• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

jokool's anime and manga drawings

jokool

The Coolest!
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

For a while now, I've been wanting to be a anime and (or) manga artists/writer. I've done some anime/manga style drawings and I thought I'd start showing them off! Most of my work is from my own ideas, but I've also done (and plan on doing more) Pokemon art. In fact, I'm writing a PokeShipping fanfic right now that I plan on drawing fanart to go with. I'll post the fanart here when it's done!

Okay! Now that that's out of the way, here's my art:

This one may look familiar to some of you. I had this as my signature for a while:

shinypikachu3.JPG

Here's the same pic, but I did a little work on it with MS Paint:

shinypikachu6.JPG

I've also done a larger one with more details:

shinypikachu2.JPG

I'll also be posting my anime/manga drawings later on, but unfortunately, they'll only be photos of the drawings (since I don't have a scanner anymore), so the quality probably won't be as good...

Attachments

• shinypikachu3.JPG
    shinypikachu3.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 103
  • shinypikachu6.JPG
    shinypikachu6.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
sweet, that's a great start! I can't wait to see more!

Re: jokool's anime and manga drawings (updated March 30th)

Update!

Here's a couple of characters that I drew a while ago:

This first one is what I think I would look like in a anime/manga:

P6136143.JPG

The next two are of a girl that might be a main character in one of my ideas:

P6136148.JPG

P6136141.JPG

For the second one, I was trying out a different hair style. I also was trying out different eyes (I still can't figure out which kind of eye style I should choose...).

I'll post more later on.
I hope you all like them! :-D

The boy looks like Naruto! :3c And the girls are very cute.
Might I suggest you make the necks and shirt holes a little bigger next time?

The boy looks like Naruto! :3c And the girls are very cute.
Might I suggest you make the necks and shirt holes a little bigger next time?

Didn't realize that I looked like Naruto! :lol:

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll try that out next time!

I thought you looked like joey wheeler and the only word you could say was nyeh

I member chucking at your old sig, as for your new images, the boy looks good, but the eyes of the second image of the girl, creeps me out. and I like the first on better. but that's just me.

They look great! Keep it up. XD

You also color nice. I can't really color well. ^_^
Thank you!
And I'm sure you color just fine! :)

I thought you looked like joey wheeler and the only word you could say was nyeh

I member chucking at your old sig, as for your new images, the boy looks good, but the eyes of the second image of the girl, creeps me out. and I like the first on better. but that's just me.

Nyeh... :lol:

About the girl: Yeah, I'm still working on the eyes of my characters... (there's this one character that I drew who's eyes would give you nightmares LOL).

Baha, I was wondering how Pikachu got shiny! Thanks for clearing that up for me. Such an adorable picture and clever idea. ^^

Your characters are nice too; I like the girl's eyes in the first picture better, and her hair in the second picture. :s

Ooh, clever idea on the Pikachu! I'd recommend more practice when it comes to angles, though; it looks a little flat since it's totally "straightened out" as it is. I'm assuming he's at the beach, so angling the image a bit should mean you'd be able to see some of the water. Nothing some practice can't fix~ :3

ART!!! you must make more! Why you ask? Because it is good!!! Please post more!

Ooh, clever idea on the Pikachu! I'd recommend more practice when it comes to angles, though; it looks a little flat since it's totally "straightened out" as it is. I'm assuming he's at the beach, so angling the image a bit should mean you'd be able to see some of the water. Nothing some practice can't fix~ :3

Funny thing is, I did draw one with water, but I didn't like how it turned out, so I redrew it without the water. I think I have it scanned on my computer. If I find it, I'll post it.

Edit: @Denton FOUND IT!

Here is the original "How Pikachu gets shiny" Picture:

shinypikachu.JPG

Fufufufufufu..... The scanner cut off Pikachu's tail. *sigh*

I'm not sure why I don't like this one as well.

Last edited:
It looks good! what's wrong with it?

you're off to a good start, but there's one thing that i noticed.

when you draw your girls their... er... breasts are kind of crooked and awkward looking. ^^; one kind of looks bigger than the other and they're a little saggy.

also, on the pikachu, it does look rather flat. adding 3d depth such as shading, etc will help.

i'd say more but it's 12:30 in the morning for me and i've had a rather rough day... i may review more when you post some more pictures. keep drawing.

you're off to a good start, but there's one thing that i noticed.

when you draw your girls their... er... breasts are kind of crooked and awkward looking. ^^; one kind of looks bigger than the other and they're a little saggy.
Yeah... I'm still working on... them... :goof:

also, on the pikachu, it does look rather flat. adding 3d depth such as shading, etc will help.

I'm still trying to figure out good shading techniques. Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out soon.

i'd say more but it's 12:30 in the morning for me and i've had a rather rough day... i may review more when you post some more pictures. keep drawing.

I'll probably post more pics tomorrow.

Thanks for your comments!

UPDATE!

Here's a couple more characters that I've drawn! For some reason, I decided not to color them.

P6136144.JPG

P6136145.JPG

Back
Top Bottom