• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Jumanfia - Day Five (In the jungle, the peaceful jungle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, guess my plan of having a random lynch isn't gonna work then. I'll just vote with Ex. Not like we have anything to go off of.

Unvote

Vote: WaterBlueMan

Well, guess my plan of having a random lynch isn't gonna work then. I'll just vote with Ex. Not like we have anything to go off of.

Unvote

Well, I guess we could try to spark some disussions.
Howdy there.

Who looks more suspicious to you? Rainbow Cloud or CheffOfGames?

They telling us that lynching inactive players might be a bad idea could be interpreted as them protecting an inactive scumbuddy.

Or do you think that's just a difference in phosophies? :unsure:

Think it's just a difference in philosophy we have, from my experience, going after inactives is often a scum tactic for an easy mislynch, particularly if it's early in the game. Lynching an inactive is pretty much a stab in the dark and a gamble whereas we do know there are active scum in the game at this point given Calvin's death.

Well, I agree with it being risk during the late game.

But, like, if we miskill active players that seem scummier that would make it easir for mafia to control the game, since important Town people wouldn't vote nor use their roles.

Well, I guess we could try to spark some disussions.
Howdy there.

Who looks more suspicious to you? Rainbow Cloud or CheffOfGames?

They telling us that lynching inactive players might be a bad idea could be interpreted as them protecting an inactive scumbuddy.

Or do you think that's just a difference in phosophies? :unsure:

I think it could be a difference in philosophy, because I'm usually against it too. But when most of the actives look decent I don't mind dipping into inactives.

I think Cheff seems the worse of the two though. Rainbow looks pretty solvey to me and like he's trying to be helpful. Cheff said he was gonna contribute more but then just kinda faded out.

Think it's just a difference in philosophy we have, from my experience, going after inactives is often a scum tactic for an easy mislynch, particularly if it's early in the game. Lynching an inactive is pretty much a stab in the dark and a gamble whereas we do know there are active scum in the game at this point given Calvin's death.

Yeah, I think scum could be someone who originally posted a bit but then became inactive. Because they know it would be harder to sus them out of the other inactives. But a good idea could be for us to lynch inactives since scum seems to be taking out the active people. So we can at least narrow down the inactives ourselves.

Yeah, I think scum could be someone who originally posted a bit but then became inactive. Because they know it would be harder to sus them out of the other inactives. But a good idea could be for us to lynch inactives since scum seems to be taking out the active people. So we can at least narrow down the inactives ourselves.
Yeah, it's not really the strategy I'd usually go with but it might be the better option at the moment given the low activity and time running out in the phase, at least we can rule out the slot at worst.

The xay ended an hour ago, but I also start work about then. I'll just push back the lynch scene another few hours until I'm off. That said, any votes after an hour ago will not account for anything.

Very minor thing but thought I should still show it.
There might be more Town players that like him.
Original text:
There might be more Town players that fit this.

@ExLight (and anyone in general) please avoid any editing in posts. If you want to change a sentence, let people know in a new post.
  • Deku is now your god. Question him not.
  • @funnier6 is second only to Deku. Question him not unless you are Deku.
Now that I'm here anyway, I'd like to add a rule made in an earlier game by one of the hosts :p
@DarthWolf is MOD. Fear him, for his wrath is great and just.

Very minor thing but thought I should still show it.

Original text:
There might be more Town players that fit this.

@ExLight (and anyone in general) please avoid any editing in posts. If you want to change a sentence, let people know in a new post.

Now that I'm here anyway, I'd like to add a rule made in an earlier game by one of the hosts :p
This is fair. Continue.

sorry, yikes
I thought it wasn't making sense grammatically, so I thought it was fine to edit to express it with other words since it would fall into a grammar edit :confused:

Ironically I butchered it even more after editing and it got another meaning.

*There might be more Town players like him.
is what I meant

Welp, I'm too late to vote, but for the record, would have voted for Cheff, because even though Town got decimated in the MU game I recently played for not going after inactives when we had a chance, I do generally agree with the philosophy that they can be saved for later. Cheff just disappearing looks bad. I know I say this as someone who just did the same for the most part.

Sorry to say I'd contribute more and then disappear. Yesterday I got home from a 2 week vacation so I didn't have a lot of time to contribute or read up and today I've been quite busy with some stuff for school. I have read up and am gonna give my thoughts in a few minutes.

So okay, quick thoughts from the serious part of D1 on.
Don't lynch me, I have a power that kicks in late game I think
Unvote
Vote: Max1996
I actually read it as a townslip if im being completely honest...
Due to these posts I am currently reading them as town, since what they say overlaps with something currently in my role pm. (and then Calvin dies N1, guess I was correct :p)

Sadly this was the only thing that was AI as far as I've seen. Tho I do get some good vibes from Laurentus and Minish.

It's a possibility, but I think it was just a coincidence.
He was one of the few confirmed town, would make sense for mafia to go after him.
I think it was mafia and not Calvin's role that killed him due to this post:
Well thats just unlucky isn't it!
He specifically said he was unlucky and I have a feeling he wouldn't specify that if he activated his role.
ExLight, Calvin, Laurentus, and Minish were the only players who were on Max bandwagon and I wonder if they were all paranoid townies while the scum did not vote at all or do you guys think there was 1 scum on the bandwagon?
It might be that there is 1 scum on the wagon, but since I am townreading Ex, Calvin died and I lean town to both Laurentus and Minish I hope there isn't a scum or multiple in those 3.
Of course, the simplest explanation is likely the correct one: that he was Town enough to make an appealing target, but not Town enough to be defended.
This assumes the Doctor is active tho.
I had the same idea as Ex said here, it might be there there is just no protection yet, or that protection went onto another townie.
Well, if that is the case and all town have that gimmick in common, then I can see why this game doesn't have a publicly available roles list, since the most sensible strategy then would have been for all of us to reveal our roles and see where the contentious claims came in, but as it is, I suppose the Wolves can just ass-pull a role if we try and do that.
Usually on Bulba we don't have a publically available role list, there are some games that have that but that is a rarity on this site, though I would like to see it more.
Given the night scene it's also possible that Calvin activated his lightning rod. That's why I was trying to figure out if any other townie that didn't know their role could use it yet.
This is actually quite an interesting theory, my guess was just that if you don't know your role you can't use it. But I guess the role pm doesn't state that specifically...
I know you said you were busy the other day, but you contributed some day 1 but have dropped off since then. Any thoughts?
I am giving them right now :p
@CheffOfGames, @MegaPod; any strategies you'd recommend for today?
Well, the day is currently over, the strategy I see currently is to wait for the EoD update, keep an eye open for possible scum slips and continue hunting in the morning.
But, like, if we miskill active players that seem scummier that would make it easir for mafia to control the game, since importa
I agree with the fact that lynching inactives is a risky move and would rather save them for later, give them the chance to return or be subbed out. That said, Ex makes a good point, rather take out inactives than contributing townies.
Welp, I'm too late to vote, but for the record, would have voted for Cheff, because even though Town got decimated in the MU game I recently played for not going after inactives when we had a chance, I do generally agree with the philosophy that they can be saved for later. Cheff just disappearing looks bad. I know I say this as someone who just did the same for the most part
I agree with this post. If someone else would have done this they probably would have my vote as well.
I have read up and am gonna give my thoughts in a few minutes.
Well... That took a bit longer than expected, but here it finally is

Night 2 Begins (WaterBlueMan Lynched)
All right, now seems like a good time.

ShinyRockruff204 (1): Contrainer
WaterBlueMan (2): ExLight, Minish
Not Voting: MegaPod, ShinyRockruff204, Jinjo, CheffOfGames, WaterBlueMan, Rainbow Cloud, Officer Snake, Laurentus

After last night's... incident... the group kept hunting. Searching anywhere for the players.
"Hey, where's Water?" someone called. As one they realized... sometime during their hunt, WaterBlueMan had disappeared. Nobody knew when they'd left, or where they were. And so, the hunting party backtracked.
They eventually did find WaterBlueMan, just standing there, staring forward. Then, they realized why it was that they hadn't noticed Water's absence... because they weren't part of the group. With a yell, a spear flew across the room and through WaterBlueMan's chest. And then another through the other chest.
And so the two fell. Brother and sister, together, Judy and Peter Shepherd died.
They heard yelling from somewhere in the group, but nobody knew from where or who.
All they knew was that they were one step closer to winning the game.
WaterBlueMan has been lynched!
They were Judy and Peter Shepherd, a pair of Players

THE LIVING (11):
  1. @MegaPod
  2. @ShinyRockruff204
  3. @Minish
  4. @Cyber Wolf
  5. @CheffOfGames
  6. @ExLight
  7. @Contrainer
  8. @Rainbow Cloud
  9. @Officer Snake
  10. @Laurentus
THE DEAD (1):
  • Max1996, the Quicksand, Spirit of the Roleblocker, Lynched Day One
  • Calvin ッ, the Thunderstorm, Spirit of the One-Shot Lightning Rod, Killed Night One
  • WaterBlueMan, Judy and Peter Shepherd, a pair of Players, Lynched Day Two
NIGHT TWO BEGINS
Night Two ends in just under 24 hours, at 7pm PST on Friday, 16 August 2019.

Did Not Reach 3 posts:

@MegaPod
@ShinyRockruff204
@CheffOfGames (2)
@Officer Snake
I'll give Cheff a pass, since he did post twice, but the other three will all be replaced, in order of their post count, unless they show up before a suitable replacement is found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom