• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

June 24th Pokemon Presents Discussion

What do you think the new project will be?

• Sinnoh Remakes

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Let's Go Johto

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Something else

Votes: 29 55.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phosphene

Formerly SpinyShell
Reaction score
Last Wednesday, there was presentation revealing some information about upcoming projects in Pokémon, such as Pokémon Smile and New Pokémon Snap. Along with these titles, it was revealed that a new project will be revealed on Pokémon Presents next week on June 24th, three days from now. There's been some speculation about what this project will be on the forums, such as Sinnoh remakes or Let's Go Johto, however to my knowledge there isn't a dedicated speculation thread so I decided to make one.

So, what do you think this presentation will reveal?

Edit: The presentation will occur occur at 6am PST. Here's a time zone converter if you need it.

Edit 2: The new project is Pokémon Unite, a MOBA game developed by Tencent. Trailer is here.

Last edited:
A part of me of says that it's the sinnoh remakes for many reasons most of which are obvious, then there are many hints going for Let's go johto, but it's seems like thet'd be better off without revealing new mainline games ,but that wouldn't be a big project.

So it's clear Disney is buying gamefreak, and maybe the whole franchise since they probably can afford it sothey can finally rule the world. What would a game with the MC as a princess be called?

Jokes aside, I'm more convinced that they'll reveal Sinnoh remakes ,which is great! Because I might not be able to afford buying a game next year, not kidding, though I might try saving for it if this happens:

It would be great if they were sequels,where they find that an eternamax form pokemon is what sinnoh is built on ,like how the norse gods beat up the jötunns ,and Ymir, the snow giant father of the jotunns(like how one of the few things sinnoh has done right is creating the amazing luxray to show cold the region) had his eyebrows used to create midgard (Earth), plus the plates do confirm the existence of giants in the pokémon world and that the Original One beat them up, and this would make the clearly superior in every way gen 6 legendaries more relevant to the plot. And it means awakening will shatter the useless maze that fills a fifth of the already boring region also known as mt.Coronet creating a wild area, or even better yet, destroy the whole region so we'll never see it again.

I've said it before, but I can't see this being some kind of mobile game. I'm certain the reason this big project was not shown during the last Pokemon Presents is that it would have overshadowed the announcements they had last Wednesday. I don't think a mobile game would overshadow something like New Pokemon Snap. It could be something completely different, but I have two theories.

Let's Go Johto might be possible. While they've said they don't have immediate plans, you never know. Oddly, there was a lot of Johto Pokemon on display during the last Pokemon Presents, including the starters, Eeveelutions, and Legendaries. The thing that struck me as odd was the placement of Eevee, Espeon, and Umbreon. They were obscuring a Pokemon Switch with Let's Go Eevee bundle. Why?

The other thing is I can see a Sinnoh remake being announced for 2021. 2021 is their 25th anniversary and this could be part of their plans to celebrate. I can see them annoucing another spin off for 2020 with Sinnoh remakes revealed at the end.

Last edited:
Honestly, it could be a Sinnoh remake, next year is DP's 15th Anniversary. Gen 4 was a big change to the franchise, so it makes sense why they would want to celebrate its 15th Anniversary. In terms of when they could release, I'm betting either late October or the middle of November, basically when there's nothing else going on at the moment so those initial sales can get a head start.

Remakes are a bold option.

But I'm going for that one.

They're usually revealed early in the year and released a few months later, but this big solo-announcement is kind of odd. So, they could be doing it differently this time.

Johto now, Sinnoh later.

Those numerous Gen 2 plushies weren’t put there by accident. They don’t pick them out of a bag or anything, they’re going to have set designers to get the room ready for the presentation. So I do think those were deliberate, and it’s conspicuous that none of the announcements in the first video had anything to do with Johto Pokémon.

And like I said in the other thread, LGPE sold very well. They’d hit 10 million copies by December 2018, and managed to rack up another 2 million in the year after that. There are plenty of people who clearly enjoyed that style of Pokémon game, and I think it’s probably about time for a formal update on how they plan to move forward with that whole idea, especially since GO, the conceptual progenitor of LGPE, remains a gargantuan moneymaker in its own right.

And while it’s not the most compelling evidence ever, I do think it’s worth noting that a 2021 release would align with Sabrina’s statement in LGPE that she would face another tough Trainer in three years’ time.

I don’t, however, think that the continuation of Let’s Go-style games will supplant the production of traditional remakes. I think those probably take longer to develop than the more low-ball Let’s Go games, especially if they want potential DP remakes to share the same graphical fidelity as SWSH. So to me it makes sense that they’d want to put a Let’s Go sequel in 2021 while working on bigger, more ambitious DP remakes for 2022 (or 2023 heaven forbid, but who knows how coronavirus has affected their plans).

Never assume they aren’t willing to go for a curveball, but that’s how I think things are likely to play out right now. The Galar region is getting its upgrade treatment this year. So I don’t think there will be another Galar game, but I do think we will probably have another (proper - Let’s Go may be “main series,” but they do not maintain any sense of generational continuity) Gen 8 game, and DP remakes just make sense for that role. But again, I imagine that Let’s Go sequels would be easier to crank out in the meantime while development is underway on Sinnoh (and Gen 9).

Voted for something else.

Repost from another thread:

I kinda have a feeling that the announcement for next week will be DLCs. Not announcing them last week makes sense cause that would distract from IoA which is what they're trying to sell. By announcing that there would be new DLCs, it might also incentivise further sales of the current expansion pass as it shows that they are in fact planning big things for SwSh through DLCs. After all, there are fans like myself that are still waiting for more information of Crown Tundra before buying the current expansion pass. This is definitely something that they would still have to promote in the months to come. If the new DLCs promise something big, it might even get people who doubted the base games to buy the base game for the DLCs so yea.

Alternatively, it might be free patches to bring what was in IoA (particularly following pokemon) into the main game. They probably didn't want to announce it last week so as to avoid spoiling IoA since that was like the big surprise with that game.

Either that or its just something to do with following Pokemon just because they didn't want to spoil following Pokemon. >.< IDK

All the Johto plushes, the Let's Go games and the gold and silver (sandshrew?) figures from last week's presentation seem to hint at Let's Go Johto. I want Sinnoh remakes someday, but I have no rush at this point. Whatever they announce, this Wednesday I'll probably be like this during the direct:

0f25ee2d869ef533343ffaed0b830712.jpg

The thing I’m really struggling with is the separate presentation for something else just one week after the last that included two mobile games, a spin off, some recap on the IoA DLC and Pokémon Go info...

to merit a separate presentation feels like it should be something big so either a new main line game - which would most likely be Let’s Go Johto or Gen IV remakes. There’s certainly evidence for both.

I wouldn’t completely count out a new mobile game, but if it is that it would need to be something on the scale of Go to warrant a separate presentation.

It’s possible that it could be additional DLC for Sword/Shield but the wording on the presentation make this seem less likely to me personally.

as a massive outside shot (and a lot of wishful thinking on my part) it could be some kind Pokémon virtual console collection for the switch with all the GB/GBC/GBA/N64/GameCube games (main and spin off) on with Home compatibility where appropriate.......

ok so that last one is very much a wish list item rather than genuine speculation, but it would be amazing if it was the case :p

I voted for ‘something else’

I reaaaaallly want it to be Sinnoh remakes... but I don’t know, I just don’t feel it.

I’m surprised no one is bringing up Pokémon Sleep? Yes, for probably the majority of people it would be a huge anticlimax and I know a lot of people are arguing that it wouldn’t warrant a ‘big announcement’, ‘major announcement’... whatever the exact wording was.

but I guess my question is, what else were they gonna say...? “Hey guys, tune in next week for a mediocre announcement. Get excited!”

trust me, I really hope I’m wrong. But my gut is telling me it’s the announcement of Sleep’s imminent release and lots of details on exactly how it’s going to work.

I think most people aren’t thinking of Pokémon Sleep because there isn’t any obvious logical reason to split it from last weeks presentation. It is a possibility but seems like it would need something massive involved with the game that warrants a separate presentation.i It could just be that it’ll launch after the presentation this week but still seems a little underwhelming if that is the case.

I just want my complete Pokédex.

So, anything like D/P remakes, more DLC, or content patches is a big yes-yes for me.

So, in looking around for what it could be, I noticed a few things.
For one, TCPi and Tencent had agreed to collaborate on a new Pokemon-related title.
Tencent also happens to be holding a press conference on the 27th, just three days after GameFreak's announcement, for their projects.
Serebii also admitted to thinking that the announcement might be the collab.
Now, it could be a mobile title, but from what I've heard, it could also be on console. I, sadly, haven't been able to find proof of that.
Of course, it could be that the announcement might involve more than one title, but there isn't much one way or the other at this point.

I know, what about a Pokkén Tournament or DX sequel? This might be a new project announced for these news on this Wednesday. You think?

So, in looking around for what it could be, I noticed a few things.
For one, TCPi and Tencent had agreed to collaborate on a new Pokemon-related title.
Tencent also happens to be holding a press conference on the 27th, just three days after GameFreak's announcement, for their projects.
Serebii also admitted to thinking that the announcement might be the collab.
Now, it could be a mobile title, but from what I've heard, it could also be on console. I, sadly, haven't been able to find proof of that.
Of course, it could be that the announcement might involve more than one title, but there isn't much one way or the other at this point.
Is Tencent not China-exclusive?
Anyway, I'm preparing myself for a major disappointment.

Mobile gaming is the scourge of gaming culture.

Is Tencent not China-exclusive?
Anyway, I'm preparing myself for a major disappointment.

Mobile gaming is the scourge of gaming culture.
That's what had me confused for a minute when I kept hearing about the Tencent game. The first announcements made it out to be that the game was exclusive for China.
Maybe they changed their minds? They could have seen potential for the Tencent game making waves in the West. Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised if they mention the Tencent game at some point this week.
Alternatively, the Wednesday announcement is something separate from the Saturday announcement, and they just wanted to make noise about all of the Pokemon titles announced within the last two weeks. PR stunt and whatnot.

That's what had me confused for a minute when I kept hearing about the Tencent game. The first announcements made it out to be that the game was exclusive for China.
Maybe they changed their minds? They could have seen potential for the Tencent game making waves in the West. Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised if they mention the Tencent game at some point this week.
Alternatively, the Wednesday announcement is something separate from the Saturday announcement, and they just wanted to make noise about all of the Pokemon titles announced within the last two weeks. PR stunt and whatnot.
Mobile games would've been revealed last week, hopefully. Their impact, besides Go, is minimal. The upcoming reveal seems to be more "hyped" and catered towards a bigger audience.

But I've been disappointed before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom