• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kanto Legacies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tye Taylors

You Know The Name
Reaction score
Welcome To Kanto!
Your own legacy is about to unfold...

It was a quiet fall morning in Pallet Town as trainers gathered to kick off the season leading up to this year's Indigo Plateau Tournament. Today was the day during which all the new trainers gathered in Pallet to register for the league. After today, the budding trainers would set out to defeat all 8 gyms in Kanto and thus qualify for tournament entry.
Some time had passed now, and nearly all the trainers had already been to the Pokemon Center to register and were long gone out of Pallet Town. However, a few trainers still lingered as they were the last ones to arrive...
So, we set our scene following those few trainers as they start their legacies on this chilly fall morning in the town of Pallet...

Tye Taylors had been waiting for nearly an hour in line just to get to the desk of the Pokemon Center so that he could register. Finally, he had made his way to the front where the nurse working the booth scanned his trainer card and gave him a badge case. Now that that ordeal had finished, he made his way outside and released his Cyndaquil from it's pokeball in the open yard in front of the Pokemon Center. "Sorry I had to keep you all cooped up Cynder, but there were lots of people in there" the little Cyndaquil just looked up and smiled replying with a friendly "Cynda". Tye knelt down and stroked Cynder's head, looking up as he petted the Pokemon, he saw a girl sitting on a bench not to far away.
-------
Destiny Miles was a beautiful girl of merely 16, she had finished her registration much earlier as she had arrived extra early. She now simply relaxed on a bench out in front of the Pokemon Center with her Eevee in her lap. The shy girl was just relaxing before she headed out, brushing Lodestar's hair while smiling down at the Eevee. Lodestar purred gently.

Last edited:
Becca Williams had finally registered at the Pokemon Center desk, her Eevee, Shadow, perched on her shoulder. Thanking the Nurse for helping her and giving her a badge case. Letting out a sigh of relief, she patted Shadow on his head and proceeded to take a seat in the lobby. Hopping into her lap, Becca proceeded to stroke the Evolution Pokemon. Becca grabbed her bag and then pulled out a pink Poffin which Shadow ate happily.

Lequan entered the pokemon center rather silently, there wasn't a reason for him to say much aside from registration. His arrival here would be classified as reckless...the boy was riding around town on an onix like it was nobody's business not too long ago! Of course it caused a commotion.

An onix wasnt..what you'd really see a trainer start out with, but Lequan's was..a tad dear to him. After registering he gave Nurse Joy a confirming nod, and proceeded to look around. "Kind of..cosy." he states as he notices a trainer feeding her evee. Lequan approaches. "You're evee looks very happy. A sign that your raising it well no doubt."

((Edited, too early for me to post so vague.))

Last edited:
"Thanks, this is Shadow." Becca replied. "And my name's Becca." "Eevee." Shadow greeted Lequan, with his tail wagging.

Lequan crouched, and petted the Evee on the head. Seconds later, looking back at Becca he spoke. "My names Lequan, and my prartner..well he's a bit too large to fit in a pokemon center without causing a commotion. Of course...I..already made a ruckus outside with my onix not too long ago." He scratched the back if his head.

"So that's what that ruckus was." Becca laughed. "Are you going to participate in the Indigo League as well?" She asked while Eevee leapt back up on Becca's lap.

"Yeah, I thought I might at least attempt to, but its not really my main goal... " Lequan nodded. "Matter of fact, I already registered. I assume you did as well?" He asks, while taking notice of a few other trainer's in the center with them.

Tristan Reilly was not one to hurry - he almost always took his time. Today counted for an experience outside his comfort zone so it would be only suiting that his brisk speed and lightly panicked expression reflected this. He was late for registration and he knew it all too well. Some of his belongings rattled about in his backpack as he burst into a short run. This was due to the fact that the Pokémon Center was at last in sight, and visibly open, so perhaps he hadn't missed out yet! Despite his calm exterior, for some reason, every potentially negative scenario that could be the result of today's excursions had replayed in his imagination over and over again. Tristan had pushed it from his mind for now and as he strode into the Pokémon center, he allowed himself to breathe easy and relax.

Registration didn't take long. Having no notion as to how to occupy himself for the time being, Tristan found himself gazing across the room and spotted two people who appeared to be around his own age. Deliberating over whether to approach them or not, there was a burst of noise as Tristan's Nidoran popped out of Tristan's open satchel which he had thrown loosely over his shoulder. Giving a big yawn, he too focused on the other trainers and grew jittery and excited, prodding Tristan gently in the ribs. Tristan, realizing that any lack of socializing would result in an increased level of persistance from Nidoran, found himself walking nervously over to the two trainers he had spotted previously.

"Er, hi," said Tristan apprehensively. "I'm Tristan." Nidoran gave an interruptive squeak as he hopped out of the satchel energetically and landed on the floor, perfectly visible to all. "And this is Nidoran. I take it you've registered for the Indigo League?"

Last edited:
"That'd be correct." Becca smiled back. "I'm Becca and that Eevee is my partner, Shadow."

Tristan returned a weak smile. "Nice to meet you Becca... and Shadow." Unsure of what to say, he wracked his brains but this whole easy breezy conversing thing didn't come entirely naturally to him. "So, er, where are you guys from?"

Nidoran let out an enthusiastic yelp and approached Shadow the Eevee curiously and in a friendly manner. He was better at this than Tristan was.

"I'm from Saffron City." Becca replied. "How about you?"

Eevee waved high before he tried to playfully rough house with Nidoran.

"Well, im not from a particular town really. I was raised with my parents at a home near the rock tunnel..." Lequan felt a bit akward saying that due to..personal reasons, and the fact that they might think he's weird.

"I'm from just across the way, Viridian City. We didn't have to make a major trek to get here which helps but maybe we should be more athletically prepared for a trip around the whole region," said Tristan.

At this, Nidoran whipped his head around and gave an indignant 'Nido!' as if to say that he wasn't the unfit one, before returning to his game. He jumped up on to the seat beside Becca and squeaked happily at Shadow.

Tristan raised his eyebrows. "The Rock Tunnel? I heard that place is totally inaccessible, hardly anybody uses it." His instinct told him that this boy was swerving around the question but he let it go.

"Well yeah, its pretty dark in there, thats why they say its inaccessible, but it's not." Lequan explains. "Oh, id show you my partner, but he's a tad too big to fit in here without causing trouble. He's an onix."

One of the trainers was a boy named Joshua "Josh" Knobel. He was on the start of his jouney with his starter Pokemon Tepig. Tepig was following her best friend and master Joshua. The two of them made a perfect team as they were the best of friends.

"You doing well, Tepig, buddy?"m Joshua asked

"Tepif, Tep." Tepig replied as she nodded to Koshua's question

They continued walking along their way on their journey

Grey Welles walked triumphantly up to the sliding doors of the Pokemon Center, his hands in his pockets, the amber glow of the setting sun reflecting perfectly off of his silver watch. Grace, a petite but rambunctious Mienfoo stood confidently at his side, secretly excited, but making sure she only showed her determination rather than her anxiousness. The doors obediently spread open and Grey took a step inside, beaming slyly, his piercing yellow eyes roaming around the room, sizing up what little competition there was left.

"Fear not, everyone!" he implored loudly, making his way to the front desk. "Mr. Welles has arrived..."

Grace shoved her fist into the air and peeped eagerly. "Foo!!"

Grey wasted no time in registering, though he made sure to let the nurse know how gorgeous he thought she was, which made the Mienfoo cringe and roll her eyes. Satisfied, Grey tucked his new badge case into the pocket of his sleek blazer and slid his trainer card back into his expensive, black leather wallet.

"Well, Grace," he said, looking at his partner and grinning widely. "Looks like we're official. So what do you say. Are you ready for this?"

The Mienfoo hopped up eagerly and matched her partner's wide grin with one of her own, offering him her tiny fist with another excited chirp. Grey grinned even more and knocked his fist against hers before ruffling her fur one the top of her head playfully, causing her to giggle uncharacteristically.

"Hell yeah! Watch out, Kanto... Because here we come..."

"I should really be more focused on time but as they say fashionably late" a young woman muttered to herself as she waltzed her way into the Pokemon Center. She was standing behind what she seemed to be a very loud male in front of her. However this young woman was very pretty, actually many say as extremely pretty. Standing at just under 6ft, the teen was wearing simple white top with a dark red jacket with a black ballerina skirt with black leggings and black slip-ons as well. She had extremely dark brown eyes with massive eyelashes and dark eyeliner working with her light brown hair in a perfect fringe. Her name is Iris Shepard, who hails from Saffron City even though her heart was in Hoenn. Iris was here to start her journey even though she was waiting behind what seemed to shorter then her and was some reason wearing a suit. Iris would make a joke about it but she was not really the humorous person.

"Hmm maybe this outfit wasn't the best idea" Iris muttered to herself as she took over her red coat and tied it around her hips, kind of making her chest a lot bigger than it actually was but her reasoning was due to it being too hot for her. "Maybe a skirt would work better" she thought to herself but decided to just wait in line until Iris could finish with registration.

Destiny had heard quite the commotion, first an Onix tearing its way up toward the Pokemon Center, now a boy screaming inside. However this hardly unnerved her because they kept their distance as she sat on the bench across from the Pokemon Center. By this time her Eevee, Lodestar, had fallen asleep in her lap.
---------
Tye had noticed a girl walk past as he looked up from petting his Cyndaquil, no doubt here to register like the other trainers. She however, had caught his attention with her unique dress style. He decided not to think to much of it as his Cyndaquil hopped onto his back, he got to his feet as Cynder sat in his backpack. "Certainly are a lot of trainers out and about today" he mentioned to himself as he stood outside, right next to the door of the Pokemon Center.

Joshua and Tepig finally got to Virdian City and they got to the Pokemon Center. " You ready Tepig?" Joshua asks. Tepig nodded to Joshua to answer yes

With that, Joshua and Tepig walked into the Pokemon Center. it did look like Tepig needed to be healed as they made it to the desk where Nurse Joy was

"Hello there, Nurse Joy. I'm Joshua. Would you mind checking on my Tepig please?" Joshua asks Nurse Joy while his Tepig was standing by his feet

Last edited:
"There always are. It is like a start of a season" Iris added, she was actually surprised that she was actually taller than most people here except for this guy. "I would think there are different personalities" Iris was always more astute, stoic and calm as that showed in her voice which was feminine and calm at the same time, in a way soothing. "Hmm nice Cyndaquil" Iris looked at the Pokemon and then the guy "However cargo jeans? Not so much...sorry I am very picky about fashion, trends always change so I'm on top of that" Iris added with a little smile.

"Hopefully this doesn't take this long but I can't blame them with this many people" Iris knew that she was a leadership, there was a sense that aura when you just hear her speak and look at her body language. "Hi...I'm Iris Shepard"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom