• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

July 03: One-hour Special

Gary coming back=Pure awesomeness.
Ash Gligar evolving=About time.

Dawn getting Swinub=Sadness. I was hoping Brock got it but oh well maybe it will at least limit Piplup's spotlight.

Does this mean Gary will know about Paul now?

Sometimes the writers bring back older Pokemon not for the sake of evolving but to make us remember. Generation II Pokemon with new Generation IV evolutions does not make this an exemption.

Flaming Charizard, I'm not really aiming at you. I've seen numerous posts from the past about this and it just ticked me off here.

^ Lol Yumomi.

What I want to see is Shigeru and Shinji in the same episode.
That would be ****ing awesome.

Hikari getting another Pokemon makes me sad, but whatever.

Shigeru's sexiness coming back makes up for all of that 8D

DP 86: ヨスガコレクション!ポケモンスタイリストへの道!!

I attempted to translate that as Yosuga Collection! Road to a Pokemon Stylist!!

All these titles are from Newtype. Not details however. The poster guess it involves fashion. Probably that supermodel Lopunny?

That's on the 7/10.

7/19 is the Darkrai movie.

Ashfangirl17 said:
Ash Gligar evolving=About time.

"About time?" He's only had the thing for a handful of episodes, and in that short amount of time the pokemon's only been in one battle so far.

Gligar's evolution looks like it's going to be the most rushed evolution since Satoshi's Yukiwarashi.

"About time?" He's only had the thing for a handful of episodes, and in that short amount of time the pokemon's only been in one battle so far.

Gligar's evolution looks like it's going to be the most rushed evolution since Satoshi's Yukiwarashi.

I don't agree with the rushing neither and would've liked to see more of the thing as a Gligar. However, I think saying "About time" is a tad justified since the movie previews spoiled its evolution for a while now, and it's only now evolving about a week or two before the movie's release (same with Hikari's Urimoo). In any case, I'm glad these spoilers came as late as they could. It's a lot better than last year, when Dialga vs. Palkia vs. Darkrai spoiled the whole party months in advanced, and we got Takeshi's Pinpuku almost a whole month before the movie's release. I'm just sitting there going "welp, that's it for the changes. Can't expect anything new to happen for a whole other month". I better get a starter evolution after this movie's done with, dammit. DX

You're forgetting Mukkuru.

Since the writers seem to be so afraid of Jouto Pokemon sticking around for too long, it wouldn't surprise me if we saw Manmoo by the end of the year.

Aipom was around for 72 episodes before she evolved and lost nearly everything that made her likable.

Well, to JB88, the reason everyone wants them to evolve is strictly because of advertising purposes. I mean just look at Aipom and Yanmega. They too were Johto Pokemon with Sinnoh evolutions which is why they evolved.

I mean what's the point of a character catching an older Pokemon if it's not going to evolve into a current-gen Pokemon?

Umm, correct me if I'm mistaken, but Brock's Bonsly evolved into a 2nd gen pokemon, and Happiny's evos are of the 1st gen and 2nd gen for it's second evo and it's final evo, respectively. If they wanted to just showcase only the current gen (Or at the VERY LEAST evolve a previous gen to a current-gen pokemon), then wouldn't it be simpler to just, well, NOT have Bonsly evolve at all? I mean, from an advertizing standpoint, it would have seemed pointless to do that (not that I think that it's advertisement, but still).

Besides, barely HALF of Team Rocket's overall pokemon are of the previous gen that aren't even related to the current gen at ALL (Seviper and Wobbuffet), and that's not even counting Meowth.

On topic, Ok, episodes dedicated to the future cast member Swinub, and apparantly the evolution of Gligar. However, I can't confirm nor deny that Swinub is Dawns or Brocks, nor can we confirm nor deny that Gligar evolves or not, so let's just wait and see.

On topic, Ok, episodes dedicated to the future cast member Swinub, and apparantly the evolution of Gligar. However, I can't confirm nor deny that Swinub is Dawns or Brocks, nor can we confirm nor deny that Gligar evolves or not, so let's just wait and see.

...We know Gligar is going to evolve. The question is: When?

Yay! The Swinub and Gliscor episodes. Finally! I'm excited to see these. Swinub seems like a fun pokemon and Gliscor looks awesome. I really hope that once Gligar evolves, it still keeps its personality.

Anyway, it's great to see that Gary's back. It's cool to see him reoccur every now and then. I wonder if he'll have any other pokemon with him since the last time?

Rocket Girl said:
You're forgetting Mukkuru.

Well with Starly it's acceptable that it should evolve fast. Snorunt's evolution fit perfectly, I think. But everyone jumped on the bandwagon for Gligar into Gliscor. I mean, ever since Ash got it, it's been the hype for a long time. Feels like this will go down as one of the craziest hypes along with Ash getting a Riolu/Lucario.

So...because the writers don't want us to remember the Johto catastrophe, they'll speed up all Johto Pokemon into their evolutions within episodes?

Hikari getting another Pokemon makes me sad, but whatever.

I strangely feel sad too, like I want her to get a Sinnoh Pokemon than another Johto...

Everyone seems to be getting Johto Pokemon lately.

If Paul appears in this episode, and Gary's there, that would be awesome. I wonder what'll happen.

Aipom was around for 72 episodes before she evolved and lost nearly everything that made her likable.

>_>

UGH. DP086 being the Supermodel Lopunny ep ruins any chance Nando had of returning any time soon...

Well JB88, the hype is kind of justified since in the movie trailer, there was a Gliscor near the gang and it was near Ash's Pokémon.

I'd say the hype would have been crazy if we didn't have any proof at all that Ash's Gligar would evolve anytime soon but since the movie trailer practically confirms this occuring 100%, the hype is justified at least to an extent.

As for the Johto Pokémon needing to evolve very fast, well, the most explicit reason I'd think the writers would want to do that is to showcase the Sinnoh Pokémon more.

There is no apparent reason to bring a 2nd gen Pokémon back to anyone's team unless that Pokémon is part of an evolutionary line from the 4th gen, eg: Brock's Bonsly and Happiny, Ash's soon to be Gliscor and recently, Jessie's Yanmega. It's nothing against the 2nd gen at all, it's just that this season is focused on the 4th gen Pokémon and the writers will want to showcase them as much as possible.

If you think about it, Ash didn't have any Pokémon from any other gen in the Hoenn season, his entire team was from the 3rd gen exclusive (Grovyle, Swellow, Torkoal, Glalie and Corphish) with the exception of Pikachu of course. The thing is, in this gen (4th), there are many new Pokémon that are part of an evolutionary line that already existed before, particularly 2nd gen Pokémon and that is why we are getting to see them much more than usual.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom