• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kanto/Johto Sequels

Johto Variants

Mahuhita and Hariyama (Fighting/Ghost):
Immigrants from Hoenn brought these Pokémon over with them to Ecruteak City.
They settled in the burned tower and began training there, but little did the immigrants know is that the spiritual energy in the burned tower caused the Pokémon to gain the ghost type.

Bidoof and Bibarel (Grass and Grass/Water): These pokemon adapted extremely well in the Ilex Forest, as a result the vegetation in the forest became one with this Pokemon’s Body.

Larvesta and Volcarona (Bug/Dragon): The larvesta were brought over from Unova to be in the Safari Zone, but they broke out of their confinement and spread over Johto. Thankfully the local predators took care of them before they could cause any serious ecological damage. With nowhere else to go, the remaining population fled into the dragons den in Blackthorn city. There, they feasted on the dragon scales shed by Pokémon such as dragonair, this turning them into dragon types themselves. The Johtonian Volcorona is said to be one of the most beautiful Pokémon in the world.

Woobat and Swootbat (Dark/Flying): When these Pokémon set up shop in the dark cave, they adapted accordingly by improving their echolocation and developing dirtier tactics to catch prey.

Heliopetile and Heliolisk (Electric/Water): These pokemon were brought in to be a part of the safari zone. But a few individuals escaped and adapted quite well from the watery areas of route 48 and the sea foam islands.

Comfey (Psychic): Due to the abundance of Poison types in Kanto and johto, Comfey had to adapt in order to defend itself.

Literally any theory on this thread would be more ambitious than what we got.

This was a wild ride for this thread and I think it’s time to say bye bye to it.

Too much appeal to Gen I purists. I dunno if they would have liked a sequel or not. But Gosh, another Kanto game that only has the first 151 Pokémon? Wasn't that a big complaint about FRLG? Or GF doesn't care because the games will sell tons anyways. They can still add the other generations as paid DLC because they know lots will buy it.

Too much appeal to Gen I purists. I dunno if they would have liked a sequel or not. But Gosh, another Kanto game that only has the first 151 Pokémon? Wasn't that a big complaint about FRLG? Or GF doesn't care because the games will sell tons anyways. They can still add the other generations as paid DLC because they know lots will buy it.
I don't think that they will make people pay for the post-gen 1 Pokemon.

Admittedly, I would like to play through Kanto with all inter-generational evolutions and Alolan forms available. Not now (Kanto pandering can take a back seat for now, especially with Let's Go coming soon), but some time in the future. Kantonian families are a lot more colorful than they were several years ago and I'd like to experience that. Also, yes-a new story with new Gym Leaders and such would be grand.

Man, I just wanted the Sevii islands to come back if we had to return to Kanto. But instead we just got Yellow Version split in two with pokemon go slapped onto it. I never even liked yellow version to the point I didn't even ask for it when it came out. My brother did, but never finished it as far as I remember. Blehhhhhh! Maybe when we get a real Future game set in Kanto we'll get to see it in the future where red and green are adults and stuff and we'll get to visit the sevii islands again. And Kanto will have more in it than copy paste towns.

Personally, as much as I semi-enjoy being on the Kanto train, there comes a point where it gets to be a tad too much.

Hoping LGPE is the last we see of Kanto for the forseeable future. Not saying anything about LGPE itself in particular, but I can only take so much of re-visiting Kanto.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom