• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

June 24th Pokemon Presents Discussion

What do you think the new project will be?

• Sinnoh Remakes

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Let's Go Johto

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Something else

Votes: 29 55.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will probably sell, anyway.

At least in China.

Not to my tastes, though. I also don't think it will have an impact on the main series in any way.

What do you mean, it'll "sell?" It's "free to play" :p

Seriously though, I definitely agree that this is TPCi trying to gain a foothold in the Chinese market.

Posting this strictly for observatory purposes.

The U.S. Pokemon channel posted the video twice and got hammered both times in the like/dislike ratio.

The Japanese Pokemon channel left up both the "presentation" video and posted the "unite" video as it's own separate thing. However, despite there being many thousands of either views, or comments, showing, the like/dislike ratio is not showing. Did they turn it off?

Hmmm........

Attachments

• Unite.JPG
    Unite.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Unite2.JPG
    Unite2.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 56
Posting this strictly for observatory purposes.

The U.S. Pokemon channel posted the video twice and got hammered both times in the like/dislike ratio.

The Japanese Pokemon channel left up both the "presentation" video and posted the "unite" video as it's own separate thing. However, despite there being many thousands of either views, or comments, showing, the like/dislike ratio is not showing. Did they turn it off?

Hmmm........

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the Japanese channel usually disables or obscures likes/dislikes. You see the same thing on all their other videos.

Besides, aside from the obvious failure of the SWSH E3 presentation's like/dislike ratio to foretell anything about those games' performance, the other thing is that people will cool down after today. There's not even a Dexit-like controversy here to sustain the outrage. The only reason the dislikes are so high is because people are just mad that they didn't get DP remakes, but they'll eventually move on, and more positive press for Unite will come out closer to its release which will show off more facets of the game and get more people interested.

Last edited:
I just came to say a part of me was expecting this but I was still surprised (and not in a good way) about this. I guess they really want to enter that Chinese mobile game market.

Also, incidentally, I’ve seen just as much positive reviews for the DLC as negative post-release.
Kind of a flawed logic, don't you think so? I mean my original post never indicated that the DLCs are horrible or hated by fans. Otherwise they would not even have sold. I only pointed out the countless youtube videos/facebook posts regarding how horribly the features are being mocked. As videos can be found, I won't go and list them all but following pokémon like Charizard/Wailord, these stairs, Wailord's trainer-following size, and all the other "funny" results could have been fixed easily with more proper work.

They did a great job.
That is also debatable, and not really logical to come to this conclusion after claiming "positive and negative reviews are equal". But that's just me. I would only be happy if my post wasn't taken out of context this badly.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the Japanese channel usually disables or obscures likes/dislikes. You see the same thing on all their other videos.

Besides, aside from the obvious failure of the SWSH E3 presentation's like/dislike ratio to foretell anything about those games' performance, the other thing is that people will cool down after today. There's not even a Dexit-like controversy here to sustain the outrage. The only reason the dislikes are so high is because people are just mad that they didn't get DP remakes, but they'll eventually move on, and more positive press for Unite will come out closer to its release which will show more facets of the game and get more people interested.

Okay, thanks for the info. I didn't realize it was the norm for them to leave the like/dislike ratio turned off.

Chinese people probably really like it. Mobile gaming is more of a thing there.
And China has an absolutely massive population. For comparison, the country’s population is greater than the population of both North and South America combined (1.4 billion people vs 964 million people according to Wikipedia). That’s a lot of potential customers.

The German pokemon channel disabled the like/dislike buttons too

EDIT:The French channel too. At this point every channel

Last edited:
I'm more torn over the reactions. This really wasn't what the community needed. On one hand I get it, I'm not thrilled about it and they definitely should not have dedicated a whole 11 minute presentation to it. On the other hand, all the negativity and insults I've seen thrown around over it is so unnecessary and not helpful. I'm more depressed over all the fighting breaking out over it than the game itself, not that I really expected anything different.
For a lot of people this is just the straw that broke the camel's back. TPC have made some very poor/longterm-fan-unfriendly decisions these past few years and their frequent missteps have been getting harder and harder to ignore. Telling people they had a big project to announce in a week's time only for it to turn out to be an 11 minute video of incredibly tedious mobile gaming revealing yet another (not necessarily for Pokémon but the gaming market in general) microtransaction-riddled pay-to-win multiplayer-only clone of seemingly every other mobile game ever except with more Gen 1 was a Hitmonlee-level kick in the gut. People are finally starting to face up to the realisation that the franchise they grew up with is dead, replaced by just another mobile gaming company and I can tell you that it hurts.

I'm not mad at them, I'm past that point now, but I genuinely understand why so many people are.

People are finally starting to face up to the realisation that the franchise they grew up with is dead, replaced by just another mobile gaming company and I can tell you that it hurts.
With the positive reaction to New Pokémon Snap, and the fact that the SwSh expansions are addressing major complaints, especially Dexit, it would be an exaggeration to call this series "dead". Poor marketing is a concern, yes, but note that half of the newly announced games are on the Switch.

Kind of a flawed logic, don't you think so? I mean my original post never indicated that the DLCs are horrible or hated by fans. Otherwise they would not even have sold. I only pointed out the countless youtube videos/facebook posts regarding how horribly the features are being mocked. As videos can be found, I won't go and list them all but following pokémon like Charizard/Wailord, these stairs, Wailord's trainer-following size, and all the other "funny" results could have been fixed easily with more proper work.
I’m not exactly sure what point you are trying to make. No matter how much effort they put in, there would be plenty of vids mocking some aspects of it. It’s just the subjective nature. My point was that despite the jokes and memes and issues, the DLC was still well-received by many people.
That is also debatable, and not really logical to come to this conclusion after claiming "positive and negative reviews are equal". But that's just me. I would only be happy if my post wasn't taken out of context this badly.
I think you’re reading too much into it. All I did was state my opinion. It’s logical to come to that conclusion because...that’s what my opinion is. I never claimed that "positive and negative reviews are equal,” just pointed out that they both exist.

Anyway, this is hardly a conversation for this thread. There’s the Expansion Pass Thread if you want to discuss further.

Besides, aside from the obvious failure of the SWSH E3 presentation's like/dislike ratio to foretell anything about those games' performance, the other thing is that people will cool down after today. There's not even a Dexit-like controversy here to sustain the outrage. The only reason the dislikes are so high is because people are just mad that they didn't get DP remakes, but they'll eventually move on, and more positive press for Unite will come out closer to its release which will show off more facets of the game and get more people interested.
Not sure that's all too comparable. The reveal video of Sw/Sh didn't have that many dislikes, they came for the E3 presentation. If not for that feature (or lack of, technically) there would have been a lot less hate for Sword & Shield because they weren't hated for what they are right when they got announced. (I'd say that's also why they sold pretty well anyway, Dexit bothered people but it's still a mainline game that pretty much offers what you'd reasonably expect out of a mainline Pokémon game.)
I say that as someone who still isn't all too happy about Dexit but, well, got used to it.

Unite gets all the hate and dislike right off the bat - not only because the announcement wasn't what people wanted but rather because Pokémon-League-of-Legends is what they absolutely don't want. No matter the exact features, roster, price of microtransactions, and whatever else, people give the whole game a hard no.

Some will still download it, for sure, and try it. Some will even pay for new Pokémon or whatever it'll let you buy.

But fact is, people aren't too happy about this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom