• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kalos Legendary Trio Title Discussion Thread (New Poll)

Which name do you like?

• Total voters
The official pokemon Facebook page just made a random post about carbink ... something they haven't done for any pokemon since release. perhaps prepping us for a Diancie reveal !?! I Denying that the two are somehow related is like denying the fairy type.

I think they have some relation, however I do not think it's evolutionary. I think it may be more like a Manaphy and Phione type situation, however a bit different cause Carbink can be obtained in game normally and Phione could only be gotten by breeding Manaphy with Ditto. Im not quite sure what I think is the relation.

The official pokemon Facebook page just made a random post about carbink ... something they haven't done for any pokemon since release. perhaps prepping us for a Diancie reveal !?! I Denying that the two are somehow related is like denying the fairy type.
Can you show me a screencap? I can't get on Facebook

Sorry this is super late
Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 11.46.43 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 11.46.43 PM.jpg

Sorry this is super late
View attachment 91420View attachment 91420
Thanks! Hmm, interesting...Diancie soon maybe?

Well apparently the hacker found Dianice by inputting 719, which is after Zygarde. Now GameFreak and Pokémon have been known to not follow practical numbering patterns, (ex: Victini, Landorus, Kyurem and Keldeo) but still they've never did something like this with that far of a gap between numbers.

Besides, I am still suspecting the "trio" to be faker then the smile on a politician promising to lower taxes when he has the paper work to raise them right under the podium.

I've only seen 1 set of images, the Dianice looks quite MS paint-like, and there has been no Pokédex entry screen shot posted. People were making realistic Pokémon seemingly plucked right from the game since the first screen shots and video of battle hit the airwaves.

Until such Pokémon are officially revealed, I think we should focus on the known trio we do have access to the variable sources of info.

Last edited:

Sorry this is super late
View attachment 91420View attachment 91420
Thanks! Hmm, interesting...Diancie soon maybe?

It could be that or the Pokemon FB page is could "officially introducing" all the leftover Pokemon not revealed before the games released. Kinda leaning to the latter. We know Carbink was officially revealed to Japan by Corocoro but I can't remember if it was revealed to any other countries.

Anyway this talk about the hidden legendaries is off topic for this thread.

Yeah guys, those event legendaries have their own thread and may not even be a trio or related to each other. Please keep the thread on topic of the title for the Kalos legendary trio.

Oh I'm sorry ... I thought the trio we were talking about was the three new things !

So on topic ... I hope Zygarde gets a new form that boosts it's stats a lot like Kyurem and Giratina. They always look pathetic at first but transform into some badassery !

Yeah guys, those event legendaries have their own thread and may not even be a trio or related to each other. Please keep the thread on topic of the title for the Kalos legendary trio.

Oh I'm sorry ... I thought the trio we were talking about was the three new things !

So on topic ... I hope Zygarde gets a new form that boosts it's stats a lot like Kyurem and Giratina. They always look pathetic at first but transform into some badassery !

At the moment I am thinking due to its typing, its likely to have its type or ability changed to something that negates fairy type advantage over it. I wonder if it would still be called Aura something, otherwise Aura Trio is looking less promising should Zygarde get a mega evo or form change that gets ride of Aura Break.

Ok, sorry I've not been on lately or updating the poll. I got side tracked by my apartment complex manager's BS. Got inspections but she keeps bsing around and pushing it to the next day and then the next day. >_<#

Anyways, here is the latest Poll results

Votes: 9
  1. Ragnarök Trio 0%
  2. Aura Trio 88.89%
  3. Life/Circle of Life Trio 0%
  4. Cartesian Trio 11.11%
  5. Balance Trio 0%

Aura Trio seems to be the favorite still.

Xerneas represents eternal life
Yveltal represents death

What would Zygarde represent? Going by the ability, it cancels the other two. Then, would it cancel life as well as death? What is the state of being neither alive nor dead?

I guess the title Aura fits their ability, but their themes seem to be related to Life and Death and maybe the Circle of Life

Zygarde represents order, the balance of life and death.

While the name Aura Trio may not have anything to do with their life/death concept, none of the other proposed names really cling to me. .-.

I think the Circle of Life Trio fits pretty well, judging by what they represent.

yveltal=hell

xerneas= heaven

zygarde=gatekeeper.

The wiki currently calls them the Mortality Duo (they haven't included Zygarde in there as of yet). Still think Cartesian is the way to go.

The wiki currently calls them the Mortality Duo (they haven't included Zygarde in there as of yet). Still think Cartesian is the way to go.

lol you can't really go by that, mostly because I am the one who edited it from "Mascots" to Mortality Duo which is more or less a place holder for the time being until a more suitable and/or more fan conciseness name is coined.

Ok everypony, it looks like we now have more data for the poll

Votes: 15
Ragnarök Trio 0%
Aura Trio 66.67%
Life/Circle of Life Trio 6.67%
Cartesian Trio 26.67%
Balance Trio 0%

Last edited:
I definitely prefer Aura Trio, short and sweet and obvious. The others don't roll off the tongue as well. :/

Back
Top Bottom