• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Junichi Masuda to make announcement on 'Pokémon Smash!' Sept. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has been Masuda's involvement in the Stadium/Colo/Revolution series? The game could be the Gen V equivalent..>.>
Masuda composed music for Stadium and Stadium 2 and was involved in game design that contributed to XD, although he didn't officially serve as a designer.

Masuda composed music for Stadium and Stadium 2 and was involved in game design that contributed to XD, although he didn't officially serve as a designer.

Thank you.

So it could be possible, though most likely unlikely the game is the Gen V equivalent.

Really I'd say we have a 60-70% chance of a new game being announced.

A Mewtwo event will of course be pretty awesome BUT for Masuda to be there announcing it, it's gonna have to be a little bit bigger then that. And that seems to be the fact getting lost here slightly. xD No doubt Mewtwo will unlock something in another new main series game, be it Grey like a lot of us think it will be.

Another spin off I can't really see being announced as Rumble was only just released a month or so back.

Really I'd say we have a 60-70% chance of a new game being announced.

A Mewtwo event will of course be pretty awesome BUT for Masuda to be there announcing it, it's gonna have to be a little bit bigger then that. And that seems to be the fact getting lost here slightly. xD No doubt Mewtwo will unlock something in another new main series game, be it Grey like a lot of us think it will be.

Another spin off I can't really see being announced as Rumble was only just released a month or so back.

Gamefreak doesn't make the side games... So if Masuda has anything to do with a game being revealed it will be a main game... and if you think about it i fMasuda is involved it has a high chance of being a R/S remake since he designed Hoenn right?

I don't know about Mewtwo. Was I the only one on BMGf who bought Guardian Signs? It got its star in a game there...

Now that I think about it, they could announce not only the 3rd game in the B/W series, but a 4th identical game for the 3ds. It would be like the other 3rd versions, only with 3D and other different add-ons...

Nope. Not gonna happen. I'll give it a 0.1% chance of announcing that, and now I'm being generous.

I don't know about Mewtwo. Was I the only one on BMGf who bought Guardian Signs? It got its star in a game there...

Now that I think about it, they could announce not only the 3rd game in the B/W series, but a 4th identical game for the 3ds. It would be like the other 3rd versions, only with 3D and other different add-ons...

Nope. Not gonna happen. I'll give it a 0.1% chance of announcing that, and now I'm being generous.

Haha, you posted that twice.

EDIT: I got a warning for this, so i will extend it.

Anyways, I wonder if the new announcement is Pokemon Gray or Pokemon RS Remakes. That'll be great. (Even though I already have Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, i'd still get it)

Last edited:
What I'm wondering is why some people here are saying that this announcement won't include a new game. All the articles on this have the word "game" plastered all over the place. Not to mention that TPCi had announced recently that a new game is coming out later this year, so I don't see where the problem is.:-/

Also, what's happening on Tuesday, besides a *possible* early leak of CoroCoro like the usual?

I'd actually put my money on it alluding to a main series game for the 3DS (RSE remakes, Grey, whatever). Looking at it from Nintendo's standpoint, Pokemon is probably the number one thing that drives their hand-held market, and looking at how they're having trouble with the 3DS, I bet they're looking for Pokemon to boost its sales.

Also, what's happening on Tuesday, besides a *possible* early leak of CoroCoro like the usual?

There's a 3DS conference thing.

And there's a "leak" floating around some lesser forums at the moment..

If there were no way to trade to a 3DS from a DS (there is actually nothing special about DS-3DS communication), there would be little to no point in releasing any Generation V game for the 3DS. Compatibility is a rather big deal in the context of same-generation games.

Which is why they may not be a third version for that reason, not to mention Masuda being more interested in the Vita.

Which is why they may not be a third version for that reason, not to mention Masuda being more interested in the Vita.

The 3DS and DS connect just fine... why are people worried over nothing? And of course their'll e a 3rd Version but I strongly believe that they might announce R/S 3DS think about it... Masuda was directly invovled with designing Hoenn which is based of Kyushu which is where his familt went for vacation... so who else announce them the Masuda himself?

The 3DS and DS connect just fine... why are people worried over nothing? And of course their'll e a 3rd Version but I strongly believe that they might announce R/S 3DS think about it... Masuda was directly invovled with designing Hoenn which is based of Kyushu which is where his familt went for vacation... so who else announce them the Masuda himself?

Because the 3DS is an entirely different system, and it may be similar to how you couldn't transfer your Pokemon from your GB/GBC to your GBA.

Because the 3DS is an entirely different system, and it may be similar to how you couldn't transfer your Pokemon from your GB/GBC to your GBA.

It's nothing like the GBA/GBC thing... The 3DS is perfecly cabable of connecting with the DS modles The only way trhey won't be able to communicate is lazyness on GF's part. plus it's completly backwards compatible

It's nothing like the GBA/GBC thing... The 3DS is perfecly cabable of connecting with the DS modles The only way trhey won't be able to communicate is lazyness on GF's part. plus it's completly backwards compatible

So was the GBA, but even if they do make a third version for the 3DS, it'll be inferior in terms of features as Masuda will not be involved in it due to his interest in the Vita.

So was the GBA, but even if they do make a third version for the 3DS, it'll be inferior in terms of features as Masuda will not be involved in it due to his interest in the Vita.

What the hell is a Vita? and Masuda is a major director for Pokemon even if his intrests are elsewhere he will put his focos in the games plus if the R/S remakes are announced we should worry because remakes are easy to do

Plus there was a reason Gen III wasn't compatable with Gen I and II. Gen III completly overhauled the data of the game.. something they won't do in the middle of a Gen

A few things:

1. Masuda's interest in the Vita does not mean that he will not be involved in future Pokemon games, just that he's impressed with the Vita

2. Masuda's idea of shaking up our conceptions of Pokemon was allowing trades outside of the Pokémon centre, and he openly admits that "being on a different system" is sufficient enough a change, and the only reason BW stands out is because they were finally forced to actually use the DS to its fullest potential.

So really, if Masuda were to not be involved, it may be a blessing in disguise--that is if someone more creative were at work. Really, I think his only interest in the Vita is that unlike the 3DS which inherently demands 3D graphics, the Vita does not, so he can keep with his traditional 2D sprites because he finds them more artistic as if games in 3D haven't been artistically rendered as well (rather than just being photorealistic).
I think you completely missed Silktree's point. There is nothing unique about DS-3DS communication. Black and White can communicate between DS and 3DS already. The only reason for a lack of connection, and a lack of Poketransfer, is Game Freak's laziness.

Last edited:
A few things:

1. Masuda's interest in the Vita does not mean that he will not be involved in future Pokemon games, just that he's impressed with the Vita

2. Masuda's idea of shaking up our conceptions of Pokemon was allowing trades outside of the Pokémon centre, and he openly admits that "being on a different system" is sufficient enough a change, and the only reason BW stands out is because they were finally forced to actually use the DS to its fullest potential.

So really, if Masuda were to not be involved, it may be a blessing in disguise--that is if someone more creative were at work. Really, I think his only interest in the Vita is that unlike the 3DS which inherently demands 3D graphics, the Vita does not, so he can keep with his traditional 2D sprites because he finds them more artistic as if games in 3D haven't been artistically rendered as well (rather than just being photorealistic). I think you completely missed Silktree's point. There is nothing unique about DS-3DS communication. Black and White can communicate between DS and 3DS already. The only reason for a lack of connection, and a lack of Poketransfer, is Game Freak's laziness.

Eh who knows Maybe he's just screwing with us though...? Game Freak has proven over and over again they make great game...

Eh who knows Maybe he's just screwing with us though...? Game Freak has proven over and over again they make great game...
No, they've proven over and over that they can make the same game, and that single game formula just happens to be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom