• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kanto Legacies

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well today sure was a bust,"Clayton thought to himself as he and Sawyer sat on a bench in the lobby of the Viridian City pokemon center. "I mean really," he exclaimed to no one in particular,"how can you be a gym leader if your gym is always closed?" He leaned back on the bench with a huff, crossed his arms, and glared at his empty badge case. "I should be staring at my first badge right now, but if what that old man said is true then I'd have better luck getting a photo of a wild Zorua than waiting for that gym to open up. "I'm really not so much mad at the gym," this time addressing Sawyer,"I'm mad at myself for not having had the presence of mind to ask at here at the center if the gym was open. Had I done that we could have been half-way to Pewter City by now."

The Sawk gave him a sympathetic pat on the shoulder.

Clayton let out an annoyed sigh, "I guess you're right, we're stuck here for the night anyway; may as well make the best of it and head out in the morning." The badge case let out a small click as he closed it and placed it within a pocket inside his denim jacket, "Keep an eye on the stuff Sawyer, I'm gonna see about getting us beds for the night." "I wonder if they have a battle club here? Would be nice to battle someone today so it wouldn't be a complete waste."

Iris looked at Destiny "Alright let's find a hotel then. I was being serious" Iris then ran down the hill and made her way down to Viridian City. "I don't know what the guys are going to do but I need a hotel" she looked around until she found a hotel however the issue was that it was mainly a hotel that was not for Pokemon. Iris had to think of something which she managed to. All she thought that was needed to be done was to hide her Pokemon and then find a way to feed it however that wouldn't have worked. She tired to think of many ways to do that until she figured there was no point.

"Pokemon Center it...is" she sighed with a defeated tone in her voice. The beautiful tall brunette trudged her way towards the Pokemon Center.

Joshua stopped walking suddenly as he felt something in his body. He didn't understand what was happening, but it did seem to really hurt him a lot

"Ow. What's happening to me? I don't feel to well all of a sudden." Joshua says in a strained voice

With no other ideas, Joshua ran back to the Pokemon Center

"Wait Iris" Destiny called after her, "Do you really want to stay here?" She said standing in the doorway of the Hotel. "I think I could make arrangements" She laughed to herself, looking up to the hotel. Now it comes in handy that my father owns a hotel chain...
-------
Tye walked into the Pokemon Center, seeing a boy with a Sawk. "Hey" He said with a casual wave as walked up to the counter of the Center.

OOC:To All New Members: Jump in at the Pokemon Center, the Gym Season has started and thus you need to sign-up for the league at the desk which you can do at any Pokemon Center.

Joshua got back to the Pokemon Center and he seemed to have gotten back to feeling like his old self when he got inside

"Tepig, Te?" ?Tepig asked looking at Joshua a bit worried

"I'm ok Tepig, back to my old self, pal." Joshua says as he sits in a chair

It had been a long and difficult journey from Saffron City for Kay. He had figured that the quickest way to Viridian City was to head directly west, through Celadon City and onward from there. That was where his path became far more difficult as there were no roads that connected Celadon and Viridian directly. It was true that he could have simply gone the long way around, heading north to Cerulean City, through Mount Moon and south from Pewter City. But that path would have taken far longer than Kay would care for. But he was here now, in Viridian City. He had travelled for days, making his way through dense forest and narrow paths and had arrived in good time.

The first stop had been the Pokemon Centre. Here, he rested, had something to eat, had something for Koffing to eat and restocked his "First Aid Kit", something he had long since learned to travel with. It consisted primarily of Antitodes, Burn Heals and Paralysis Heals as well as a few bottles of plain water. Kay had long since learned that water was often as effective - if not more so - than potions and they were available for only a fraction of the price. Besides, Koffing had rarely been so seriously injured that he would need medicine. This First Aid Kit he travelled with was purely for precaution.

During his stay here, he also took a moment to sign up for the Pokemon League. Viridian City had been a deliberate choice for Kay. He was aware of the Pokemon Gym that was in this city and he had at first intended to challenge this gym first. But upon signing up for the Pokemon League, he was told that the Viridian Gym Leader had left quite some time ago and the Gym itself had been closed ever since. This annoyed Kay greatly.

"I might as well taken the road to Cerulean City after all." He muttered to himself as he sat at table, idly spinning Koffing's Pokeball across its surface. "I could have headed directly to Pewter City. I wouldn't have needed to cut through the words." He sighed. "Oh well. How was I supposed to know anyway?"

Jon finally made it to the top of the route which oversaw Viridian City, and stood up in an awakened state from his run up the path. As he looked outwards with his Charmander colleague next to him, they both marveled at the bright green view which the town and its nearby forest emanated. He quickly came down the side of the hill and ran towards the city's Pokémon Center, in which he intended to register himself as a Trainer for the upcoming Indigo League Conference.

Once they arrived, Jon walked in, stood by the registration counter, brought out his Charmander's Poké Ball, set down his backpack, and signed up for it. He thought about how tough the Gym Leader for the city was supposed to be; Jon remembered having listened to his friends during several occasions as they conversed about how he's supposed to be the most powerful Gym Leader in the world, how he really didn't take any of his opponents seriously until they conquered all the other 7 Gym Leaders of Kanto, and how he used to be the Champion after he proved his strength to the world by defeating Lance before he lost to the mythically powerful Pokémon Trainer, Red. Jon resolved far before to not spend the moment in a delusional attempt to defeat him, but instead to train his Charmander, overcome every other Leader in the region firstly, and become as powerful as he can with his Team in whatever he does.

"Nothing wrong with a Pokemon Center, aside from it possibly being crowded. Then again, I lived near a cave for most of my life." Lequan scratched his head. Climbing off of onix he stretched.

"That walk satisfy you enough onix? Wouldn't want to cause trouble here again so...return." Seconds later, onix went back into his pokeball.

"Hi there," said Clayton to Nurse Joy as he approached the counter, "I was wondering if you had any beds left for the night."

"Why of course we do," she replied cheerily, "I'll just need to see your trainer card so we can get you checked in."

He handed over his card and let his mind wander as she typed away on the keyboard. He wondered how his parents were doing. Their work on Route 4 had ended a few weeks before he'd left, and they had said something about working with a Professor Juniper on the Chargestone Caverns. Sarah would have set off on another photo expedition by now; probably dragging Gloria and Lauren with her in the process. Hopefully she left Trubber behind at the daycare outside of Striaton. He never was one for those trips, and he always did seem to enjoy the time he spent with the elderly couple who ran the place.

A "Hey" from behind him broke his train of thought. He turned to see a guy at least a solid foot taller than him approaching with a friendly hand wave.

"Hey there as well, glad to finally run into another trainer."

Tye smiled as he to handed his Trainer Card to Nurse Joy, "I'd like a room too please" He said as he turned back to Clayton. "Oh, haven't seen to many trainers?" Tye asked.

"Not really, we were one of the first ones out of Pallet Town this morning but after that everyone seemed to kind of go in their own direction. Suppose we should have followed them to avoid wasting time here with a closed Gym." He mentally kicked himself again for not checking ahead of time. "I'm Clayton, by the way, and the blue guy on the bench over there is my partner Sawyer," he said extending a hand.

"Arrangements? Normally I would care to be all detective and stuff but I'll take it as long as it is not worse than the Pokemon Center" Iris smiled after Destiny suggested "Alright let's check in after you can get us in and then sort out the Pokemon League sign up forms to boot as well" Iris smiled "Plus the quicker this takes, the quicker I can sort out my hair" and then she looked at her outfit "And my outfit"

She followed Destiny.

After he registered to become an official Pokémon Trainer and obtained a room in which to remain until tomorrow, he went outside with his Charmander and wandered around out to Route 22. They decided they should probably train for the Gym in Pewter City. The type of that city was blatantly Rock, and Charmander would definitely need to get stronger for it. Jon was hoping, if he trained with him well enough, his Charmander might evolve into Charmeleon and actually be able to battle other Pokémon significantly. As they trained together in their endeavors to build their power and skill, they encountered a few less common Pokémon which were nice to see, such as Nidoran, but they both really mainly hoped to find another Trainer.

Kay busied himself in a guide book he had picked up in Celadon City. He had taken a moment to take a look around at his surroundings. Other trainers had arrived about the same time he had, apparently here for the same reason he was. It really was not any business of his.

The Pewter City gym leader, he learned, used rock types. With Koffing as his only Pokemon, he had a difficult battle ahead of him. Consulting this guide book, he was able to surmise that there were very few Pokemon nearby that could effectively combat rock types. Viridian Forest was full of bug species. Mankey were known to inhabit the area nearby, but they were nortoriously difficult to catch.

Catching Pokemon was one thing Kay was not particularly good at.

He looked around again at the other trainers present, wondering what kind of Pokemon they intended to use against the Pewter City Gym Leader. There were a lot of Pokemon in this place, he thought to himself. Most of them in their Poke Balls, in a room somewhere, completely unguarded. It would be easy just to take one while no one was looking...

"...But that, of course, would be illegal." He said with a sigh.

Joshua seemed to be resting while sitting in the chair as well as having some flashbacks to his early life

Flashback starts

In the flashback, there is a younger looking Joshua talking to someone, a girl hidden in the shadows

"You can't treat me like this! Think of all the good times we had together!" Joshua says in desperation

The girl just frowns at him in disgust

"Those days between the two of us are long gone, Joshy Josh! I've had enough with you! We're through!" The girl says as the flashback ends

Flashback ends

"I'll prove to her I'm not worthless!" Joshua thinks to himself

Destiny walked up to the counter and whipped out her cell phone after talking to the greeter behind the desk for a minute. The phone rang before a voice picked up and the conversation began. "Daddy? Hi...yeah dad...yeah, everything is great, we are in Viridian and I was kind of wonder-" The voice on the phone cut her off. Destiny smiled with excitement "Really!? Yay, thank you Daddy." She hung up the phone an slid it back into her pocket. Destiny then turned back to Iris with a smile, "Bad news is we have to share a room...Good news is I got us a room, the Presidential Suite, which has multiple bedrooms, so we should be fine" She laughed, Lodestar looked up at her trainer and barked happily.
---------
Tye reached out and shook the trainer's hand, "Pleasure to meet you, I'm Tye Taylors and this is Cynder" He said, using his thumb to point to the Cyndaquil on his back. "So, just started your journey to, eh?"
---------
OOC: Just for a recap, everyone should be in, or around Viridian as I planned some things for Viridian Forest before Pewter.

After they trained throughout the duration of several hours, Jon headed back to Viridian City with Charmander. Once they made it back, they were completely worn out. Jon quickly walked up to the nurse, returned Charmander to his Poké Ball, set it on the counter, and asked her to heal him. Then Jon sent out Charmander and they headed to their room, hoping for some rest.

Last edited:
"Yeah, Sawyer and I just arrived here from Unova a few days ago. We're hoping to make it through the gym circuit in time for the Indigo league, and hopefully get some great shots of pokemon to add to my portfolio while we're at it." He made a mental note to be sure and charge his camera that night. He hadn't done so since leaving Unova, and he'd hate to be caught with a dead battery when a great opportunity presented itself. "What about you and Cynder? I'd hazard a guess that you're not from Kanto either."

"Your father owns these hotels? Sweeet" Iris squealed in delight. "I call the high rollers one...wait we aren't in Celedon, anyway I call the bigger bed cause I'm taller" Iris ran as fast as she could...not realizing there was no key, so she couldn't open the door. "God Dammit" she sighed waiting outside for Destiny to at least rock upstairs with the keys.

"Sharing rooms isn't a problem." Lequan shrugged. "Probably way better than my room back home either way." He added, not coming from a wealthy family. His parents lived off the land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom