• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kalos Connection/DLC?

I don't see Kalos appearing this generation, there are still two regions that have yet to have a fully 3D appearance that came before, so I don't think Game Freak is in such a hurry to bring back an older region that already appeared in full 3D, plus, unless it's a Legends game, they would have to redesign Kalos if they bring it in an open-world format.

I know it sucks that Zygarde didn't get his own game, but trying to connect Kalos to everything European isn't going to bring Kalos back. Especially since Alola and Unova were never connected (with the exception of characters reappearing).

Maybe a handful still will at best. Like, 2 or 3 people out of the 20+ million fans of the series. But for the most part you probably will see it stop if the region is unrelated to Kalos.
It's a little exaggerating that almost everyone wants Kalos back. Not everyone enjoyed the region, obviously, but I'm not the one who wants Hoenn back for every single game because they didn't bring back the Battle Frontier for ORAS.

Even if we did get Z, it would have been as hated as much as usum. People wanted pokemon stars too, and when we got usum (for all intents and purposes the same thing just not on the switch) people got really upset about that too. And stars would have just been a port mind you, usum had new content atleast, including the first game to introduce new pokemon mid generation (something people speculated Z would do)

I don't think Z would be hated as much if it had more content than the previous paired versions that came before. Although, I know some people loved BW but hated B2W2 despite having more content and taking place 2 years after BW. They didn't even make Pokemon Bow because they were working on Legends Arceus.

and when we got usum (for all intents and purposes the same thing just not on the switch) people got really upset about that too.
People got upset because it hardly added anything wothwhile (Rainbow Rocket was wasted for such a cool concept) and it made the story actually worse. If USUM was anything like Platinum or Emerald, people wouldn't have been all that upset.

If Z came out with like difficulty options, some changes in the story to make it better and actual substantial new content, i think people would have liked it.

People got upset because it hardly added anything wothwhile (Rainbow Rocket was wasted for such a cool concept) and it made the story actually worse. If USUM was anything like Platinum or Emerald, people wouldn't have been all that upset.

If Z came out with like difficulty options, some changes in the story to make it better and actual substantial new content, i think people would have liked it.
You know, Rainbow Rocket would've been awesome in the Journeys saga, but they might save that for Scarlet/Violet anime.
It would make sense if Z had a difficulty option and an expanded story-line would've fixed the issues with XY. I don't understand why people treat Exp. Share like a permanent feature when it wasn't until USUM and it's here to stay since. I would've liked it as an option after becoming a champion.

We'll never know what Z would have been like, but if we want to speculate on what it could have been loved for we can speculate how it would have been hated too. There's no reason to think Z wouldn't have done the same thing as x and y with zygarde added on to the end game, maybe new megas and a slightly more believable Lysander.

Also outside of their own side game rainbow rocket was never going to get the full love it needed as a postgame story. It was done well enough as a send off to the 3ds Era, bringing back all the villains for one last hurrah. Plus they didn't disband, they can be brought back for future games (masters ex for example) and who knows maybe one day we can get a game (side or otherwise) to explore then more.

Edit: perma exp share started with let's go not usum.

Kalos is just way too big to be included as a post-game region/DLC to explore. I know it was done with Kanto in GSC, but that was at a different time where regions weren't as geographically complex and vast as they are now. And since we're on the topic, I don't think we'll ever see another region in a post-game ever again.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom