• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kalos Legendary Trio Title Discussion Thread (New Poll)

Which name do you like?

• Total voters
Re: Kalos Legendary Trio Title Discussion Thread

Yeah, I think Cartesian Trio is a great fit here. If fits the X-Y aspect, and it also fits the game being set in a PokéFrance.

Ragnarok or Cartesian sounds the most accurate for them.

The Aura Trio or the Kalos Trio are definitely the best fit for the name imo. They both short, simple to understand, and can be easily reasoned out with the game information alone.

Ok, I think we have enough data to generate a narrowed down list of names for a poll. Shame I can't delete the poll at the top and make a new one.

Poll

Votes: 5
  1. Ragnarok Trio 0%
  2. Aura Trio 80%
  3. Circle of Life/Life Trio 0%
  4. Cartesian Trio 10%
  5. Balance Trio 0%

Ok, so pick ONE name off this list, and I will tally them up. I'm only gathering more data with this poll, the top forerunner will not be the official name for the trio or anything, only the fans can decide that. I just want to get a better grasp on what people like.

Also, I am still interested in any names any one here has heard these three called outside of this thread.

Last edited:
I'm still leaning towards Aura Trio the most, so well, Aura Trio for me.

Last edited:
If this is gonna be a "post to vote" poll then it'd be best to put your choice in bold for easier counting.

Gonna stick with Aura Trio.

Circle of Life Trio seems too long of a name. Balance Trio doesn't narrow itself enough to these Pokemon and can easily be applied to other existing legendaries. Ragnarok Trio is trying to narrow itself way too much on one inspiration for these legends when the name should instead be narrowing in on a much more prominent basis for the trio, such as the Cartesian Trio. And Cartesian Trio is a pretty great name and all but a trio name can definitely benefit from being as short and snappy as possible.

Last edited:
Ok then so far we have 5 voters

Poll

Votes: 6
  1. Ragnarok Trio 0%
  2. Aura Trio 83.34%
  3. Circle of Life/Life Trio 0%
  4. Cartesian Trio 16.66%
  5. Balance Trio 0%

Last edited:
I'm placing Aura Trio for my vote, but you added up the previous totals wrong. At five votes, four for Aura, one for the other one, Aura got a correct percentage at 80%, but the other one should be 20%, not 10%. And now it'll be 16.67% (rounded to the nearest hundredth, otherwise 16.6 repeated).

I'm placing Aura Trio for my vote, but you added up the previous totals wrong. At five votes, four for Aura, one for the other one, Aura got a correct percentage at 80%, but the other one should be 20%, not 10%. And now it'll be 16.67% (rounded to the nearest hundredth, otherwise 16.6 repeated).
oops, pressed the 1 by accident. That should teach me to type in the dark without one of those glowing keyboards lol. Thanks for the heads up, I'll fix it right away.

It would seem that the reign of Ragnarok is coming to a close lol.

Aura Trio continues to be the fav on the poll thus far.

While I like Circle of Life trio myself, I am dead set against Life Trio since it doesn't do justice to the trio. I mean only one is life, the other death/destruction and one of balance. Unfortunately people tend to think the same way with Mortality, only with death not just life. Mortality does not mean death per se, but the state of being alive but susceptible to the laws of death. Plus Xerneas grants immortality while Yveltal takes away life and Zygarde keeps the two balance so that neither side gains too much power. but i guess that last part could be considered speculatory since we haven't gotten much in terms of these guys roles.

I am starting to think that Game Freak rushed these games so much that they failed to give us the basic info we normally would get before the third version/sequel version of the games.

If I was a betting man, they might dwell into these guys in the anime way before the next games come out. Hopefully they're already working on them and trying better and no rushing.

Aura Trio is the nicest name in my opinion but Cartesian Trio is probably more fitting, so Ive picked both.

lol well I'll just put Aura trio with a * by Cartesian Trio

so far, 88.89% for Aura, 11.11% for Cartesian. or if we count your second vote for Cartesian, its back to 80% Aura 20% Cartesian.

To all concerned, At the moment I am collecting the votes into a Excel file and will update the poll on the front page daily so that I don't spam the forum with tons of edits.

I voted other, because I have seen no indication of what this "trio" is up to other than appearing to be connected with the Sun Dial, all the other trios have names based in some way or another on what they do or are or rule over. If anything I'd call them the Kalos Trio, or the Mega Trio because all I know is that they are a trio and they are from Kalos, and they are related to something that is related to mega evolution...

I voted other, because I have seen no indication of what this "trio" is up to other than appearing to be connected with the Sun Dial, all the other trios have names based in some way or another on what they do or are or rule over. If anything I'd call them the Kalos Trio, or the Mega Trio because all I know is that they are a trio and they are from Kalos, and they are related to something that is related to mega evolution...

That poll's not being used anymore, and if you're talking about Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa, this discussion's about Xerneas, Yvetal, and Zygarde, not them.

I think I'd apply the same to the "known" legendaries to be honest, none of what's up there really...fits. So ehhh?

Back
Top Bottom