• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Just Another Generic Journey [ Me, -Gray-, JakkuEbansu, Gym Leader Calvin & acs1903 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jury

throat to the stars
Reaction score
Semper made a face at the door he stood in front of, apparently feeling little more than some vague semblance of disgust at the 'journey' he was about to embark on.

"Mother, desist this childish behaviour and allow me indoors this instant," he hissed, eyes slits in his anger.

There was the sound of muffled shuffling and then an annoyingly cheerful response.

"Semper, darling, it's the experience. I know you don't want to but Professor Juniper is giving you the chance to do something incredible."

Semper snorted obnoxiously and kicked the front door of his house, before cursing in several different languages (just for variety) and leaving.

It wasn't long after he finally stopped sulking and moved away from the doorstep of his house that his father arrived, immediately jostling Semper onto the family boat and then sailing it all the way to Nuvema, where he was supposedly going to be meeting with Professor Juniper for his starter.

Sighing to himself Semper gave his father a curt wave, turning to face the door of the lab before entering.

Re: Just Another Generic Journey [ Me, -Gray-, JakkuEbansu, Gym Leader Calvin & acs19

Jakku dawdled down the path, casually sketching a nearby Pidot on a napkin.
"Almost there..."
He mused quietly.

OOC: Off until 2m. Bad timing, eh?

Re: Just Another Generic Journey [ Me, -Gray-, JakkuEbansu, Gym Leader Calvin & acs19

Camille O'Brien was currently sitting in a car being driven by her mother. She was being taken to Nuvema Town to start her journey, and it was a rather long way from Castelia City, even by car. In her hand was a Poké Ball, with a Pokémon inside. As to what Pokémon, she did not know. She had been ordered not to open the Poké Ball until she reached Nuvema Town and received her Pokédex. A backpack with basic supplies was next to her.

She wasn't sure how long it had been, but she had fallen asleep, and when her mother woke her up, she was in Nuvema Town. After a few words, her mother drove off, leaving her to walk to Professor Juniper's lab. Sighing to herself, she slung her backpack over her shoulder, clipped her Poké Ball to her belt, and started walking.

AC, a 17 year old boy, had spent the last couple of days travelling. He had first traveled from his hometown Mossdeep City of Hoenn to Slateport. From Slateport he boarded a ship and arrived at the docks of Castelia Town. He chose to rest at the Pokemon Center there before continuing his way to Nuvema Town. He was now quite close to Nuvema Town with his green Pokemon floating right by his side.

His Pokemon was a Solosis given by his father who was close friends with the Director of the Mossdeep Space Center. AC had finally completed his education and before he chose an occupation, he wanted to go on a Pokemon Journey. His father, who was one of the best scientists at the Space Center, gave him a Solosis. Now, his Solosis was floating next to him as he walked towards Nuvema Town to get his Pokedex and embark on his journey.

I wonder what awaits me and my Solosis, he thought.

Cole Jacobson, sixteen-year-old and soon-to-be expert Trainer, waked into Nuvema Town, his Golett trailing behind.

Cole had arrived from Anville Town, and came from a long line of engineers, scientists, and inventors. As such, Cole was smart, strategic, and good with electronics and tools - He had built his Pokemon from scratch, with only a wrench, the blueprints, and a large amount of determination. In fact, Cole was so determined to become more intelligent that he hadn't even quit school early like most aspiring Trainers; he was only there for summer vacation.

Arriving at the Lab, Cole waited for some others to arrive.

Jakku entered Nuvema town on his own, finishing off his sketch.
He stood in the town square, looking around for a sign to Juniper's Lab.
"Hm..."

I have mastered mathematics, the sciences and read a lot of philosophy, AC thought, My father is a scientist. It is only normal that I too become a scientist, but I'm not so sure about that. I do love math and sciences and it has abetted me in developing a strong strategic and analytical mind. However, I may choose to become a man of the law, time will tell. Right now, I just need to master Pokemon. He turned to his Solosis, who seemed quite happy. "Hey buddy, we're about to start an incredible journey together," AC said.

His Solosis smiled and through telepathy he communicated, "I can't wait!"

As they continued to walk, AC saw Nuvema Town. "C'mon!" he exlcaimed, "Let's go!"

Semper's gaze roamed over the inside of the lab for a few moments, before settling on Professor Juniper herself. Nodding curtly at her he walked over, staring expectantly at her for a few moments. She smiled warmly. He frowned.

"Right, no offence but can we make this as quick as possible? I don't actually want to do this but if I have to I'd rather it was over as quickly as possible."

Professor Juniper's eyebrows raised almost comically as she fumbled for words, apparently slightly flustered by Semper's harsh tone.

"Right, of course. I trust you've already been briefed about what you're here for, correct?"

Semper nodded. "In turn I trust you have the promised starter Pokemon"

She, likewise, nodded, gesturing towards the three Pokemon on the desk behind her.

"As you're the first here you have first choice of starter. Snivy, Tepig or Oshawott."

Semper merely raised a sceptical eyebrow.

"These are the professionally bred ones, correct?"

The professor nodded her assent and the slightest look of relief flitted across Semper's features. Face blank he span to face the trio of starters, running his piercing gaze over each of them in turn, immediately unimpressed with the Oshawott and Tepig, and only mildly more pleased with the looks of the Snivy - a snobby creature, it seemed, but an intelligent one.

"I'll take the Snivy, then," he told her, practically snatching the trainer card, Pokedex and his new starter's pokeball out of her hands in his desperation to finish his journey as quickly as possible.

Professor Juniper gave him a slight wave as he nearly sprinted out of the door, relieved to be free of the lab.

((Corruption, your avatar had given me an entirely new view on the ugliness of Snivy. Did you sprite it yourself?))

Noticing a boy with a Solosis enter town, Cole and his Golett walked over to introduce themselves.

"Hello," Cole said. "I'm Cole, and this is my Golett, Guardian."

"Greetings," Guardian said to Solosis, while the machine part of his mind began to gather all known intelligence about this Pokemon and its evolutions.

ooc;; yes, yes I did >:D

Jakku finally arrived at the lab.
He walked straight into the clearly marked 'PULL' door, then entered.
"Hi, I'm here for an Oshawott please?"
He asked cheerily.
The Oshawott on the table perked at being mentioned.

Professor Juniper grinned warmly, waving Jakku over.

"He's a shy one," she informed him, gesturing towards the otter-like creature, "low self-esteem if you can believe it, given he's professionally bred. Good luck."

"I'm sure you know what you're doing," she told him, handing him the Oshawott's Pokeball, alongside his pokedex and trainer card, "so I'll just send you on your way."

AC looked at the boy who had just introduced himself. He smiled and said, "Well hello. My friends call me AC, I guess you can do the same. Nice to meet you and your Golett. This is my Solosis." He pointed to his Green Pokemon but he saw that the Pokemon was too busy with Guardian.

"Hello stranger," Solosis said, "I am Solosis." Using his psychic powers which he and his evolutionary line was known for, he penetrated Guardian's mind. "I see you are gathering information on me. Don't be shocked as to how I know that as you probably have learned that my evolutionary line is known for being superior in terms of intelligence and psychic powers," he said.

I wouldn't say you're too superior, Guardian said, penetrating Solosis's own mind to send a telepathic message. I AM a Ghost-type, you know.

"Nice to meet you, too," Cole replied, watching Guardian and Solosis communicate.

Jakku took the Pokedex, along with Oshawott's Pokeball and his new Trainer Card.
"..."
He put the Pokeball away, and took Oshawott into his arms, then walked out.
"Seeya when I'm champion!"
He called back happily.
Oshawott looked up at Jakku, who grinned back.
They set off back into town.

"That is true," Solosis communicated.

"It seems our Pokemon are getting along quite well," AC said, "Did you happen to get your Pokedex? I was about to visit the world renown Professor Juniper to get my Pokedex."

"I have one built into Golett," Cole said. "I built him from scratch, and I wired one in a while back."

"That is cool," AC said, "but how did you manage to make it half-ghost. I heard that it is said that Golett were first created by the science of an ancient civilization, but how did you do it?" He also kept walking towards the Professor's house.

"It's hard to explain," Cole responded. "Even I'm not sure exactly how it works, but think of it as a sort of growth over time. Basically, you program the robotic part with an AI and it eventually grows into something... more, I guess. My father could explain it better, if he were here."

"So your father is a mechanical engineer, huh?" AC asked. After a moment of silence he continued, "My father works at the Mossdeep Space Center, he's a scientist as well."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom