• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Joltik vs. Wailord

Sanic Hegehog

Ur 2 Slow!!
Reaction score
180px-595Bachuru.png
321Wailord.png

At first these two have nothing in common. Ones a spider and the other is a whale, ones a duel type Bug/Electric and the other is a pure Water type, and ones tiny and the other is gigantic.

Wait a minute, "tiny" and "gigantic"? Thats right folks, this is a battle of size and oh boy this can't get any more different. Joltik holds the title for smallest Pokemon, being only 10cm tall. While Wailord holds the title for biggest Pokemon, Who is almost 50 feet tall!

Who is stronger?
Who is cooler (Or cuter in case of Joltik)?
Who's smarter then a 5th grader?

Let the voting commence!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Bachuru vs. Wailord

Who is stronger - The spider, once it evolves. Wait, he's already stronger.
Who is cooler - The spider.
Who's smarter then a 5th grader - Maybe the spider

Overall, Bachuru gets my vote. I'm really happy with this pokemon and I like it.

Bachuru wins by a long shot. Would Wailord beat it? Probably. But Bachuru would simply use its cuteness (yes, I did say that, it's really that cute) to force Wailord to lose. Or at least, it should.

And I bet Wailord would realistically be smarted. Neither would be smarter than the average 5th grader in the American school system, however.

While Wailord holds a spot in my heart for helping me get back into Gen 3, I have to Bachura. Awesome typing + awesome moves + awesome evo = Awesome pokemon for the win.

Bachuru is awesome. It's cute and it has a great evolution.

Bachuru, mostly because it's really really cute and has a great evolution.

However Wailord's probably smarter than a fifth grader. Cause of the whale thing you know.

But in the end, I think I'm going with Bachuru because I just can't say no to that cute spider D:

Last edited:

Wailord. Thanks to the enormous size, it can crush foes in terms of real life, and can act as a personal submarine (though traffic will be the problem). Bachuru is cute, as well, but they can be pests because they take electricity from your outlets for their energy.

Luckily Diglett's not the smallest Pokemon this time. Can you imagine what kind of insincere jokes will emerge in that case?

Thanks for reading.

Who's stronger?Bachuru
Who's cooler(cuter)?Bachuru
Who's smarter?Wailord.(Bachuru's a bug lol)
Bachuru wins overall.

Bachuru is stronger, even if only because of its type.

Bachuru is cooler. Great typing, movepool and stats. I've liked it from the start.

And, Bachuru is probably smarter. It's a spider.

Overall, it's Bachuru all the way. I think it's one of the best Pokémon of this generation.

I choose Wailord. I just love the size of it and used one in Sapphire. I havent had the chance to use Bachuru yet but Ill put it on my team in B/W.

Strongest - Wailord has more attack and HP but Bachuru definitely has the edge on defense and speed, for obvious reasons. A lot of you will say 'But Bachuru will be able to climb all over Wailord and Wailord cant do anything about it' but youre all forgetting that Wailord can dive and Im pretty sure Wailord can hold its breath longer than Bachuru.
Winner - Wailord

Best Design - While Bachuru may have the best idea for a design, it is just a revamped version of Spinarak and Ariados. This is a lot like other pokemon;
Eg. Hitmonlee &Hitmonchan and Nageki &Dageki.
Despite this, Wailord is, to me, a little bland and, while it is a huge gigantic whale of a thing, Spinarak will have the more fans because, according to them, its Just so damn cute.
Winner - Bachuru

Who would I use? - Wailord. No question, Im not bothered about design or strength or anything. I use what I class as 'cool' and nothing else which is why Ill use Bachuru, but just as a test.
Winner - Wailord

Smarter - I believe all pokemon have the same intelligence, they just show it in different ways. I think Wailord has more brains but is underestimated as it is a whale. If it were the size of, say, a Swampert, it would be a genius.
Winner - Wailord

Overall winner - Wailord.

Wailord. It's and stronger, and being thát big is just awesome.

I say Wailord would win in a fight. Even though Bachuru is faster, it can't do much damage with its weak attacks. Wailord is pretty strong and it can probably take out Bachuru in one hit, because the spider has weak defenses also.

I also think Wailord is cooler. I just like the idea of a huge whale, for some reason. I'm not saying Bachuru is bad, I just like Wailord slightly better.

Maybe Bachuru is smarter than a 5th grader. Or maybe Wailord.

Wailord has a much better design, and can make a great tank.

Wailord! I love that giant whale to death! Its so cute :3

Wailord. It's stronger and it's a whale. Instant pwnage.

Bachura, despite being cute and having an great type combination, I've never been too interested in. Spiders really aren't my thing.

Bachuru is really cute, his evo has an original typing and looks good overall, not like the whale if you ask me.

Bachuru is an easy win. Who cares about the size? It wins in all three categories.

I love Wailord, so I'll give it the win here, but once Bachuru's kickass evolution comes into play... damn.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom