• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kalos League Thread

Maybe Ash will battle Astrid at some point. He lost to Astrid in the Diancie Movie, so another battle would be a nice reference and a revenge match.

Also, I'm guessing that Steven gave Sawyer the Mega Stone/Key Stone as a gift. He's the one who taught him about Sceptile being able to mega evolve. Maybe Sawyer had it all along, but wanted to keep the best for the last and didn't use it before. Or maybe he heard that Steven was in Kalos and they met off-screen.

Last edited:
I am getting pretty worried about this league. I swear to Arceus if they let Alain beat Ash again I will be pissed off at the writers for ruining a perfectly good series. And now it looks like with Korrina and Alain in the next episode, Alain might have won all badges in record timing? Everything about this character is bullshit. I am so sick of Alain.

I doubt that Ash will lose to Alain. It's possible, but with the way their last battle went, it seemed likely that a perfected Ash-Greninja could defeat Mega Charizard X. I still don't think that Ash is going to win. Even with the Kalos League starting early, I don't see him winning the whole thing, especially with Team Flare most likely interrupting it, but he'll probably lose to a new character like he almost always does.

I think it would be quite nice for them to do 30s-1m Flare investigating in each of the episodes if the League really is building up to a big showdown - a neat way for them not to be absent for months at a time whilst also moving the plot forward.

I think it would be quite nice for them to do 30s-1m Flare investigating in each of the episodes if the League really is building up to a big showdown - a neat way for them not to be absent for months at a time whilst also moving the plot forward.

I'd prefer that instead of them selling merchandise and/or trying to capture Pikachu and the other participant's Pokemon, repetition gets boring

Likewise! I hope the writers have been smart enough to telepathically share this thought with me ;-)

Probably too much to hope Team Rocket don't put in an appearance like they did during the Unova League, their absence makes things a lot better I feel

Of course, because the Unova League was so great without Team Rocket, I specially loved that one filler episode focusing on Axew getting lost for the umpteenth time.

I found team rocket the most tolerable during the league where they just sell food and offer commentary instead of failing to steal pokemon.

Do you think they'd still be "allowed" to do that considering where they stand after BW?

They've pretty much made Team Rocket comedy relief again in XY. I don't see why they couldn't go back to that selling food and goodies routine for the Kalos League. They may not appear in every episode, as they usually don't show up during Gym battles anymore, but I could see them appearing during most, if not all of the Kalos League.

I'm thinking this is what will happen. If not, then they just won't appear at all. I don't see them selling goods since the Rockets don't really take up part time jobs anymore like they used to when they were strapped for cash.

I doubt that Ash will lose to Alain. It's possible, but with the way their last battle went, it seemed likely that a perfected Ash-Greninja could defeat Mega Charizard X. I still don't think that Ash is going to win. Even with the Kalos League starting early, I don't see him winning the whole thing, especially with Team Flare most likely interrupting it, but he'll probably lose to a new character like he almost always does.
Oh my god I am going to be so sad if they do that again. With everything we're seeing about Ash, he deserves to win the league for once. Having him lose to Tobias was just plain cruel. Since there doesn't seem to be any new characters revealed in the recent scans, I'm hoping all the important league matches are consisted of the characters we've seen before. I really really don't want a last minute Tobias v.2 again. Making Ash win a league doesn't mean the end of his journey - heck, they never even defined what being a Pokemon Master is anyways. Winning a league could be just one of the many criteria.

League Prediction
Ash and Alain battle at the finals and Ash wins. I mean, Ash just has to win based on the storyline of his improvement and perfecting Ash-Greninja.

Oh my god I am going to be so sad if they do that again. With everything we're seeing about Ash, he deserves to win the league for once. Having him lose to Tobias was just plain cruel. Since there doesn't seem to be any new characters revealed in the recent scans, I'm hoping all the important league matches are consisted of the characters we've seen before. I really really don't want a last minute Tobias v.2 again. Making Ash win a league doesn't mean the end of his journey - heck, they never even defined what being a Pokemon Master is anyways. Winning a league could be just one of the many criteria.

League Prediction
Ash and Alain battle at the finals and Ash wins. I mean, Ash just has to win based on the storyline of his improvement and perfecting Ash-Greninja.

At the end of DP, Ash did say that defeating the Champion of an Elite 4 is part of becoming a Pokemon Master, which is pretty much the most definition for the goal that we've ever gotten. Winning one League won't make Ash a Pokemon Master and even winning the Champion League is just part of the overall goal, so it wouldn't end his journey. It would make it probably harder to have him go back to square one in the next series, but that never really stopped them before.

Honestly, the idea of Ash losing the Kalos League again doesn't really bother me. Maybe it's because I'm just used to that by now, because I'm not nearly as impressed with Ash in XY as I was in DP or it's because I'm still really annoyed with how sloppy his XY team is while so many people are praising it as his best team ever, but I'm not really excited at the idea of Ash winning the Kalos League. The lack of a good rival match-up is also a pretty serious problem. Sawyer is probably the best out of the XY rivals, but they still rushed through his development way too fast to make him a challenge for Ash. And Alain is basically just a means to hype up Mega Charizard X at this point, as well as add more tension for the Team Flare climax. I'm sure that there will be good battles. The promo for the Kalos League looked pretty cool and I'm sure that we'll get some good battles out of it. I'm just not really eager at the idea of Ash winning it at this point.

League Prediction

Given the fact that Ash still feels pain when Greninja is in its mastered Ash-Greninja mode, if he were to lose this time, it wouldn't be a mere running up to Greninja and asking if its okay and then saying it did a good job trying. I suspect he'll be fainting along with Greninja and that would look terrible for the audience to see. Not to mention that the big finale is not against a League rival but against Team Flare and their evil plan of using Complete Forme Zygarde to vaguely do something with Kalos' environment. That is the real grand spectacle of the series.

As for Alain, make no mistake that he will lose to Ash in the end. It's all a matter of when and how it would occur.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom