• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kanto Legacies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, damn. He had checked the Poke Ball. Exactly what Kay had been hoping he wouldn't do. At this moment, he did consider attacking the security guard with Koffing's Smokescreen and running. But that would only cause more problems. Besides, the Pokemon he had stolen was likely something very untrained, like a Caterpie or a Pidgey. Something that could be caught in the wilds surrounding Viridian City. Still, it had been fun while it lasted.

But for the time being, Kay was still in this room. He looked at the empty Poke Ball, feigning mild surprise and amusement. "Oh!" He exclaimed, fighting back laughter. "My mistake."

He searched through his back pack for the correct Poke Ball, passing his hands over more than one of them as he examined each of them carefully - not that he really needed to. To his credit, Kay did returned the stolen Pokemon, what ever it was. Though it was something he did with the utmost reluctance. Shortly afterwards, perhaps after being further reprimanded and perhaps after receiving a firm lecture - though, perhaps not - Kay would leave to travel through the night, heading north to Pewter City. He thought briefly of his earlier encounter with Iris and Lequan. If there was anything at all to be gained from this, he at least would no longer have anything to hide from them should they cross paths again. The only people who knew what had happened were himself and Stan and he would never see Stan again, as long as he could help it.

Unless, of course, the Stans of this world were like the Nurse Joys and Officer Jennys - all security guards, all somehow related to one another and all named "Stan".

It seemed for the time being that Kay would have to catch Pokemon the legitimate way. He had never been very good at doing anything legitimately, but perhaps there was something besides weakening the wild Pokemon and throwing a Poke Ball at it that he was missing.

On the other hand, there was probably something he was missing in attempting to steal a Pokemon from the Pokemon Centre. And when he had thought about it, he knew that even with his little charade in front of the security camera, the camera had been the whole reason he had been caught...

Looking ahead of him, he could see Viridian Forest on the horizon in the distance. "What I need is an electric Pokemon."

"Ahh another morning, another day" Iris said as she woke up. The first thing she went to was the mirror to fix her hair, she did love her fringe but it was at least worth adding some eyeliner to make it work well. However she thought about getting it changed once she reached another city but that would have to wait. The next thing after the make-up was to change into some new clothes. She decided something simple like a simple black dress while wearing dance shorts underneath. She would figure that waking up Destiny would be a bit of a pain but she decided first to go for a run, so she change into a pink top and black shorts

So she left her Pokemon in special care in its Pokeball while she went for a run. Iris was very fit to her nothing beat a morning run, except maybe a morning surf. So she started to run and run keeping herself in check for anything that was interesting. She could see some giant trees in Viridian Forest but that was not part of her run. She did wonder if Destiny would actually wake up soon but heck she was having fun running.

Sawyer's kick impacted hard on Clayton's right forearm; a fraction of a second slower and it would have been his head. He used the opening in the Sawk's guard to throw a punch with his left arm in retaliation. With lightning reflexes Sawyer grabbed Clayton's arm, swept his legs out from under him, and pinned him face first in the practice field dirt. Clayton issued a weak, "Ow," from both the impact and Sawyer's knee now digging into his back. He often questioned his decisions to be Sawyer's sparring partner; one because he knew he had nowhere near the skill to ever be a challenge, and two because being on the receiving end of a fighting pokemon's abilities really hurt. If nothing else he felt it was a good bonding experience for the both of them, and was better than no training at all.

Sawyer removed his knee and let go of Clayton's arm, "I knew I should have packed the training pads," he said wearily. Sawyer helped him to his feet and Clayton dusted the dirt from his shirt, "Well I'd say that was a good early morning work out, let's hit the showers and grab a good breakfast before meeting up with Tye. There weren't too many people up yet at the Pokemon Center so they were both able to shower quickly (Well, Sawyer doesn't so much shower as he does stand under the water for a few minutes in his gi. He always seemed to be squeaky clean afterwards and never stank so Clayton didn't really question it) and make for the modest cafeteria; where they had a hearty breakfast of eggs, bacon, and waffles.

On the day which ensued, Jon woke up as soon as he could and quickly headed out towards the Viridian Forest. He didn't want to spend his life on something other than his current endeavors to train his Charmander. He knew how his Pokémon would likely have trouble against the next Gym Leader, and he was hoping to train it to the point of evolution in the forest today. He decided to not waste a moment in training with his Pokémon, and headed out past the Route swiftly. He walked down the street as he looked around, already nearing the gate, to find whoever might want to battle today.

As he approached the end of the path, he noticed a few clusters of thick grass on the road. He stepped in and wandered directly across it. He spent a while in it; he couldn't see anything past it due to how dense it was. He was still alright, and resolved to remain in it until the afternoon so they could train against wild opponents before the other Trainers arrived. He decided to, if they actually did end up lost, either head in a straight direction until they'd found their way out and escaped or simply burn up all the plant life.

Last edited:
Kay had spent much of the morning so far just outside the gate that bordered the Viridian Forest, searching the grassy patches here and there for a worthy Pokemon. All that he could find, however, were Ratattas, Pidgey and Caterpie as well as the occasional Weedle - which were somewhat resistant to some of Koffing's attacks. Kay had spent years training Koffing and the two of them had developed a rather effective strategy in battle. Koffing would simply blind his foe with a dense smoke screen made up of various toxic gases and would continue to produce that smoke screen until the foe passed out from smoke inhalation. It was because of this reason that Kay often wore a gas mask while training with Koffing. Kay even visited a move tutor about a year ago and had Koffing learn the Pain Split technique, though Koffing had yet to master it. When all else failed, Koffing was left with not much else besides a basic tackle attack.

Koffing had just defeated a Ratatta, which had just now fled to a safer part of the field. Kay unfolded his arms and lifted up the gas mask. "Leave it be, Koffing." He said it. "It isn't worth the chase."

Koffing replied with an obedient "Koffing!!" and floated back to his trainer's side.

Kay scanned the field around him, straining his eyes for an electric Pokemon. According to the guide book he had read, there had been sightings of Pichu and Pikachu in and around Viridian Forest. He had even heard reports recently of electric Pokemon wandering into nearby towns and cities and causing black outs, though no specific species had been named. "We're not moving on to Pewter City until we find an electric type. Got that, Koffing?"

"Koffing!!"

Kay turned slowly, still scanning his surroundings for any sign of movement. He did see movement, but he realised quickly that it wasn't a Pokemon. Kay had apparently wandered nearby another trainer, one who was travelling with a Charmander. "Well." He said to himself, lowering the gas mask over his face once more. "This could be interesting."

Destiny:

Destiny woke up as Iris shut the door to go out for her run. The girl lazily got out of bed, taking a stretch on it's edge. Lodestar had been curled up at the foot of Destiny's bed, she to stretched out before leaping to the floor to accompany Destiny. Destiny worked her way into the bathroom, seeing Iris had already been in there, though it was not particularly messy. After a quick shower, the teen quickly changed into a form-fitting yet comfortable light blue t-shirt and a white mini-skirt. After applying some make-up, she reemerged from the bathroom, Lodestar was waiting outside. Destiny sat on the edge of her bed and pulled on some socks and laced up her converse, which were light blue, like her shirt. Destiny sat in a chair in the main room, Lodestar in her lap, sipping her coffee, which she had just previously made.

Tye:

Tye Taylors had woke up uneasily, halfway off his bed like always. However, this was what his body found comfortable while he slept, so he had slept well. He yawned, getting up and walking over to his backpack. His movement had woken up Cynder. "Hey Buddy" Tye said as he knelt down to his backpack. Taking his clothes with him, he went into the small bathroom to shower and change. Tye Taylors walked out of the bathroom ready to start his day. He wore a white hoodie with silver accents which was zip-up in the front. It was a lightweight jacket with two layers which formed a collar when they were left partially unzipped. He wore *almost* black jeans which flowed down and mostly covered his white skater-shoes. Tye went down to the main-lobby with all his possessions and Cynder, enjoyed some breakfast, then waited for Clayton.

Last edited:
Jon noticed another Trainer wandering in the plants near him. He heard someone following and looked back quickly over the fraction of a second immediately afterwards. He saw some other kid wearing a gas mask with a Koffing and stopped walking to battle him. He looked at his Pokémon and wondered whether or not he realized it. The Shiny Charmander tersely looked at him for an instant in a tacit state to exhibit his awareness of the follower.

Finally; my first serious battle for this year's regional competition.

He turned around and acknowledged the battler.

"So, who are you?"

Last edited:
Their stuff was packed and their bellies full with a good breakfast; now all they had to do was meet up with Tye in the lobby. "Hey there Tye," he said as he approached him, "You all set to get on the road?"

"Yep, sure am" Tye said as Cynder hopped into his backpack. "You all set then?" He asked.

"Ready as we'll ever be," he said enthusiastically, "lead the way."

"My name is Kay." He said in response, his voice slightly muffled beneath the gas mask. He glanced at Koffing, then back at Jon. He wasn't going to waste time with pleasantries. "In the interest of fair game, you should probably stand upwind."

Koffing floated foward, taking his position between the two trainers. "Koffing!!"

Last edited:
Iris was still running until she noticed the battle going ahead with the guy who Iris did not trust at all. "Hmmm nah doesn't matter to me" she continued on running and running back towards the hotel where her Pokeball, map, guidebook and all that was there.

She saw Destiny "About time you woke up" Iris said to her "So when you ready to get going" Iris picked up a banana from the fruit basket and a muffin from a muffin basket.

Destiny:

"Well, I think as soon as I meet, your fashion approval" Destiny said with a laugh. "But yeah, I think I'm ready". Lodestar barked a little to agree.

Tye:

Tye exited the Pokemon Center with Clayton in tow. He turned toward the forest on the horizon, "So, we've got a lot of walking to do...let's make conversation now and get that out of the way" He laughed as he began walking alongside Clayton, Cynder in his bag.

Lequan got out of bed, and sluggishly got himself ready to head out. The bed was...extremely uncomfortable, the end result...a bad mood. As he exited the pokemon center the bags under his eyes, and grumpy expression were evidence enough. He approached Tye, and the other's, not saying a word.

"I'm ready" she made sure she grabbed everything as she then started to walk down the hotel and towards the exit leading a decent path to Viridian Forest. "According to my guidebook, there isn't much at the Forest except your Bug Pokemon, Pidgey and sometimes you may find a Pikachu but other than that not much that would even would warrant me catching any of those Pokemon, it should be good hike for someone fit and make sure to stay hydrated. I have a map, so we should be fine. I mean it is common sense right" Iris explained outside to Destiny while she was flicking through the guidebook that she bought at the Pokemon Center yesterday.

Destiny:

"Sounds like a plan" Destiny replied as she and Iris walked along the trail toward the forest. "I think if you look hard enough, you could find other Pokemon?" She suggested.

"So you said you're from Lavender Town, what's it like there," Clayton asked Tye.

Clayton hadn't noticed the other boy join he and Tye as they walked, but Sawyer did. Shifting the duffel bag on his shoulders, the Sawk slowed his pace so that he was walking alongside the newcomer and glanced at him with a wary eye.

"Doubt it, I go by the books I think I do" Iris shrugged as they continued to walk along the trail. "Shouldn't be too long till we get to the forest, any Pokemon you are looking to catch or something?" she asked.

They complied with Kay's recommendation and walked around in a sort of arc from him and his Koffing until they found a location which they determined would be best. Jon looked at Charmander in a blatantly enthused state and handed him a Pecha Berry. His Pokémon returned the look, then they both turned their eyes back onto the Trainer excitedly.

"Alright; who do you want to call an attack first?" he asked his first rival.

"If it's all the same to you, I will go first." Kay said. He turned to Koffing. "Are you ready?"

Koffing bounced a little in mid-air. "Koffing!"

"Smoke Screen."

At Kay's command, Koffing flew a little further into the air, billowing a cloud of highly flammable black smoke. It drifted in the air, being carried away from Jon and his Charmander, but Koffing had learned to take in to account the direction of the wind when battling outdoors. As he spilled out this noxious gas from his balloon-like body, he made an effort to envelope Charmander within this gas - or, at the very least, create a visual barrier between himself and his opponent. And as Koffing finished his attack, he also made certain to stay out of the smoke himself. While he was not able to determine that Charmander was a fire type, Koffing was aware that he was extremely vulnerable to fire and electric attacks if he hovered too close to his own explosive gas clouds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom