• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Kakuna vs Metapod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow-Lucario

People Just Get InThe Way
Reaction score
who would win in a fight kakuna or metapod? :banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: ok here is a good one

Kakuna, based mostly on design though. Plus it has poison sting to possibly poison metapod.
Posted via Mobile Device

in the original games though i thought . . . .wait a minute did kakuna have poison sting in the original because i thought all they had was harden?

Metapod. Personally, I've always preferred the Caterpie line over the Weedle line. Probably cuz I hate bees.

in the original games though i thought . . . .wait a minute did kakuna have poison sting in the original because i thought all they had was harden?

If you caught them as kakuna/metapod they only had harden. If you caught them as their earlier evolves and evolved them the could have poison sting/tackle.

Kakuna looks like some ancient design, while Metapod's just a boring cocoon. Kakuna wins.

Kakuna. It looks like it wants to fight, whereas Metapod just looks bored. Plus it can have Poison Sting, to poison Metapod. And it evolves from Weedle (who is better than Caterpie) and evolves into Beedrill (who is better than Butterfree). No contest really.

In gen. I all enemy ones are generated knowing only Harden (as it takes the pokémon moves from their internal moveset and level with just some expections). But they do not forget moves when evolving from Weedle and Caterpie.

Notably, Bugsy owns a Metapod with Tackle and Kakuna with Poison Sting, as Gym Leaders have all their pokémon moves specified and aren't just calculated.

But yes, Kakuna wins due to poison sting being more useful. It has a more intriguing design too.

Metapod for me, provided a lot of humor in one of the earlier pokemon episodes

Metapod has a better design, and evolves into an original Pokémon.

Kakuna will probably be victorious, due to the fact that he/she can learn Poison Sting, which will no doubt do some extra damage to Metapod, if Metapod didn't manage to shed of the status, that is. Preference? Honestly, I pick Metapod, because it looks funnier and less scary.

Thanks for reading.

Someone should settle this fight over on the Pokemon Stadium 1 mini–game where you harden your Metapod/Kakuna to prevent fainting. xD

Anyway, I guess Kakuna it has purdy eyes because Poison Sting and Harden make it both defensive AND offensive to me.

re_metapod0.jpg

read the bit in the middle because how many people has done this in the first gen games?

Poison Sting is super effective against bugs in Gen 1, so I'll pick Kakuna. Also I don't care about either of them :-/
Also why no poll?

The Poison typing gives Kakuna an advantage.

Kakuna. It's more offensive than Metapod, it's stronger with Poison sting, and it has a better design.

I can't believe I am genuinely struggling to decide between the two, I love them both!

Do I pick Metapod because I am obsessed with the colour green?
Do I pick Kakuna because I think it has a marginally superior design?

Bah! I pick both! :p

i dont know how to do polls that is why there is no poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom