• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kanto Trainers' Names

XD375

Shane
Reaction score
In the original G/S/C, I believe I read someplace that some of the regular trainers were the same as they were in R/G/B, only with higher-level Pokémon.

Is this true, and if so, did they have the same names as their G/S/C counterparts in FR/LG?

In HG/SS, I'm curious as to whether they'll try to keep name continuity.

In the original G/S/C, I believe I read someplace that some of the regular trainers were the same as they were in R/G/B, only with higher-level Pokémon.

Is this true, and if so, did they have the same names as their G/S/C counterparts in FR/LG?

In HG/SS, I'm curious as to whether they'll try to keep name continuity.

Hmmm... this is a good one. But I just restarted GSC, so I'm not quite sure..

Wow, I never even noticed that back then.

Be nice if they can keep that continuity.

Never heard about that, but even if no body says it, due to them being of the same trainer class and standig in the same spot, it's not ilogical to assume they're the same trainers. If so, they must keep their FRLG names, but if the writers miss that, I won't mind though.

Never heard about that, but even if no body says it, due to them being of the same trainer class and standig in the same spot, it's not ilogical to assume they're the same trainers. If so, they must keep their FRLG names, but if the writers miss that, I won't mind though.

Based off of past performance with names, I'm not holding my breath.

Well, they have to look at the original GSC as a base for HGSS. They probably started there and changed some things. I mean, we're in Gen IV, there are new moves, items, and abilities that need to be altered for some trainers.

Ummm back in RBY the trainers didn't names they were just Pokemon Trainer Youngster/Lass/Bugg Catcher.

@ The King of Nidos:

I don't think they mean the actual trainer names, but the placement and the pokemon of some of the trainers in Kanto were kept from RBY.

Well, that's why the question was, whether the GSC trainers had the same name as the FRLG counterparts.

Considering they screwed up Janin, I doubt it, and I doubt that they'd catch onto it for HGSS.

The Trainer names in Japanese will most likely be the same as in original.

For English version - I dunno. I hope they keep old names, for the sake of continuity.

And GSC Kanto Trainers mostly don't have to do anything with RGBY ones, I'm afraid...

Not even the shorts kid on Route 3?

That trainer is classic. I also loved the lass in the Jigglypuff area (also on Route 3) who says "Eeek! Did you touch me?" even if you are 6 steps away! Always loved those two. Unfortunately, the "touch me" girl wasn't in GSC, she was only in RBY. Hope the shorts kid is back at least, no matter if they rename him.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom