• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kanto: The Major Changes

Although I don't see it probable, there's a fine parallelism on that: the Villa you get in Platinum is found in the Battle Area, the first place you arrive in after getting off of the boat in the Battle Island, and in a similar way, Vermilion City is the first place in -mainland- Kanto you step on after leaving the S.S. Aqua. So yeah, getting that house as a Villa would be somehow nice.

Why would you spend 3 years (possibly more) building a house only to not live in it? And then since you don't want it anymore, you give it to some random kid no older than 10? For nothing?

Just sayin'.

Three words. This. Is. Pokémon.

Logic doesn't make sense. We can walk into random people's houses and they give us crap all the time.

Although I don't see it probable, there's a fine parallelism on that: the Villa you get in Platinum is found in the Battle Area, the first place you arrive in after getting off of the boat in the Battle Island.
Actually, the Villa is located in the Resort Area. Which you have to walk to. And only after getting the National Dex.

/nitpick

^^Yeah. Since when does the real world allow you to just barge into a random house and talk to whoever's inside?

Anyway...

I want some mention of Lorelei and Agatha. Any at all. "I've heard that there used to be a really old lady who trained scary ghosts at the Indigo Plataeu..." or something like Bruno's after-battle speech saying: "If Lori was still here she'd send you home crying before you even reached a battle with me." (Shameless StrikingIceShipping 8D)

This is why I'd like to see Sevii, Lorelei could return to the Kanto storyline.

Well, to me at least, the reason I would want, say, an expanded Mt. Moon or access to the Sevii Islands, would be just for the purpose of something NEW.

I don't want to just play an updated GSC, I would like there to be new areas, new plots, explained this or that. Much like the Sevii Islands in FRLG because they gave me something that I hadn't done before in Kanto and they expanded a bit with the TR plot in the game.

And as soon as I started reading, I immediately thought of the guy building his house (was it really his house, I though he said was just preparing the land for some unspecified building...) in Vermillion City. But then I seen that someone else beat me to the punch XD

^^Yeah. Since when does the real world allow you to just barge into a random house and talk to whoever's inside?

Anyway...

I want some mention of Lorelei and Agatha. Any at all. "I've heard that there used to be a really old lady who trained scary ghosts at the Indigo Plataeu..." or something like Bruno's after-battle speech saying: "If Lori was still here she'd send you home crying before you even reached a battle with me." (Shameless StrikingIceShipping 8D)

This is why I'd like to see Sevii, Lorelei could return to the Kanto storyline.

This. Like the trainers in Indigo Plateau in FRLG.

Sevii needs to be there. Lorelei was on Floe Island for a reason, to explain her GSC/HGSS absence from the E4. They'd easily be able to put it back, and then even have her as an optional battle (hey you can battle the RGBY/FRLG rival, so why not RGBY/FRLG E4?), and Agatha could be there, too...

Plus this is our opportunity for Agatha to reference "her sister" in Sinnoh...

Sevii needs to be there. Lorelei was on Floe Island for a reason, to explain her GSC/HGSS absence from the E4. They'd easily be able to put it back, and then even have her as an optional battle (hey you can battle the RGBY/FRLG rival, so why not RGBY/FRLG E4?), and Agatha could be there, too...

Your crazy if you think Sevii Islands will be in HGSS. What you just said was nonsense. Sevii was only in FRLG because of what Kanto lacked, there is no need for it in HGSS, nor would it make sense for it to be included with Kanto and Johto already in the mix.

Your crazy if you think Sevii Islands will be in HGSS. What you just said was nonsense. Sevii was only in FRLG because of what Kanto lacked, there is no need for it in HGSS, nor would it make sense for it to be included with Kanto and Johto already in the mix.

We'll discuss this in about three weeks or so.

Or she passed. But the dub copies would never include that.

And hey Ciaran, we don't even NEED the Sevii islands to have Lorelei cameos. It's be more likely to see her in person on Floe, but I'll take references over mysterious disappearance anyday.

Or she passed. But the dub copies would never include that.

And hey Ciaran, we don't even NEED the Sevii islands to have Lorelei cameos. It's be more likely to see her in person on Floe, but I'll take references over mysterious disappearance anyday.

eh, I like mysterious disappearance in canon (as in, mentioned in the story) over what we got last time, which amounted to unexplained replacement.

Or... murder. *CSI theme plays as Dewgong pulls off sunglasses*

No no, musn't have that. I jest.

For the heck of it... add Hoenn. That solves all our problems. 24 Badges, 15 Contests (5 in each region), 2 1/2 Elite Fours (Battle the Kanto-Johto Elite Four twice - like in FR/LG). One giant Pokemon World.

And they better of brought back the Pokegear!

Kanto Remakes Thoughts?

Underground Path (underneath Saffron) stays open?
Legendary Birds Roam Wild? Legendary Regis hidden in Kanto/Johto? Latias/Latios?
Battle Frontier in Kanto (Just like the Anime?)
Orange Islands replace the Sevii Islands?
Global Trade Center?
Cerulean Cave?
HM Dive?
Hoenn/Sinnoh Starters?

Just some ideas and thoughts. And yes, not all of them revolve around Kanto, but still.

eh, I like mysterious disappearance in canon (as in, mentioned in the story) over what we got last time, which amounted to unexplained replacement.

Well, we can have the absence explanation without having to feature Sevii in-game. We can have some NPC character (or Bruno) saying: "South of Kanto, there are the Sevii islands. I heard a former member of the Elite Four was born there, but now she went back home and got replaced", or something like that.

FOr Agatha, since she never made an appearance in those islands, we don't need them to be there to explain why she's not anynore. She might have quit for a lot of reasons, and aftermath go to any place at all.

^That would be nice, too.

Moving one, I want a fullfleshed Viridian Forest, including Trainers (Big Catchers with more than Weedle-Kakuna-Caterpie). If not, at least they should put strong trainers on Route 2.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom