• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kanto IS in HGSS; discussion

Politoed666

#winning
Reaction score
Well, it's been confirmed, as you can see on Bulbanews. The Kanto region will be accessible in HGSS.

Of course, you can go to Bulbanews for the full story. Discuss.

EDIT: I don't want to here anyone else complaining about this thread. It's a good thing. See post 35.

Last edited:
Well, it's been confirmed, as you can see on Bulbanews. The Kanto region will be accessible in HGSS.

Of course, you can go to Bulbanews for the full story. Discuss.

Discuss what -_-

How utterly stupid the doubt about its inclusion was?

I don't even see why its inclusion counts as headline news. I mean Sevii Island inclusion, or the incredibly unlikely inclusion of Hoenn or the Orange Islands. That's noteworthy.

The inclusion of half of a game in its remake isn't.

Yeah, I mean... what is there to discuss? We have a thread, albeit a two-month-old one, about speculations for HgSs Kanto. We should be using that.

Right after I had bet on Sinnoh being in HGSS, too.

Settle down. Kanto was a huge part of Gold and Silver, it's been stated. Is it worth a thread? Maybe when we see more screens and shit of it, we'll WANT this thread.

You guys are so mean for no reason.

Yes we are mean for saying its stupid to actually need proof for something that was no doubt going to be there.

Yes we are mean for saying its stupid to actually need proof for something that was no doubt going to be there.

I don't even know who you are.

who are you.

why are you trying to start an argument.

The word that we wanted was finally told.

KANTO KONFIRMED!

So all Kanto axing believers will now STFU!

That Magnet Train animation will certainly kill my *ekhm* console.

Also, the Vermilion Harbor (and the Olivine one probably too) got design-raped. In the original, you could Surf there and catch some Lv. 35-40 Tentacools and Tentacruels (I just meet a shiny one there, but had no PokeBalls, talk about unlucky). Now you can't... Anyway, that NPC who says "So, you came from Johto?" was there in original.

Last edited:
The port did not get design raped at all in olivine. I bet you still need to walk underground to get to the boat and for the Kanto dude have you ever thought you need to pass through the gate then to the boat?

Also, the Vermilion Harbor (and the Olivine one probably too) got design-raped. In the original, you could Surf there and catch some Lv. 35-40 Tentacools and Tentacruels (I just meet a shiny one there, but had no PokeBalls, talk about unlucky). Now you can't... Anyway, that NPC who says "So, you came from Johto?" was there in original.

You know...it's not like Tentacool and Tentacruel are a rare species...they're kind of everywhere.

But stillz teh nostalgiaz....ITS ROOEENEED!

You know...it's not like Tentacool and Tentacruel are a rare species...they're kind of everywhere.

Of course. I never said that the remapping of Harbor ruins my view of HGSS, or something. I just had to notice that.

But I'll never be able to catch the Shiny one there again...

That's where I caught my Chinchou D:
Oh fuck that's right. I doubt they would take out the chincou fishing spot in Olivine man. Just vermillion's port seems changed.

Are you serious? Was there really people who thought Kanto wouldn't be included? I thought it was pretty obvious that it would be included ever since HGSS were announced. It was a huge part of GSC, there's no way it would have been removed. Can someone who thought it would be removed please come on here and state their logic?

Are you serious? Was there really people who thought Kanto wouldn't be included? I thought it was pretty obvious that it would be included ever since HGSS were announced. It was a huge part of GSC, there's no way it would have been removed. Can someone who thought it would be removed please come on here and state their logic?

Look on the old thread... many people weren't at all sure after receiving no leaks or hints about this one way or another until now. By the way, your grammar is incorrect. It should be "were there people" instead of "was there people."

And for anyone asking why I started a new thread about this, it's because it's a *huge* deal to those of us who are excited about the game. Before this, there was absolutely no evidence that it would be in the game, so it was pure speculation to comment one way or another. As for the old thread, it's ancient and it's full of crap AND it's based on the pretense that we don't know whether Kanto will be there. And that's now invalid.

By the way, I'm closing the old thread as it has run its course.

Yeah, I mean... what is there to discuss? We have a thread, albeit a two-month-old one, about speculations for HgSs Kanto. We should be using that.

No, we shouldn't, for reasons stated above. :/

Absolutely no evidence? You mean other than the fact it was marketed as a Gold and Silver remake?

So I'm guessing this is just what we expect to see in Kanto. I don't see how this won't be full of speculation of what they may have changed since we know nothing but...

...I really hope that the Museum and Safari Zone get re-opened after you beat Red on Mt. Silver. After all, the Museum was just in renovation and the Warden was on vacation.

They can probably put in new exhibits with post Gen-II fossils aswell as putting the fossil revival machine in there (since you can trade fossils from DP). It would also be cool if there were some Cinabar scientists in there to add to the story.

As for the Safari Zone, its return with some Hoenn and a few Sinnoh Pokemon, aswell as new Pokemon in the zoo.

I'm glad it will be in the game, I didn't think it wouldn't be anyway.

Back
Top Bottom