• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Just found out this place existed.

DasManiac

The Charming Fool
Reaction score
I've been using Bulbapedia for a while now but I never realized it had a forum. I know most Pokemon forums are kinda nuts so I was skeptical at first about this one but it seems pretty sane. I'm 19 and my first Pokemon game was Ruby I believe. The next one I played was FireRed and then Emerald. Those were the only ones I ever owned until I just Platinum recently. I must say having only two games to play for years makes Platinum a very difficult and confusing experience. The wiki on this site however has been instrumental in helping me determine which Pokemon are worth catching though as I don't recognize any of them.

I would get some of the other DS Pokemon games but they're much too expensive for me (I'm not paying $40 for a three year old game like HG/SS) and I won't buy them online because I've read about people selling fakes (and people for some reason don't have the cases). I tried watching the anime one day when Black and White was on last year and I found extremely confusing as I haven't watched since the beginning of the Hoenn series. I know there are people who enjoy but I found it utterly ridiculous and downright laughable. I don't want to insult anyone who watches the series as I greatly enjoyed the Johto/Hoenn stuff but it's just that it was the first time I'd seen the series in many, many years. I also just found out there's something called "Competitive Battling" and "Event only Pokemon", neither of which are things I've ever heard of before.

Favorite Gym Leader: Juan (If I were to ever do cosplay, I'd totally cosplay Juan because he's cool)

Runner Up: Flannery

Favorite Pokemon: Magmar (I've been waiting ten years to get one and I finally got one yesterday in Platinum!).

Runner Up: Vaporeon

Favorite Type: I love Ice and Ghost Pokemon quite a bit

Hey there, DasManiac, welcome.

The community is pretty great here, I think you will enjoy it. If you'd like to learn more about what you've missed in the games, you can visit Bulbapedia which has a ton of info or the Pokemon Video Games forum.

Ice and Ghost are also favorites of mine, there are just so many cool ones :) anyways have a great time here.

Hey there, DasManiac, welcome.

The community is pretty great here, I think you will enjoy it. If you'd like to learn more about what you've missed in the games, you can visit Bulbapedia which has a ton of info or the Pokemon Video Games forum.

Ice and Ghost are also favorites of mine, there are just so many cool ones :) anyways have a great time here.

Thank you. Yes, Bulbapedia is a great resource. It's helped me quite a bit so far and I hope I enjoy this site. So far looking around this site seems to be pretty sane.

You and me both! It took me until 2010 to realize there was a forum attached to Bulbapedia. xD; But all that matters is that we're here now, right? Welcome! I do agree that HG/SS is expensive for its age.. though it seems like a lot of Pokemon games are like that. :( I was barely able to snatch SoulSilver for $30 for my boyfriend, haha.

Enjoy your time here and see you around!

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom