• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Kalos Connection/DLC?

Primal Dialga 4629

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
I know, people don't want to talk about this, but since SV region is based on Spain, and Spain is right next to France (Kalos), Will it be some sort of connection to Kalos (DLC region, references, characters return)? Honestly I don't see it happening, because since SV is open world, If they decide to revisit Kalos, won't that mean that GF would have remake the entire Kalos region and add southern Kalos (which was scrapped), plus I don't see them fitting whole Kalos region into the game cartridge (even it's a dlc), or if they decide to just put Southern Kalos, what will be the purpose in visit just southern part of kalos. Honestly I don't mind if it's just some sort of connection, reference, or probably characters return, what's your opinion?

Dorothy

My love is stronger than my fear of death
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
There'll probably be a handful of Kalosian NPCs, but that's about it.

SeanWheeler

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Looking at the Europe map, England (Galar) is separate from France (Kalos) because England is it's own island. Spain is directly attached to France, so there's a good reason why Kalos could appear in Gen IX when it wasn't in Galar. Then again, the games never connected regions since Johto.

Bolt Strike

Bringing the Thunder
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
They don't seem to care much that Kalos is right near this region or Galar, after the issues with Kanto and Johto in GSC they don't seem to want to include two regions in a game ever again aside from GSC remakes. Just far too much content that throw off the level curve. Don't expect any reference to Kalos other than minor NPCs.

Kallyle

Starwalker Neo
Reaction score
We won’t see Kalos again until XY remakes.
Even then, Game Freak will likely just port XY because it’s already in 3D and they don’t seem to want to touch on it’s unfinished aspects or Mega Evolution ever again since they likely feel ashamed of it. :(

nickdt

Reaction score
They didn’t reference Kalos at all in Galar, when so much of their history is interlinked, and there is the Channel Tunnel…so I strongly doubt they’ll reference Kalos in Gen IX either. It’d be really fun if they did…but it’s not something I can see them doing.

Except they did mention Kalos via random NPC saying he saw from Kalos to Galar.

Gengarzilla

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
After they didn't even try to do this with Kalos and Galar, whose real-world analogues are old rivals? Don't expect anything special here. I'm sorry to be blunt but clearly geographical proximity stopped meaning anything after Kanto and Johto.

Reaction score
i wouldn't expect any future game (that isn't a remake of the Johto games) to feature multiple regions regardless of whether it would make sense.

Emmy

Cam Girl~
Reaction score
Unless the story is deeply and inescapably tied to Kalos, I don’t see us going there.