• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Junichi Masuda's information about N

It would be a little strange if N were really a Zoroark, considering he has one in his party.

I still think that N and Ghetsis both have something to do with Meloetta.

He did mention that N believed his parents were Pokémon. If that was true, it could explain how he can communicate with Pokémon and talk to them.
So N believes his parents are Pokemon.

Ghetsis has lied to N all his life and basically shaped N's view of the world.

I really don't see how this is a case outside anything than "Ghetsis lied to him". After all, its easier to make an individual reject humans if he does not view himself as one.

I believe that in the Pokemon World, everyone has the ability to understand Pokemon to an extent. Trainers are able to communicate with their Pokemon. N, with his life being only surrounded by Pokemon managed to develop his powers to the extent that they are. I really don't see N's ability to talk to Pokemon as an anomaly, more to the extent that he is able to do so. He's also supposed to have an exceptionally high IQ. Perhaps its an indication of N's own exceptional innate skills?

So N believes his parents are Pokemon.

Ghetsis has lied to N all his life and basically shaped N's view of the world.

I really don't see how this is a case outside anything than "Ghetsis lied to him". After all, its easier to make an individual reject humans if he does not view himself as one.

But that's what N believes. There is no indication that Ghetsis lied to him about that. And the list makes it sound as a fact.

N surpasses humans. His IQ is oddly high.
Excels at mathematics enough to be called the magician of maths. A genius.
Quick-witted. Violent mood swings.
Can see into people's past and future.
Believes he was born from Pokemon. (Parents unknown)
Full of love for Pokemon, yet keeps his distance from humans.

Believes himself to be perfection.
Puts Pokemon before all else.
Since he is distant from humans, he is feared by humans.
Because of this, he has an unusually close connection with Pokemon.

It comes accompanied by things that are presented as facts, and it's not possible that Ghetsis lied to N about these things, so it seems plausible that N comes from Pokémon.

But that's what N believes. There is no indication that Ghetsis lied to him about that. And the list makes it sound as a fact.
Yeah, the list makes the claim that N believes he was born from Pokémon as fact, not that N is born from Pokemon. The ability to see into the past and future is under the more general ability of Psychic powers, which many individuals have shown to have variations of. Sabrina specifically talks of how she had visions of the main character in GSC/HgSs. The power is hardly unique to Pokemon in the Pokemon world.

Now the line under that, N being full of love for Pokemon and keeping himself at a distance from humans is a direct result of Ghetsis' manipulation as evident by Concordia's dialogue:

"I am Concordia. I give peace and comfort to N. N has been separated from people since he was young. He was brought up with Pokémon... Pokémon that were betrayed, mistreated and hurt by bad people... Ghetsis deliberately brought only those poor Pokémon closer to N. N was touched by their plight, and started pursuing idealsB/the truthW, thinking only of Pokémon. N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."

So yes, the comment that N believes he is born of Pokemon is in context of comments presented as facts, so it is reasonable to assume that comment is a fact as well. That I am not arguing. However, to say that N is born of Pokemon because N believes it so is fact is going beyond reasonable interpretation of that context, and ignores the greater context in which N's beliefs were formulated and manipulated by Ghetsis.

Also, on a slightly unrelated note, recall how N believes he is perfection? Mirrors a line by Ghetsis:

"What?! I created Team Plasma with my own hands. I'm absolutely perfect! I AM PERFECTION! I am the perfect ruler of a perfect new world!"

It is possible Ghetsis passed on his sentiments of perfection to N as well. Combine N's distance from humans, closeness with Pokemon, the suffering he witnessed, and the belief he is perfection. Ghetsis just created a person impervious to seeing the truth. After all, if you are perfection, then what you say is truth.

This is why I think N's dragon is the dragon of truth, Reshiram shows itself to N because N wishes to discover the truth deep down, but his vision has been occluded. Zekrom sides with the protagonist because the truth is not an absolute in either direction (that ALL Pokemon are better with people) but would fight for the ideal that humans and Pokemon could get along--something that can only be accomplished if they are not separated.

Going back to the original point I was discussing with @Kyuujux, N also believes himself to be perfection. That line is in the block of text presented as fact. It also does not make the statement true, and by virtue of losing to the player, and his entire character development (that his views of the world was flawed; hardly something a perfect being would have) does not mean that his beliefs are fact. That's the difference here.

In short, there are facts, and there are beliefs. Sometimes there are facts that people believe something. It does not mean what those people believe are facts, it is only a fact that they believe it.

Last edited:
Math genius? I've always thought that N was a bit too similar to Sho Minamimoto from TWEWY and this confirms this idea further.

Yeah, the list makes the claim that N believes he was born from Pokémon as fact, not that N is born from Pokemon. The ability to see into the past and future is under the more general ability of Psychic powers, which many individuals have shown to have variations of. Sabrina specifically talks of how she had visions of the main character in GSC/HgSs. The power is hardly unique to Pokemon in the Pokemon world.

Now the line under that, N being full of love for Pokemon and keeping himself at a distance from humans is a direct result of Ghetsis' manipulation as evident by Concordia's dialogue:

So yes, the comment that N believes he is born of Pokemon is in context of comments presented as facts, so it is reasonable to assume that comment is a fact as well. That I am not arguing. However, to say that N is born of Pokemon because N believes it so is fact is going beyond reasonable interpretation of that context, and ignores the greater context in which N's beliefs were formulated and manipulated by Ghetsis.

Also, on a slightly unrelated note, recall how N believes he is perfection? Mirrors a line by Ghetsis:

It is possible Ghetsis passed on his sentiments of perfection to N as well. Combine N's distance from humans, closeness with Pokemon, the suffering he witnessed, and the belief he is perfection. Ghetsis just created a person impervious to seeing the truth. After all, if you are perfection, then what you say is truth.

This is why I think N's dragon is the dragon of truth, Reshiram shows itself to N because N wishes to discover the truth deep down, but his vision has been occluded. Zekrom sides with the protagonist because the truth is not an absolute in either direction (that ALL Pokemon are better with people) but would fight for the ideal that humans and Pokemon could get along--something that can only be accomplished if they are not separated.

Going back to the original point I was discussing with @Kyuujux, N also believes himself to be perfection. That line is in the block of text presented as fact. It also does not make the statement true, and by virtue of losing to the player, and his entire character development (that his views of the world was flawed; hardly something a perfect being would have) does not mean that his beliefs are fact. That's the difference here.

In short, there are facts, and there are beliefs. Sometimes there are facts that people believe something. It does not mean what those people believe are facts, it is only a fact that they believe it.

I think you may have misunderstood me. I was saying that N believing he came from Pokémon is a personal belief, not a lie Ghetsis told him. It might not be true, but it certainly has an interesting outlook. I said that it was plausible that N came from Pokémon, but not entirely true.

I merely used the belief that he came from Pokémon as an interpretation of what happened to the original dragon, and whether N did come from Pokémon or not, it is still a possibility that he is some form of reincarnation of the original dragon.

However, coming from Pokémon can explain how he communicates with Pokémon, while having Psychic powers do not. The closest power to being able to communicate with Pokémon would be Aura, but as far as that ability was explained, it only allowed Riley to sense a Pokémon's strength.

There are people with supernatural powers in the Pokémon world, but the only one who has been explicitly stated to be able to talk to Pokémon is N. His belief that his parents were Pokémon could have stemmed from the fact that he could talk to Pokémon, but it can be explained by how he spent almost his entire life in the company of Pokémon.

However, whether he came from Pokémon, or born out of Pokémon is different. And I doubt his parents were Pokémon, but I do believe that his ability to talk to them can be explained by him being the reincarnation of the original dragon, or the shell of it.

Understanding Pokemon is not an ability humans don't have. Many NPC's talk about how they understand Pokemon. N's power takes it to an extreme ability, much as Sabrina and Riley take natural human Psychic and Aura powers to an extreme, or how Chuck takes the human physical ability to the extreme.

If N believes himself to be the child of Pokemon, it would be a result of Ghetsis' manipulations. Direct or indirect, this belief likely stemmed from Ghetsis.

Well his 'parents' could have been Pokemon. I'm not talking about the 'giving birth' aspect but the whole 'being raised' part. You don't have to physically give birth to a child for them to consider you a parent(like how adopted kids can get really close to who raised them and consider them 'parents').

I'm sure Ghetsis somewhat acted like a caring parent for the most part, or else his true intentions would have been seen A LOT earlier.

The information given says N believes he was born of Pokemon, not just that his parents were Pokemon, so its not in just a metaphorical sense. We are talking about birth parents.

Yes and I am referring to whom he was raised by(besides Ghetsis). There may be select Pokemon that were particularly fond of him and vice versa.

I was just trying to say that he may refer to said Pokemon as his parents, not arguing against who his actual parents were.

Yes, but the facts given is that he believes he was born from Pokemon, not merely that his parents were, so I don't really see where the whole "He may just view Pokemon as parents metaphorically" is coming from when he believes it to be literal.

It was quite clear from the games who he's raised by. It was mentioned by Concordia that he was raised by Pokemon.

Yes, but if he takes it as literal, there may be select Pokemon that he is most fond of(the ones he probably would consider more like parents).

It was mentioned by Concordia that he was raised by Pokemon.

I'm not even sure why you had to state that, as that is purely obvious. I'm talking about specific pokemon that he would be closest to, I'm not saying he actually was born from Pokemon.

I feel like this might be information hinting at the third version. At the same time though As I look at it I keep thinking what the heck is this, such as how some of the iformation is relevent. I'm sure it will when in the game but the thing about him being good enough at math to be called a math wizard? who knows I guess.

He is a mathematical genius?

The only thing we have to show that.. well is very little.

He DOES talk abovt formula's a lot though doesnt he? He seems to find comfort in them.

The question is, where does a person living solely with Pokemon learn such complex mathematics, that he could be viewed as a math genius by today's standards? The math certainly seems irrelevant to his character, though perhaps relevant to his musical theme, which doesn't mean its a good thing. The theme should reflect the character, specifically the most important part of their character. His mathematical prowess was a side-note at best in the games, which either means Masuda devoted his theme to such a negligible character trait, or that trait was added later on to justify the music.

EDIT: Judging from Masuda's explanation of the music, he really did focus on some of the most irrelevant parts of his character--math and a questionable ability to see the past and future of individuals.

It could be said the junior Harmonia's past...

..is unnaturally logical.

In other points, Groping is the surname of a famous German architect.

The question is, where does a person living solely with Pokemon learn such complex mathematics, that he could be viewed as a math genius by today's standards? The math certainly seems irrelevant to his character, though perhaps relevant to his musical theme, which doesn't mean its a good thing.

I think that Anthea and Concordia homeschooled him. Sure, he lived with mostly Pokemon, but there are enough hints that suggest he had at least three humans in contact with him while he grew up. And the games never portray him as a feral Tarzan-like person. He wears fairly normal Poke-world fashion and speaks with normal grammar. If he were a true feral child, he would probably act and talk like a typical Pokemon/ wild animal. What I interpreted from the games was that he was simply sheltered to the extent that he never got to mature emotionally and socially.

^Agreed. Seems to have a pretty good grasp of the world. Philosophy, mathematics, clothing, pokemon, etc. To me he came off as being incredibly smart and naive at the same time, which isn't uncommon in children or people that have lived sheltered lives.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: I totally believe the theory that N was a Pokemon transformed into a human. That kind of technology was shown to exist all the way back to Generation 1, and he barely acts like he belongs to the human race.

Back
Top Bottom