• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kalos Connection/DLC?

StandbyForBattle

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
I know, people don't want to talk about this, but since SV region is based on Spain, and Spain is right next to France (Kalos), Will it be some sort of connection to Kalos (DLC region, references, characters return)? Honestly I don't see it happening, because since SV is open world, If they decide to revisit Kalos, won't that mean that GF would have remake the entire Kalos region and add southern Kalos (which was scrapped), plus I don't see them fitting whole Kalos region into the game cartridge (even it's a dlc), or if they decide to just put Southern Kalos, what will be the purpose in visit just southern part of kalos. Honestly I don't mind if it's just some sort of connection, reference, or probably characters return, what's your opinion?

Looking at the Europe map, England (Galar) is separate from France (Kalos) because England is it's own island. Spain is directly attached to France, so there's a good reason why Kalos could appear in Gen IX when it wasn't in Galar. Then again, the games never connected regions since Johto.

They don't seem to care much that Kalos is right near this region or Galar, after the issues with Kanto and Johto in GSC they don't seem to want to include two regions in a game ever again aside from GSC remakes. Just far too much content that throw off the level curve. Don't expect any reference to Kalos other than minor NPCs.

We won’t see Kalos again until XY remakes.
Even then, Game Freak will likely just port XY because it’s already in 3D and they don’t seem to want to touch on it’s unfinished aspects or Mega Evolution ever again since they likely feel ashamed of it. :(

They didn’t reference Kalos at all in Galar, when so much of their history is interlinked, and there is the Channel Tunnel…so I strongly doubt they’ll reference Kalos in Gen IX either. It’d be really fun if they did…but it’s not something I can see them doing.

Except they did mention Kalos via random NPC saying he saw from Kalos to Galar.

They might even include Kalos as a DLC most likely unless they already made parts of the region in the initial launch for post-game, but finish it off in the DLCs/free updates. Another thing is they might just have an excuse to make an island close to Paldea or just bring back old content, similar to the Isle of Amor and the Crown Tundra DLCs for Sword/Shield. I did also speculate this in my YouTube video I made over a week ago that this strange crater at the heart of the region could very well be that Paldea got into a war with Kalos over 3,000 years ago during the Pokemon War.

Except they did mention Kalos via random NPC saying he saw from Kalos to Galar.
And that's the reason kalos most likely wouldn't be in Scarlet/Violet. Kalos represents Northern France. Someone suggested a dlc could be more likely Spanish islands or a south French region.

I don't think we're going to be visiting any additional regions, let alone Kalos. The Paldea region's map, in all its open-world glory looks large enough that it doesn't need to rely on any other regions to fill it out. While DLC is always an option, I don't see it being Kalos, any more than I see Mega Evolutions being added into these games.

There was speculation about this when Galar was revealed as being inspired by the UK, and that never came to fruition.

Sadly, I think Kalos is going the way of the dodo until the inevitable Gen VI remakes.
Fans have been speculating about a Kalos connection since SM. I’m honestly baffled as to why it keeps coming up when there’s been no sign of it for the last 6 years.

Fans have been speculating about a Kalos connection since SM. I’m honestly baffled as to why it keeps coming up when there’s been no sign of it for the last 6 years.
Mostly just people being upset that no third game for the Kalos region was ever made.

The speculation over a SM connection was for a different reason, it's because Kalos never got a third version and they were folding content everyone assumed was coming to Z (such as Zygarde's forms and Ash Greninja) into SM. SwSh and SV are because they're based on regions that border France. If the 10th gen region doesn't border France you're probably not going to hear a word about Kalos.

Mostly just people being upset that no third game for the Kalos region was ever made.
I feel like comments like this, people would rather talk about how others are upset about a region not returning, but they don't realize it's actually important for lore building and such. Instead of just giving us BDSP(made by ILCA of course), Game Freak decided to give us Legends Arceus, which takes place in the older Sinnoh region, known as Hisui. Now, of course, Pokemon lore has always been so convoluted and all over the place, which is why the anime version has done better (sometimes, with missed opportunities quite a lot), but if Game Freak makes some small island close to Paldea, just like they made the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra for Galar, then so be it.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom