• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Junichi Masuda reveals information on N: Game Freak director gains attention of fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Junichi Masuda reveals information on N: Game Freak director gains attention of fans once again

Following his recent attention-grabbing post on Twitter, Game Freak director Junichi Masuda has gained the attention of fans worldwide for the second time this week by revealing on his Japanese blog yesterday some information on a Pokémon Black and White character filled with mysteries: N.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Junichi Masuda reveals information on N: Game Freak director gains attention of f

Well, that had a few nice twists in there...

Re: Junichi Masuda reveals information on N: Game Freak director gains attention of f

N seems to be more mysterious and remarkable than the Unova legendaries, although Black and White barely elaborate upon his characteristics. The rumor about his parents being Pokémon is what intrigues me most.

N seems to be more mysterious and remarkable than the Unova legendaries, although Black and White barely elaborate upon his characteristics. The rumor about his parents being Pokémon is what intrigues me most.

I see a marriage between a Mankey and a Pansage there...

They would only be half right. N was raised by pokemon, but they aren't his real parents unless Ghetsis performed some perverse science on them. It is interesting to know what his real name is, although it probably means they never intended on telling us.

I see a marriage between a Mankey and a Pansage there...
Primeape: The rage N gets.
Simisage: The "mouth open" monkey that talks too much.

PERFECTION

N's real father is Meloetta, and Ghetsis is his mother. (The child takes the species from the mother.)

wow so N actually might be a pokemon himself. and also why would he give info about this. I know - they are working on pokemon Grey

so his name is Natural? I can see a lot of humourous exchanges going down.

"Nice hat you got there guy."
"It's Natural"
"The hat?"
"What about it?"
"How can a hat be natural?"
"It can't. Only I can be Natural."
"Are you saying I'm fake?"
"What are you talking about?"
"You just said I couldn't be Natural."
"It would be confusing if you were."

"Natural Harmonia Gropius."
"Harmonia Gropius."
"Gropius."
"Gropius."
._____.
I always knew N was a rapist.

wow so N actually might be a pokemon himself. and also why would he give info about this. I know - they are working on pokemon Grey

I think we should tell this to the people who are arguing about the R/S remakes in the Masuda Twitter thread... seriously, if you think about it. He tweets about "wanting to make better games" and then starts talking about N only a few days later, who will more than likely get his story expanded in the 3rd version.

"Natural Harmonia Gropius."
"Harmonia Gropius."
"Gropius."
"Gropius."
._____.
I always knew N was a rapist.

Pervert.:XD2:

I think we should tell this to the people who are arguing about the R/S remakes in the Masuda Twitter thread... seriously, if you think about it. He tweets about "wanting to make better games" and then starts talking about N only a few days later, who will more than likely get his story expanded in the 3rd version.
One has nothing to do with the other. Besides, Masuda posted this to commemorate Black and White's anniversary and to explain how he composed N's battle theme; he did this with Ghetsis, too, several weeks ago. About a year ago he said that Black and White contained hints as to N's full name. Oddly enough, it would seem that he expected us to figure out the name by now. If to be fair, "Natural" wasn't too hard to guess and "Harmonia" was a given.

Game Freak don't tell their fans about future games; they never have, and there is little reason why they should start now. Will the next game expand N's story and explain some of his characteristics? Probably, but if they were huge plot elements Masuda wouldn't be talking about them just yet.

Last edited:

His parents were Pokemon? Why doesn't anyone find this completely disturbing? O_O

I have a theory N is a pokemon yet transformed into a human by some Ghetsis DNA, an impossible transformation machine and a very sick and twisted mind.

"With his high IQ, N exceeds humans."

So he's not human?

...Okay, that actually makes sense. N is a genetic experiment created in the same lab that Genesect was created in. Ghetsis's DNA was combined with the DNA of a Pokemon (which one is questionable, possibly even more than one), and Ghetsis used this and N's upbringing to mold him into a tool to help him take over the world. :/ But that didn't pan out, obviously.

"With his high IQ, N exceeds humans."

So he's not human?
A crossbreed between Ghetsis and an Alakazam?

Anyways, sounds interesting, though I wonder what provoked him to do this. He already had the community's ears with that R/S comment, so why this all of a sudden?

A crossbreed between Ghetsis and an Alakazam?

Anyways, sounds interesting, though I wonder what provoked him to do this. He already had the community's ears with that R/S comment, so why this all of a sudden?

Actually, if you listen to N's theme and Meloetta's theme, it's kind of scary how similar they are.

N's Theme

Meloetta's Theme

Now, math and music are very closely integrated, which Masuda obviously employs when writing N's themes, according to his blog. [link]

The question is, how are N and Meloetta related?

Last edited:

His parents were Pokemon? Why doesn't anyone find this completely disturbing? O_O

It's RUMORED that his parents were Pokemon. o_o; It is a disturbing thought though.

I knew N was a Zoroark. It would explain the slight color changes between him and Ghetsis (since Ghetsis is "behind" Team Plasma and Zoroark copies whatever's at the back of the team).

I was also pretty sure N was from a mathematical term, especially since Masuda's remix of his final battle theme is "N^n Mix"

On a more important note, however: his last name is Gropius.

The fangirl inside me...doesn't know whether to be excited, or to shrivel up and die.

Actually, the proper translation is that N believes that he was born from Pokémon, since his parents are unknown. So when you come to think of it, this probably doesn't mean anything about his real parents.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom