• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Jumanfia - Day Five (In the jungle, the peaceful jungle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey SMS. Got any thoughts/insights you can share? I know there's not been much to go on, but anything can help right now.
I think there are a few players who stick out right now that I like, Exlight, and you, because you both seem to be legitimately solving the game. You all were right about an inactive player being scum, but I don't necessarily think all the scum are completely inactive. I need to look back, but I think players who are posting sparsely are top suspects.

Okay, so I see Contrainer is in the game being, well, Contrainer. His playstyle in my experience is really lurky, in a previous game on ZD he got lynched Day 1 for placing a vote with no explaination of his own. I find such a playstyle really hard to work with because lack of content makes it hard to read a player. I'm not saying Contrainer is scum, my point is if he was it'd be hard to find out anyway. All he has going for him is he shared info that we believe only Townies would know. I'm not entirely sure Town is the exception for that, however. Just some food for thought.

I feel like Larentus' Day 2 was just meh. Imo his laid back contribution is fitting what I'm looking for, he has said stuff but what he has said hasn't really been much. I want more from him in the next Day.

Hey bro! So where's your head at going into Day 3? I'm just trying to get some conversation going, I always feel like talking in a game is good.
Well, we seem to be doing better than expected, hehe.
Since Water was scum I'll give another look into Cheff's posts. Mega is somewhat under my radar as well. But it's mostly gut feeling.

Well, we seem to be doing better than expected, hehe.
Since Water was scum I'll give another look into Cheff's posts. Mega is somewhat under my radar as well. But it's mostly gut feeling.
Mega is like the least active player from Day 1 and 2 currently who hasn't been replaced. I also want more from him, especially since he said he'd post more. Really interested to see it.

I isoed Laurentus posts on day 2. He said he would have voted Cheff and this was before the lynch scene happened. Laurentus post looked like he didn't know WaterBlueMan was going to flip scum and I think Laurentus could be town just by looking at that post of his. I find this strange how Cheff town reads Laurentus so easily while I had to iso Laurentus posts figuring out if he is also town.

I isoed Laurentus posts on day 2. He said he would have voted Cheff and this was before the lynch scene happened. Laurentus post looked like he didn't know WaterBlueMan was going to flip scum and I think Laurentus could be town just by looking at that post of his. I find this strange how Cheff town reads Laurentus so easily while I had to iso Laurentus posts figuring out if he is also town.
This is kind of WIFOM in both cases, because I've found that scum players sometimes don't jump onto a scumbud's wagon late. Anyway, besides that what else are you Town reading Laurentus for, because I feel he is just null.

This is kind of WIFOM in both cases, because I've found that scum players sometimes don't jump onto a scumbud's wagon late. Anyway, besides that what else are you Town reading Laurentus for, because I feel he is just null.

That last post of his is just that. I could also be wrong about him too. I would think an active scum would save WaterBlueMan from getting lynched by redirecting the lynch to someone else.

Day 3 Begins (Contrainer and ExLight Killed)
In the night, a figure walks through the camp. Stepping through the tents, they see Contrainer, sleeping on the couch. Despite looking like a human, he slept like a cat, legs and arms curled beneath him.
Unfortunately, despite his reflexes, he didn't wake up in time to stop his premature death.
As he bled out, he began to grow orange fur, with black and brown spots. Whiskers came out from his lip, and his teeth grew... though the transformation, in death, was worth nothing.
In the morning, the town awoke to the corpse of a leopard, for which none claimed responsibility.
With a sickening thud, the sound of dice was heard again. But it was different this time... lesser.
On this day, only a single die rolled.
Three.
Don't stop the game, you realize
Or one of you may vaporize

The jungle seemed to move around the group, players and spirits alike, and nobody could tell where they were, or where the others were.
They were drawn together by a yelp of fear.
One by one, they came across ExLight in a clearing. But they then realized that this hadn't always been a clearing... the very trees were falling apart around them. Piece by piece, atom by atom.
ExLight looked to be in immense pain, and as the trees fell apart, so did he.
Within moments, the jungle was gone.
It's time for the game to continue.
Contrainer has died! They were the Leopard, the Town Tracker
ExLight has died! They were the Vegetation, the Town Neighborizer

DAY THREE BEGINS
Day 3 ends in 48 hours, at 10pm PST on Sunday 18 August 2019
With 8 alive, 5 is majority

THE LIVING (8):
  1. @MegaPod
  2. @ShinyRockruff204
  3. @Minish
  4. @Jinjo
  5. @CheffOfGames
  6. @Rainbow Cloud
  7. @Officer Snake
  8. @Laurentus
THE DEAD (5):
  • Max1996, the Quicksand, Spirit of the Roleblocker, Lynched Day One
  • Calvin ッ, the Thunderstorm, Spirit of the One-Shot Lightning Rod, Killed Night One
  • WaterBlueMan, Judy and Peter Shepherd, a pair of Players, Lynched Day Two
  • Contrainer, the Leopard, Spirit of the Tracker, Killed Night Two
  • ExLight, the Vegetation, Spirit of the Neighborizer, Killed Day 2

Okay, so I see Contrainer is in the game being, well, Contrainer. His playstyle in my experience is really lurky, in a previous game on ZD he got lynched Day 1 for placing a vote with no explaination of his own. I find such a playstyle really hard to work with because lack of content makes it hard to read a player. I'm not saying Contrainer is scum, my point is if he was it'd be hard to find out anyway. All he has going for him is he shared info that we believe only Townies would know. I'm not entirely sure Town is the exception for that, however. Just some food for thought.

I feel like Larentus' Day 2 was just meh. Imo his laid back contribution is fitting what I'm looking for, he has said stuff but what he has said hasn't really been much. I want more from him in the next Day.

This is a completely valid point, and you're right, if Contrainer's meta is always somewhat lurky, then that's NAI.

What I do find interesting is you don't direct your attention to Cheff like you're doing for me. I could understand the thought process if you lumped us together, but focusing on me specifically feels somewhat forced.

Hey bro! So where's your head at going into Day 3? I'm just trying to get some conversation going, I always feel like talking in a game is good.

On first read, I liked this, because dead town is bad, but taken together with my reevaluation of the previously quoted post, this feels more like making up for previous you's inactivity, like you want to draw attention to how you're not one of those inactive scum, if that is the type of player you replaced.

Fair warning, I'm going to look at everything you're doing through a scum lens for awhile.

This is WIFOM, as later pointed out, but let's also acknowledge that there will always be a degree of WIFOM in a Werewolf game. You make an interesting point about Cheff Town reading me so easily. That, taken together with my mounting suspicion of Mask (I'm sorry, I should probably use SMS, but that just sounds too close to a text message :p) and Mask's complete and utter lack of suspicion on Cheff, honestly make me wonder whether we have a scum team here.

Then again, from the way you're all speaking with Mask, and the way he's playing, I doubt he'd be that obvious if he were scumbuds with Cheff.

This is solid. Taken together with my vote on a Townie's wagon on day 1, and it would not have been a good look to be on another one, though. That said, it is within my nature to betray a fellow scum if I can score some town points for it, especially if said scum is probably on the way out.

That last post of his is just that. I could also be wrong about him too. I would think an active scum would save WaterBlueMan from getting lynched by redirecting the lynch to someone else.
Nah, I would probably do the opposite. It would make me look very bad if I come to the rescue of a scum.

Honestly, one possibility you're not considering is that my scum game would look exactly like it has been: fairly inactive D1, which ends up piling on a Town wagon, very inactive D2 on which I don't commit to any wagon, and questioning everyone's fundamental understanding of the makeup of the game, which breeds a bit of distrust in the townies and goes against the tried and true principle of 'find town, not scum'.

These are not things that should inspire confidence. And these are all solid things that Mask could be pointing at, but instead focuses solely on my level of activity, which makes it weird that he doesn't also consider Cheff.

Damn, losing two town in one go makes me nervous. I was planning on being a lot more aggressive, but if I'm reading this right, we could be getting close to MYLO.

It's weekend, now, so I can be a lot more active. I really want to hear from literally everyone in the day phase today.

Dang, two townies dead in one night...but I do have actual thoughts now at least.

Vote: Rainbow Cloud

What’s interesting to me is that despite touching how Cheff, Ruff and I should all be looked at for inactivity, he ended the phase without a vote committed towards any of us. As for his actual supposed candidates for looking at, admittedly I expect better of myself despite being pretty stumped most of this game, but I’m pretty sure Cheff is known to dip in for a while and go missing at times regardless of alignment, and Rockruff just seems to do what he does as an inexperienced player and focusing on him without further evidence just seems like gunning for an easy mislynch target if you ask me.

It's weekend, now, so I can be a lot more active. I really want to hear from literally everyone in the day phase today.
It's weekend now so work is starting again. I will try and be as active as possible but I am gonna be gone roughly 15 hours for work today and tomorrow.
but I’m pretty sure Cheff is known to dip in for a while and go missing at times regardless of alignment
The reason I tend to go missing is that I want to take my time to be able to read through the messages I have missed, and the more I missed the longer the time I want to take for it, which sometimes doesn't happen.

I will try and form some thoughts after I'm back from work in roughly 10 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom