 2013, so perhaps this is where the indefinite re-release of the entire series began. Still no word on Volume 2, but hopefully it'll be soon.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom