• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

June 24th Pokemon Presents Discussion

What do you think the new project will be?

• Sinnoh Remakes

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Let's Go Johto

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Something else

Votes: 29 55.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
11 minutes of nothing. I noted the jump in downvotes during the stream. It's safe to assume that we were victims of a ratings bait.

EDIT: Facebook comments are overwhelming negative. Mainly for the bait and switch ratings stunt.

Last edited:
It was even worst than the worst case scenario, im more than disapointed. Im more interested in café mix than that shit they showed us. It's almost an insult, 11 minutes that. Men it was their worst joke ever.

Yeah this is a nah for me. I'm not that big of a fan of these types of games. I don't think they handled the reveal of this all that well. Sure it's big because of its collaboration with Tencent, but I think it would have been better if they announced it last week, and then just did a presentation this week on how it works in stuff. It could have had its own time to shine, and keeping many fans from getting their hopes too high.

I'm also just personally wishing they did that so then I could have actually slept. Welp, I'm gonna go play more Cafe Mix and sleep.

Oh well, at least we have the Crown Tundra coming later this year, so at least there is something main series game coming.

No joke.

At this point, I'd outright welcome something like the Sirfetch'd reveal over... uh, League of Legends but with Kanto Pokemon (feat. Furrybait and Smogonbird) (PS I never played MOBAs so I don't know and don't care either way lol)

Cuz at least that contained a Pokemon that got my interest.

Just saw it (it's on late here, at 23:00 AEST), and anyone think that Pokemon Unite will bomb? We need to acknowledge that even though we saw a battle, the footage is not actually final and is still in development. But I think it will fail as not many people here are fans of this format. But I don't think we should be scared of trying something new though.

There will definitely be no main series game next year. Tencent wouldn't want their game overshadowed by a main series game.

I think Pokemon Unite would have a better reception if it was shown alongside the games in last week's trailer. Just watched the stream and I'm also disappointed that such a large announcement was given to a fairly ordinary mobile game. "Big project" should really only be reserved for main series games or similar titles...

Just what I always wanted.

A generic, cheap looking MOBA that looks and plays no different from any of the other generic MOBA’s out there.

I was honestly expecting it to just be usual mobile fluff but even this announcement has me like “Nope!”.

Also I love they revealed this a day after Nintendo announced they’re no longer making mobile games too.

and keeping many fans from getting their hopes too high.

What the super-fans do with their hopes is really their own problem. TPC never promised anything other than "a project they were working on," with no stated involvement from Game Freak or anything, and individuals have every capability of not reading into it or projecting their own hopes onto an announcement of an announcement. It is possible to just wait and see. Even when I was leaning toward this being Johto, I didn't assume that's what it was going to be, so I wouldn't have been surprised if it wasn't.

I've got little interest in this game, but I suspect it has a solid chance of doing well with the more general audience (which is the bigger one, anyway), plus it has access to the Chinese market and it available on both mobile and Switch which opens it up to players who might be a little turned off by the mobile aspect. According to Serebii, it's also going to become one of the platforms at the World Championships. So I imagine TPC expect it to be quite popular as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom