• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Jynx Vs. Porygon

Arc Blader

back to the start
Reaction score
124Jynx.png
VS
137Porygon.png

Why these two? Because they're arguably the two Pokémon with the most controversy attached. One could be a racist stereotype; the other gave kids seizures. Which one's better design wise? Which one has the more useful family? Which one is more "problematic", so to speak? Does Jynx need an evolution? Does Porygon have too many evolutions? Discuss!

...the other gave kids seizures...

Actually, Pikachu caused the seizures. Porygon just happened to be in the same episode. :p

As for Jynx, I was always baffled as to why they choose to make that an Ice type. I don't look at that and think of an ice creature.

As for Jynx, I was always baffled as to why they choose to make that an Ice type. I don't look at that and think of an ice creature.

I believe it was because she was based on a Japanese legend or something

this is like Human-like vs Artificial intelligence. How interesting.....
I guess I'll chose porygon because I just like it a bit more. though they both are a pain to get a hold of in the game.

I like Porygon more by far, and especially when it reaches Porygon-Z. Not to mention Adaptability is a great ability.

Jynx freaks me out. FTL.
Porygon does not. And it evolves. FTW.

Porygon.

I pity the thing for being banned from the anime, I like its design more and overall the story behind its creation and evolutions.

I like Porygon but I like Jynx more. Jynx has always been my favorite ever since FR/LG came out and I just love using it in battles. Sure its ugly as hell but I prefer her ugliness. It would have been nice if it had an evolution.

Porygon. 'Cause well, it caused over 500 seizures. :D

Porygon, because it's a digital Pokemon, and the fact that it never shows up anymore makes it special. Besides, I do not care much for Jynx.

Thanks for reading.

I don't like Porygon, but I love its evolutions. I don't like Jynx either, and I don't like its pre-evolution. Porygon it is.

Jynx kinda scares the heck out of me for some reason, so I choose Porygon. It's kinda awesome, and I feel sorry for its entire line.

OH MY GOD WHAT KIND OF A CRAZY POLL IS THIS.

Porygon by a million, billion LIGHTYEARS, okay?
Too many evolutions? Hell no, each one is awesome. Porygon-Z is practically the coolest dude ever. The Porygon family is great for battling too, and I love their designs!
Obviously I'm extremely biased, because Porygon is one of my all-time favorite Pokemon.

I still love Jynx though. She's in my tops as well. She needs an evolution desperately, and honestly she's not THAT ugly.

honestly she's not THAT ugly.
^ This. I love Jynx's banana–like hair. ;A;

I'm picking Jynx because of how much she helped on Stadium and LG... And Porygon was just a waste of money.

OH MY GOD WHAT KIND OF A CRAZY POLL IS THIS.
Welcome to the Contest Hall. :p

I still love Jynx though. She's in my tops as well. She needs an evolution desperately, and honestly she's not THAT ugly.

...And this is pretty much my reason for voting for Jynx. I appreciate its creepy, bizarre design, (at the time) unique typing, and solid special and speed stats. Porygon's fine, but I gotta go with the underdog here.

Porygon wins for me.
I really love its design, as well as Porygon 2's.
Its evolutions are both really useful in battles and can learn moves from many types.
I like Jynx too, as I once used her in my FR team and she was pretty useful. n__n

Porygon looks better than Jynx, and has very useful evolutions. I also prefer Porygon's movepool.

Porygon can wreak havoc in cyberspace. All Jynx can do is...sing? Besides, Porygon evolves twice. I doubt a Jynx is capable of defeating a Porygon-Z with 349 sp. attack.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom