• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

July 03: One-hour Special

No. It very obviously because it barely got used at all during Johto
I imagine not being a Grass/Flying/Water/Electric type also helped.

The writers like to balance Ash's team as much as possible.

I'd like to see Turtwig evolve because personally I don't feel it can do much more after learning Energy Ball. Same with Staravia and Brave Bird. Gligar shouldn't evolve so soon but it's a Gen 2 Pokémon.

Chimchar is destined to see it through to Infernape. As for Buizel, it could go either way - it seems to have the same pride that Bulbasaur has.

Buizel wants power more than anything. Evolution is the quickest way to achieve that power. In other words, the only way Buizel can reach it's potential is by evolving.

My prediction for Ash's Sinnoh team:

Turtwig > Grotle - Paul already has a Torterra which is arguably his strongest Pokémon and it would be even weirder to have the prospect of a Torterra vs Torterra together with a Gliscor vs Gliscor... plus, when's the last time Ash had 2 or more 2nd stage evolution Pokémon... hmm yeah, the episode Pidgeot got released. This is assuming that either Staravia evolves or Chimchar goes all the way.

Starly > Staravia > Staraptor - Already learned Brave Bird and seems to be a pretty capable Pokémon, something along the lines of Ash's Swellow so it's pretty safe to call a Staraptor by the end of this season.

Chimchar > Monferno > Infernape - This is more tricky now. It could go either way, Chimchar could stay as it is or it could evolve only once or it could go all the way! I'm hoping he evolves into an Infernape during a match against Paul, it doesn't have to be in a League match or at least make Paul witness how powerful he had become after evolution and make him regret releasing him. Sweet.

Buizel - I really can't see him evolve even though it would make sense with his mindset of lust for power. He has a lot of pride, pride that has already been shown many times before to cause Pokémon not to want to evolve (eg: Pikachu and Bulbasaur). In any case, both examples are still very strong despite not evolving.

Pikachu - =/

The Swinub episode sounds a lot like Munchlax's capture episode. I hope Mr. Backlot brings in a bit of creativity there.
Well, Charmander didn't evolve until we were 3/4 of the way through Kanto and by the time we even reached the next Gym it was already a Charizard. I say never to count anything out.
Charmeleon was only around for three episodes. The middle forms tend to be shafted but I hope we see a little more of them than that. I certainly want to see Ash with a Grotle and Monferno before the end of the year, though Chimchar still needs a bit more screentime first.

I hope we only get 1 or 2 more episodes with Chimchar, then it evolves. I want something more than the "RAWR!11! PAUL BEAT ME WITH A STICK OF WILD ZANGOOSE I WAS ABUSED AND TORCHERED I HAVE NO PERSONALITY BESIDES BEING EMO! RAWR!11! BLAZEBBQ!11!"

It's like, we get it. Chimchar was beaten as a child, let's move on to the next stage. Or at least show some personality besides being emo. Where is the dancing, happy Chimchar of yesteryear?

The middle forms tend to be shafted

Not in AG, we had more Combusken and Grovyle than torchic/blaziken and treecko/sceptile. And Marshtomp had quite a lot too, but I think it was a Mudkipz for a longer time than it was a Marshtomp.

Chimchar has every reason to act the way it does. Emo should be exclusively used for ppl who act like that for no reason.

I just want them to revisit it when its a Monferno. I want more "cool dancing Chimchar/Monferno" than the "Chimchar goes apeshit, does something to Ash, Ash helps it in the end"

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom