• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

June 24th Pokemon Presents Discussion

What do you think the new project will be?

• Sinnoh Remakes

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Let's Go Johto

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Something else

Votes: 29 55.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea who tencent is, but I'm assuming they're Chinese what with all the free Hong Kong I saw in the comments??

Which would be funny to me because I said out loud "this looks like one of those unofficial pokemon game apps".

There will definitely be no main series game next year. Tencent wouldn't want their game overshadowed by a main series game.

I mean, for me, this was already obvious when they announced the DLC spread out between June and November. While some people are like "but that's related to an old game", it's still being developed by GF, and is for all intents and purposes a replacement of the old third game model, which was always a full game or two that took up a holiday game slot.

I have no idea where people started getting this idea that GF would have a whole separate project for the end of this year. I thought we were all in agreement with the above.

I mean, for me, this was already obvious when they announced the DLC spread out between June and November. While some people are like "but that's related to an old game", it's still being developed by GF, and is for all intents and purposes a replacement of the old third game model, which was always a full game or two that took up a holiday game slot.

I have no idea where people started getting this idea that GF would have a whole separate project for the end of this year. I thought we were all in agree with the above.
And now, we're going to go two years without any main series games.

There will definitely be no main series game next year. Tencent wouldn't want their game overshadowed by a main series game.
I have to disagree with this. Next year is their 25th anniversary, so I'm pretty sure they'd want to release some big game for it and Pokemon is not gonna put that on hold because of a Tencent MOBA.

I find it interesting the UK upload is over 10 to 1, but the rest are closer to 2 to 1.

However it doesn't look like it'll "surpass" the Kalos league finale's getting close to a 50 to 1 dislike to like ratio before it was taken down. So there's that.

Which would be funny to me because I said out loud "this looks like one of those unofficial pokemon game apps".
I saw an ad for this some time ago and grabbed a screencap. I never thought it would be useful, though.
ScaleIssues.PNG

Pokemon has a lot of Chinese fans and I appreciate them since the Chinese editions (the dub, TGC, games, etc.) are amazing and well done.

Last edited:
Tencent might want the full focus on Unite in 2021, not wanting a main series game to overshadow it.

It would be presumably over a year old when another mainline Pokemon game released. Even if giving the Tencent game time was a concern that wouldn't be a factor at that point.

I've never seen a dislike ratio that high honnestly. My god 40k Like for 61K dislike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom