• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kalos Legendary Trio Title Discussion Thread (New Poll)

Which name do you like?

• Total voters
Re: Kalos Legendary Trio Title

Axises or plane trio :p

Axis Trio?

I think its kind of best not to use that first one. I mean if I were to hear "Axis Trio", I'd start to think about WWII's Axis powers...Kalos is based off France, which...yeah kind of got invaded in WWII.

Maybe Coordinate Trio?

Well, when you put it this way. But, again The whole symbolism of XY is about axises ( Confirmed) and how they get converged together somehow. So maybe " Zero/ infinity trio". It has a very nice ring to it. As in axises alone have 0 potential, but if combined together the potential are infinite.

I'm not sure why you're telling him to calm down - he seems pretty calm, just pointing out some facts.

It doesn't just "blend together". It's misappropriation, and there are a LOT of people who care where it comes from. Mythology has had huge impacts on our world cultures, and saying one is equivalent to another is just plain wrong.

emphasis master here

i like ragnarok trio, just cause i think it fits in one weird way or another so

Also, a good rule of thumb - if you use google translate, try to google the phrase it spits out afterwards - you're likely to find out it's completely wrong. While cycle of life and cycle (the vehicle) may be interchangeable in English, they aren't at all in French - and it's not really a pun at all, just confusing. If you want to directly translate that sort of cycle, the closest word in french is... cycle.

He was coming off a little aggressive/argumentative in the post on the first and 2nd pages. Using capital letters and what not.

Its to emphasis. Some people capitalize than put the text in bold or italic.

Not an option, but a variation of one. I think Mortalité Trio would be good.

I guess that we can all guess what that's French for.

From a gameplay standpoint, Aura Trio

Consider this: the "Weather trio" have red and blue Pokémon that create weather and a green dragon that ignores weather.

History repeats. Red and blue Pokémon with auras that indiscriminately strengthen attacks and another green dragon that inverts them.

I noticed that too, but I wanted to try and keep quiet on that so I wouldn't end up discussing two things at once lol. I was actually writing an article I was going post on my IGN blog about that very subject. I was writing the article to discuss the clues why a RSE remake might happen...but now I fear its chances might be hurt due to several factors...but back on topic lol. How about Life Aura trio?

If anything we can call Xerneas and Yveltal the Mortality Duo.
How do life and death relate to morality? I really don't get that.[/QUOTE]

Mortality the word basically means life and death. Mortality rate describes how many people live and/or die.

Not an option, but a variation of one. I think Mortalité Trio would be good.

I guess that we can all guess what that's French for.
Maybe, sounds good.

I'd rather keep away from any French-esque names. Just because the region is based on France doesn't mean everything has to be about and/or related to France.

Chaos Trio, aka Twilight as it's known in some of my other circles.

omelette du fromage trio?

Chaos Trio, aka Twilight as it's known in some of my other circles.

I don't really see it, I mean Yveltal is chaos for sure, but Zygarde is Order and Xerneas is life, so it doesn't make much sense.

huh....of all the Dexter references, you use one not from the serial killer one TT_TT

Twilight Trio? Really?

So I'm guessing Xerneas is Edward, giving random people eternal life. Yveltal is Jake, he's just killing stuff. And Zygarde is Bella, as y'know, she never really does much.

Twilight Trio? Really?

So I'm guessing Xerneas is Edward, giving random people eternal life. Yveltal is Jake, he's just killing stuff. And Zygarde is Bella, as y'know, she never really does much.

Wrong twilight. It's talking about the time of day between day and night, not stupid extremely-fake vampires and stupid extremely-fake werewolves.

... XYZ trio

It IS the shortest name, after all. (You could pronounce it Ik-seez I guess)

Otherwise I'll just go with Life and Death or anything that implies so, since that's pretty much the theme that they seem to actually represent, regardless of conceptual imagery.

Twilight Trio? Really?

This has nothing to do with glittering vampires...even if Xerneas sparkles in light. Every time you think about the Twilight Saga movies, a Phione dies

... XYZ trio

It IS the shortest name, after all. (You could pronounce it Ik-seez I guess)

Otherwise I'll just go with Life and Death or anything that implies so, since that's pretty much the theme that they seem to actually represent, regardless of conceptual imagery.
Again, we owe them a better name then that.

Why not call them the Omegabet Trio? The Omegabet is the reverse of the Alphabet. Instead of ABC its ZYX

XYZ trio would enforce the obvious idea that these are really just Mega Unown X, Y and Z.

XYZ trio would enforce the obvious idea that these are really just Mega Unown X, Y and Z.

that makes no sense, Mega evolution is in battle and temporary, plus Unown are not considered legendary and these guys are officially listed on the XY site as legendary pokemon.

I'm all up for calling them the Ragnarok Trio, even if the theories about the basis of the trio being based on Norse Mythology can be considered flimsy at most. But hey, I love me some Norse Mythology and the Ragnarok Trio name sounds pretty damn badass.

Axis Trio.

It's the simplest and the closest as it references their naming (X-Y-Z), and the overall (vague) 'dimensions' theme of X/Y.
I'm pretty sure Masuda mentioned it in an interview not too long ago - that some of X/Y was built around the theme of different people meeting and that being a reference to the X/Y axis.

Wrong twilight. It's talking about the time of day between day and night, not stupid extremely-fake vampires and stupid extremely-fake werewolves.

Oh, I know. I'm being sarcastic. :p

Axis Trio.

It's the simplest and the closest as it references their naming (X-Y-Z), and the overall (vague) 'dimensions' theme of X/Y.
I'm pretty sure Masuda mentioned it in an interview not too long ago - that some of X/Y was built around the theme of different people meeting and that being a reference to the X/Y axis.

Oh, I know. I'm being sarcastic. :p

But again, Axis can bring up bad WWII Nazi invading France juju.

Also...You made me kill another Phione TT_TT

Oh, and Official Nintendo Magazine speaks about the lack of a Trio (not the mascot trio, but a trio like the birds, beasts, golems, lake and Kami trios) its on page 7. Maybe the trios are in the locked facilities of the power plant? Its weird there is no known trio yet.
3DS Feature: 9 unsolved mysteries of Pokemon X and Y - Official Nintendo Magazine

I don't really see it, I mean Yveltal is chaos for sure, but Zygarde is Order and Xerneas is life, so it doesn't make much sense.

huh....of all the Dexter references, you use one not from the serial killer one TT_TT

well, its a well known reference and its awesome. also i cant recall any french reference from the dark passanger, sorry to dissapoint you

Re: Kalos Legendary Trio Title Discussion Thread

So far, from the posts and the poll...which I wish I could delete or edit...Ragnarok Trio and Circle of Life Trio are the most popular. Followed by Nature Trio, Life Trio and Mortality Trio.

based on some of the responses to the Ragnarok name, these guys could be confirmed to have nothing to do with Norse mythology by gamefreak today, and people would still want to name them that because it sounds cool lol.

Huh, would have never caught the Norse mythology reference without this thread!

Back
Top Bottom