• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

JollyYoshi’s Artwork! (Drawing, Photos, etc.)

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
I like to draw Pokémon characters and take photos of what I see. I’m no professional photographer and just take picture with my phone to the best of my abilities. I also draw but I haven’t really been in the mood recently. For now, I’ll just be posting photos.

DB0FB304-3A3E-4E3B-8510-48C8064E03E4.jpeg

BF5E561F-2DB5-4390-A228-234FE0DC4901.jpeg

• Staff
Here’s some slightly old drawings I’ve found. The Pokémon ones are copies of official artwork but in one color.

5C9EB956-DD39-412E-9F91-05C183D30352.jpeg

Trainer Lodge Story Snapshot

C1ABDED1-D868-4801-A371-797839B46173.jpeg

Pokémon Center Trainers merchandise

F267464D-35D2-456A-B1A4-6EAB1CC3F1FD.jpeg

Pokémon Center Art

ECC00E8E-4575-40AF-9C5B-02E8FBA5758A.jpeg

The Ideal Formula Artwork by Mikko from Pokémon Masters

• Staff
Had a Lechonk plushie from the Pokémon Center arrive through the mail. So, I had to take some pictures. Here are some of the them with my zebra profile animal.

541490E1-8D5A-4C61-BC67-62629F47830B.jpeg

If you’re wondering if it could be the kiss-off of the century, well— I sort of thought that too.

E1073012-7DD5-4835-866F-1739866A5547.jpeg

Here, Lechonk is being used as transportation

E3B66C57-60BC-473E-A070-27D897A65AB0.jpeg

This is just the two hanging out

Last edited:
  • Staff
I got my pencil, paper, and eraser tonight and just started on some sketches and before I knew it, I was satisfied. For the first time in a while, I felt like I had fun doing art. Although I do think basing your art off something makes it better, I haven’t found that fun yet. I just enjoy going to paper and drawing what I want.

C53741DA-8C52-47D3-8CEF-98B44D370EAD.jpeg

I decided not to full finish drawing this character because I felt like I got the character’s idea on paper and I could always go back and change more later.

DD4E1438-DEDB-4C18-94BF-6411C0581A3C.jpeg

Here is our lovely zebra friend drawn onto paper

Last edited:
  • Staff
Here we go again but more backwards than forward. I definitely have found that I don’t really cringe when looking at my old art rather I just laugh at how goofy it is. Btw, I know I spelled the names the way I did

IMG_2683.jpeg

IMG_2687.jpeg

IMG_2687.jpeg

IMG_2684.jpeg

IMG_2688.jpeg

This might reveal how young I am as Sonia is a “recent” character lol. I actually decided to whip up a Sonia just to compare how my art has changed. It’s not the best in my opinion but I’d say I did a fine job for the amount of time I gave myself.

It can also be argued that I didn’t give myself enough space in the original so it didn’t turn out that good though I don’t think it would’ve really changed that much.

What’s also really interesting about the old picture is that it shows what makes Sonia a distinct character as it’s so simple.

The improvement from the original Sonia piece to the new one is absolutely massive; keep working at it, you're showing some pretty significant growth! Aside from that, I do quite like the Pokemon trainer arts you posted a few posts ago; you did a particularly good job with the dramatic shading on N and the highlights on Silver's hair!

If you don't mind me suggesting a piece of advice; it might be good for you to try pressing less hard on the pencil when you draw? Again, there are massive massive improvements between the two Sonia drawings, but on the second one I can still see quite clearly where you tried to erase but couldn't-- it's usually easier to erase when you haven't pressed as far in. I know press not hard is difficult when you're already in the habit, and you are definitely still improving regardless of this, but it's a thing I though you might find helpful.

• Staff
I’m in an art posting mood so I’ll post art

1710649348415.jpeg

I’d say I’d want to do more stuff to this one (not necessarily add color) but for now, I’ll leave it at this. And this is Serena from the Pokémon anime based on her “casual” outfit from JN105. I sort of based this off the Beatles Revolver art style

IMG_2861.jpeg

This was just sort of practice based on looking at one of my stuffed animals. I always wondered what she would look like with all these expressions and here we go!

IMG_2864.jpeg

This was a trace of the picture of George Harrison from the White Album. The only really special thing about this is the fact that the album names are on (or are) his hair

IMG_2863.jpeg

I drew this a while ago of George Washington and found it with the george Harrison one. It’s sort of just a carbon copy of that one picture on Wikipedia though it’s not a trace and all done in pencil.

IMG_2862.jpeg

This is Masahiro Sakurai presenting Byleth from Fire Emblem. I feel like the only place where I really succeeded was the face. I think this was also my first time doing a background in a picture like this.

IMG_2841.jpeg

This is the same animal before but those elderly looking faces are her parents. In the full body picture I messed up with the connection of the head to the body. The head is too far to the left.

Last edited:
  • Staff
1710612702103.jpeg

It’s been forever since I’ve posted here. I’ve just recently sort of got back into art. I’ve been sketching Dawn over and over again to the point where I’ve got a good feel for her. I might post some of those sketches here later.

Last edited:
  • Staff
1710648755752.jpeg

1710648976906.jpeg

1710649011419.jpeg

The first spoiler is what inspired me to draw some more. I was bored and just drew on the back of some math homework. If you look closely, you’ll see a square root thing.

Right after I drew Dawn, I then drew Serena. I was then a little unsatisfied with Serena so I drew her once more. I think the biggest things that makes the second Serena more “Serena” are the bigger eyes and wider mouth.

Back
Top Bottom