• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kalosian nobility and the french revolution

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
hi guys, does anyone else think it's odd that Kalos of all places has a nobility system, considering that it's based on France? France is pretty much the last place where i'd expect to find nobility with any meaningful role in society. cause y'know, Liberté Égalité Fraternité and all that stuff. The Kalosian nobility should have lost their heads years ago.

in a way it sort of seems like they did, or at least their power. but we're never told a whole lot abt revolutionary kalos - for all we know, the revolution could have been replaced with their war with a neighbor. it does also seem like they fell into the same united banner the rest of the regions are under. i'm arguing semantics here, ik, but we do have a national dex, and it hasn't been subdivided beyond region, which leads me to believe every region we see in the games is part of one giant unnamed country (possibly global, in the same manner as those seen in a lot of space-faring sci-fi stories??).

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom