• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kanto Legacies

Status
Not open for further replies.
"H-Hey! What was with that look just now? There's nothing wrong with the way I dress!...well...maybe my outfit has too many zippers..." His voice trailed off before returning his attention to the shady character. "Hatin on my size...." he mumbled.

For a moment, the smile slipped from Kay's face. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. His jacket? Really? That's what this was all about?

He sighed. "Alright, alright. You caught me." He said, raising each of his hands in the air in a submissive gesture. "It is true that I'm from Saffron City, but denim jackets aren't as popular as I say. But you already seem to know that." He took a breath and continued. "I got it from a second-hand clothes shop and I had hoped to save myself the embarrassment of being so hopelessly out of style. Please, forgive me for deceiving you."

Last edited:
"No that's not it. Your body language suggests something more sinster plus you a wearing a denim jacket but your eyes, your facial expression....I don't know what you have done but when I find out" Iris was a little serious as then she stared at him "Hmmm...." She then walked towards the center "Hmph"

Iris when it comes to people was very smart. Other things? Not so much. She walked into the center and looked around "I know something is up....oh well I'll eventually find out" she had to make a quick phone call and get some items (map) and register for the League

Kay looked back at her, his expression that of mild interest. He watched her as she walked past him and in to the Pokemon Centre. He was still confident that the pare of them only knew as much about him as they were letting on and so he tried to put it out of his mind. He started on the road to Pewter City, determined to stick to his plan; get as far away from this place as possible before anyone could figure out what had happened. But even as he walked, there was something that was nagging at the back of his mind...

That girl. She knew something was wrong. She didn't know how she knew and she didn't know what was wrong, but that much was apparent. It was possible - probable, actually - that she would stir up more trouble for him than he cared for. More than any of this was worth. It was just one lousy Pokemon, after all. He had the opportunity, he could have taken many more Pokemon if he saw fit.

He stopped in his tracks, thinking hard. After a moment's consideration, he had come to his decision. "Damn it." He muttered. He turned around and headed back to the Pokemon Centre. He went back inside and found the girl at the reception desk immediately. It looked like she was registering for the Pokemon League. He approached her, making certain to stand up straight and walk with a certain confidence - if she and her companion were so upset about his general demeanor. Still, this was going to demand something of him that he had in short supply; being nice.

"I thought you ought to know that the Viridian City Gym is closed. Looks like the Gym Leader decided to skip town or something. I had find out the hard way." He said. He paused for a moment and said. "I feel like we got off on the wrong foot and if it's all right with you, I'd like to start again." He continued, addressing Iris directly. "We're both from Saffron City, neither of us really know the area very well. Maybe we can help each other out. I'd like to be friends." He held out his hand. "I'm Kay."

Security Officer:

"Um excuse me son" Said a large man in his early thirties as he tapped Kay on the shoulder. He was much taller than the kids around him and wore a navy blue security uniform which donned a golden badge of authority. He had curly black hair which was covered by a ball cap which read 'security'. "I'd like to speak to you privately, I need you to come with me" Suggested the officer kindly as he looked up from the rapscallion to the young adults he was speaking with.
-------
Destiny:

Destiny was now alone in the hotel room, waiting for Iris to get back. After a few minutes she decided to shower while she waited, as Iris would want the bathroom later.
------
Tye:

Tye had turned away from Clayton to acknowledge the commotion which had been caused by the new entering trainers. He had noticed the security officer walk up, Hope things don't get rough... He thought to himself.

Clayton was about to thank Tye for agreeing to let he and Sawyer join him on the road to Pewter City when his attention, along with Tye's, was drawn to a group of rather rowdy trainers. They were arguing over something but whatever it was Clayton couldn't hear. When one the trainers left it looked like the argument was over; until the trainer who left returned,only moments later, and was approached shortly after by a security guard. "That's rarely a sign of something good," he thought to himself. While he'd been watching, Sawyer had walked silently over with the duffel bag on his back and Clayton's backpack slung over one shoulder. The Sawk nudged Clayton's side with an elbow to get his attention. With a "Hmm?" Clayton diverted his attention down to his partner who handed him his backpack.

"Oh, thanks buddy," he said quietly; returning his attention back to the unfolding scene.

Sawyer nudged him again, this time making a motion with his head towards the hallway leading to trainer rooms.

"We'll go get settled in a minute. I just need to wrap up our travel arrangements with Tye here and we'll be all set," he replied.

Tye looked over to Clayton, "Ummmm, sorry" He focused back on Clayton, "We'll leave in the morning, and we should make it through Viridian Forest by the end of tomorrow." Once again he turned to look at the security guard, I just hope... Tye's thought trailed off, I can't...

"Oh it's no problem, I'm just as curious about what's going on as you are."

Lequan eyed the security guard. 'Well...now we'll see if our suspicions are true.' He pondered still standing beside Iris.

Iris was not going to buy what that guy said and it did help that he got stopped by a security guard. "Whatever I'm going back I'll see you later" Iris said to Lequan as she made her way back to the hotel. It was a quick walk and she got back into the room and just flopped on a couch.

"Okay, bye." Lequan saw her off with a wave. He had to stay in the Pokemon center for the night, which wasnt a bad thing really. He shrugs, requesting a room from the nurse joy.

Great. Now security had arrived on the scene. It didn't take much effort for Kay to not be surprised because he wasn't. He knew the risks of coming back to the Pokemon Centre and being confronted by security was one of them. Still, the two mega-sleuths who had just registered for the Pokemon League were going their separate ways now. It would appear that they had been thrown off his trail. For now, anyway.

Now he just had to deal with this one security guard. The problem was that unlike Iris and Lequan, Kay had no idea how much this guy knew. But if he was here now, talking to him, it was probably a lot more. If that was true, the security guard was at least being courteous by not out-rightly accusing him. Something that Kay was grateful for.

"Oh, alright." Kay said to the two other trainers as they left. "I guess I'll see you another time."

He looked up at the officer again. "Certainly." He said in response. "Just, lead the way."

He would follow the officer with confidence. Say nothing of what he had done until he knew how much he knew. Which probably wasn't going to be easy, this man had obviously been doing this for a few years. And while Kay had hoped to avoid something like this, it was not something he was unprepared for. He was going to talk to the officer, insist upon his "innocence" and hopefully walk away. And if that didn't work, well...Kay could only hope that it would not come to that.

Last edited:
OOC: Once we get this whole security-thing wrapped up, we are going to Time-skip to tomorrow.

Security Guard:

The security guard led Kay back to his small work room which held an expensive PC on a desk with numerous monitors filling the wall above it. Each of the monitors had a different security camera's view on it. "Sit down please, I'm Stan" The guard said, motioning to the lone chair in the corner of the room.

The situation wasn't terrible as Kay had imagined. So far, Stan was being perfectly friendly and Kay found it difficult to feel remotely intimidated by him. On the other hand, he was fully aware that all this probably was not out of lack of trying. With this in mind, Kay was careful not to let his guard down. He was certain that Stan wouldn't.

"I'm Kay." He said in response as he sat down in the chair. The numerous monitors had not escaped his notice, but it was with a concerted effort that he did not look at them directly. "I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that I'm not here for no reason. Is something wrong?"

"Kay, one of our monitors happened to catch you in a restricted access room earlier" Stan said as he pulled up a chair to sit across from Kay. "Do you happen know anything about that?" He asked.

Kay thought for just a moment, feigning quite well a perplexed expression. "Restricted ar-- Oh!" he said, feigning the realisation too. "The room with the Poke Balls? Yes, I remember."

He had actually already prepared for this eventuality, though he had hoped that he had not needed to. This very situation he was in now was what his earlier charade in hall way had been for. He had quite literally been acting for the camera. He continued with his explanation. "I was, in fact, on my way to the rest room. Along the way, I was just idly tossing Koffing's Poke Ball in the air. But I tripped, dropped the Poke Ball and it ended up rolling in to that room. I did consider that the room probably was restricted, but the room was empty and I didn't want to lose Koffing just because a temporary loss of balance. I didn't figure it'd do any harm if I retrieved it myself so long as I was in and out." He paused for a moment. "Perhaps, I was mistaken. So, that's exactly what I did. I was only in that room for a moment."

He finished speaking, quietly replaying the story he had just told in his head. When he heard it for himself, it sounded convincing enough. There was just one problem. Kay had no idea whether or not what he had actually done in that room had been caught on camera. He had made an effort to duck down out of shot, but it was entirely possible that his efforts had been a failure. Still, until he knew that for certain, this was the story he was sticking to. Hopefully, Stan the Security Guard would be convinced.

Stan, The Security Guard:

"You can just hand it over if you want, walk out of here son" Stan said, he had caught the boy partially on the camera in the pokeball room and more so on the hallway camera. After that, in the time Kay had spent arguing with the other trainers, Stan had went in and checked for any missing pokeballs. Upon noticing the missing ball, he went to track down the 'thief'.

Kay's expression fell. It had become apparent that the security guard knew all too well what had transpired in that room. His act wasn't working and there wasn't much point in maintaining it. But Kay did have one more trick up his sleeve and saw the opportunity to use it. Stan was offering to let him go on the condition that he returned what he had stolen. It would be a risky ploy, but it would be all too easy to hand over an empty Poke Ball. If Stan were wise, he would check the Poke Ball first. And if he did that, Kay could always pass it off as a minor error and hand over the actual stolen Poke Ball.

"Hm." Kay said with a sigh. "Well, as long as your offer stands, I suppose I'll take it. It is only one Pokemon after all. It isn't worth it." Kay reached into his bag and pulled out one of his empty Poke Balls. He placed it on the table in front of him.

"Here." He said. "I held up my end of the bargain. Can I go now?"

Last edited:
"Whoo, I wouldn't want to be that kid right now," Clayton thought to himself. "Well, now that that's over," he began, "I think Sawyer and I are going to turn in for the night. I'll see you tomorrow morning, Tye." He gave a casual wave goodbye to Tye and headed for the room.

The room itself was quite a cozy, efficient arrangement and Clayton was surprised to see that it only had one bed; he guessed there must not be many trainers that stayed overnight in Viridian to not have communal bunks set up. It was arranged shotgun style with a bed parallel against the right wall, a sink with a mirror at the foot of the bed, and a singular window with a desk built into the wall below it. "Hmm; rock, paper, scissors for the bed," he proposed to Sawyer.

The sawk just shrugged his shoulders and walked over to the desk. He put the duffel-bag on top, unzipped it, and pulled out one of the two sleeping bags inside.

"You sure you want to sleep on the floor?"

Sawyer nodded his head and let out a great big yawn as he unfurled the sleeping bag.

"Alright, your loss." As Clayton fished for his toothbrush in his backpack, it occurred to him that they forgot to grab something to eat, "Dang it, we forgot dinner again," he exclaimed as he looked over at Sawyer just in time to see the sawk toss him a stick of beef jerky, and then bite in to his own. "Meh, I'll brush my teeth in the morning," he thought as he crawled into bed. He slipped off his shoes and tossed them over the foot of the bed, and then tossed his denim jacket over to the desk chair; where it landed haphazardly over the back. Sawyer cut off the light in the room and the pair each laid back on their respective bedding; both munching quietly on their jerky.

"I guess now that I think about it today wasn't all bad," he said between bites, "Even though we got stalled here we at least have someone to travel with who knows where they're going." He pushed the last of the jerky into his mouth and smirked, "And in just a few days we'll be challenging the Pewter Gym. Heh. They won't know what hit 'em after we blast through there; isn't that right Sawyer?" He leaned over the bed and saw that his partner had already rolled over and gone to sleep; far as he could tell anyway. Brimming with confidence and excitement for the road ahead, Clayton did the same.

Last edited:
Security Guard:

"It's never worth it" The Security Guard took the pokeball and quickly pressed the button, releasing...well nothing. "Come on kid" After obtaining the actual pokeball from Kay, he was allowed to go on his way.

OOC: Time Skip: Next Morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom