• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kanto Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pokemon I PMed you yes.

I was waiting for someone to open it lol

Max had hiked his way all the way from Celadon City to Pallet Town. He had walked, taking buses and even hitchhiking trucks, an activity that made him extremely nervous and wished that he could arrive already. At least he had music with him in order to entertain himself but he also spent most of the time wondering when they would arrive and what kind of Pokemon he would obtain from the professor. He looked out of the bus window as he saw Pallet approaching as he grabbed onto his brown bag. "It's a good scenery," he pointed out with an amazed expression. He was used to the combination of the urban and natural environment of Celadon so seeing a rural town like Pallet was an interesting sight for him.

Max finally arrived at Pallet and got off the buss, strapping his bag around his back before he began looking around the bus station. "I think it's this way..." he wondered to himself before taking out his Pokegear and activating the map function.

He finally arrived at Professor Oak's lab and noticed that other people had already gotten there and seemed to be waiting for their Pokemon. "Hopefully the wait isn't too long," he noted to himself as he walked towards them and slid his headphones down and around his neck.

Jet seemed to be first in line.

He was called into a room, where he saw several pokeballs lined up on a table.

After being greeted by the professor, he got told to pick up a pokeball.

He instantly went towards one, which seemed to have a chilly feel.

He then walked out the lab, avoiding eye contact with anyone.

"Come on out!" He shouted, as he threw his pokeball high in the air.

Calix snuck in as second. Though he seemed dependent on Selphy's teachings, he knew a few things himself. He greeted Professor Oak, told him how it was in the Sevii Islands, mostly making small talk before he was led to a table with pokéballs. He stared at them for a while, before he was drawn to one with an airy and happy, but still powerful feeling. He smirked a little on the way out, making eye contact with everyone, as if to say 'HA! I GOT ONE!'. Finally outside, he saw only other person outside, their pokémon out. Well, Calix was too excited to wait around - it was his turn. "Show your self! My first pokémon!" He yelled, throwing the ball into the air.

"Swaaaablu!" The pokémon cheered, flying up. Wait. A Swablu. A literal Swablu. As in, one of Calix's favorite pokémon. As in, one of the pre-evolutions of the three Hoenn dragons (Flygon, Salamence, Altaria). In terms of luck, he couldn't be any more fortunate. She came to rest on top of Calix's head, perching there. He chuckled, before deciding on a name. "How does Winona sound?"

Luke, called in 3rd, saw a table of pokeballs. The professor told him to take the last one on the far left. He picked it up and threw it high in the air. "C'mon out!" he yelled with cheer. "Fletchling! Fletch!" Called the pokemon that just landed on Luke's arm. No Way...fletchling is all mine

Sheathing the katana once more, the kid fourth in line known as Aki approached the table. He said nothing to the professor, taking the very last Pokéball. He let it out, revealing an ghostly pale Froakie. It didn't utter a cry, it just sat on Aki's shoulder like a parrot to a pirate.

Dahlia set down her toy and started examining her new Mudkip. Besides letting out a small yelp when its headfin was touched, it was relatively relaxed throughout the whole ordeal, as if it was rather used to being observed.

"Shouldn't be too much trouble to take care of" she thought to herself.

The pokemon came out in a red beam.

"Woah. A Sneasal!" ((Hope i didnt make myself too good, i used an RNG)) "So, uh. How are you doing?"

The Sneasel folded its arms and turned away. "Snea."

"Uh. Ok. So anyway, our first task is to head to Viridian City, as i have some spare change, and i'd like to buy some pokeballs. Sound good?"

Yet the Sneasal just shrugged.

Jet then looked around to see everyone elses pokemon they had got.

The first one that caught his eye, was the boy with the katana, as his pokemon was not only rare, but a shiny aswell!

He then saw a boy with a small bird flying around his head.

The next was one with a Swablu, who Jet remembered could turn into a new form, even after Altaria.

The last one he saw, before leaving the town was a small mud fish pokemon. With orange tufts of hair on its cheeks.

"Hey Sneasal! Wait up!"

Aki started on his way back to his home town. The Froakie was still silent, much like himself. Once he'd arrived in the small town, the Froakie leapt off his shoulder and begun walking ahead to the Pokémon Center. "Ah, yes. We'll need to register for the Pokémon League, won't we?"

Calix was walking to Viridian, planning to get some basic trainer supplies and register for the League challenge. He was particularly thrilled. Not only was Winona a Swablu (Calix still couldn't get over it, he was SO calling Lostelle), but she was friendly, too. He was being way to hyper about this, but hey, Swablu is Swablu. He got to Viridian relatively quickly, and signed up, filling out a few sheets of paperwork and buying some things from the mart. He was only able to get a few balls from the mart, though. Selphy had given him two nuggets (one of which he gave to the Tentacruel, and the other he sold to pay the trainer fee and buy some things) when he left, and insisted that he do the rest himself. Their mother had never particularly approved of Calix, and so his older sister had to allocate her gifts carefully.

Outside the pokémon center he noticed some people from the lab were here, too. He didn't really get the chance to introduce himself at the lab, aside from idle small talk, so he ventured forth to say hello, Winona still sitting on his hair.

Parker came up 5th. When he got his Poke Ball, he immediately swung it towards the window. "Maybe I shouldn't have done that..." he murmured as it flew towards the window. Fortunately, it stopped short and flew back to him after depositing the Pokemon. "Fen!" The Pokemon exclaimed, happy to meet its trainer. It came dashing towards Parker and hopped up into his arms, making the boy stumble a bit. He steadied himself before examining his new partner. It was a small, quadruped Pokemon, mostly yellow and white. It had big, red tufts of fur in its ears. "Heya!" Parker replied to his new Fennekin. "Fen-nekin!" she replied. (I'd love it if my Fennekin was female, can it be?) Fennekin looked around, and when its ears got close to his face, he felt a burning feeling in his nose, and so he was relieved when she was done. Parker stepped out of the lab and saw that most of the others were already in Viridian City. "Hold on tight," the boy whispered to the Fennekin. He positioned her on his shoulder, and, when she was holding on, started dashing off towards the city. He decided to take the short way and vaulted over the ledges on Route 1. Not all at once, mind you, but one at a time. He started closing in on the Pokemon Center and started to slow. Unfortunately, he didn't slow fast enough. He was lucky that someone was exiting the Pokemon Center right before Parker was entering. He slid between the closing doors and slowed himself down. One of the people was registering at the desk for the League. He decided to look around.

Last edited:
Gender, Nature is all your choice. Also, the objective now is to sign up for a trainer license and begin your journey.

Luke was walking down a road with his new Fletchling flying above him in a speedy rush for something. "Fletchling! Where are you going?" The little bird flew in circles around the Pokémon Center. "Fletchling, Fletch!" cried the Pokémon. "Right, we gotta sign up for the League. Lets do it!" Luke walked inside. He saw most of the people from the lab that also got their first pokemon. He decided to talk to the boy who was dripping wet in the lab. He saw the Fenniken that was by his side.

*edit*
He then was registered for the Pokémon league...

Last edited:
After taking a quick detour to the market to purchase the essentials, Dahlia added her name to the sign up sheet at the pokemon center.

Mudkip casually walked alongside her, rarely making a sound.

Last edited:
The person Calix had thought was from the lab was actually just a citizen in Viridian City. Awkward. Still, just standing there in the Kanto settlement made him feel uncomfortable. He didn't feel at home on the mainland, though Saffron was working on being the exception. Wanting to test Winona's abilities, the Swablu still nested on his head, he walked back into the pokémon center. Selphy once did this type of battle, one with two pokémon at once... But Calix only had Winona. That was alright, he'd just need three more people. Inside the sliding doors, he asked a question loudly, much to the irritation of Nurse Joy.

"Is anyone up for a double battle?"

When Parker heard the one from the lab who got the Swablu say, "Is anyone up for a double battle?" Parker jumped. Fennekin also got a little surprised, seeing as though she spit a little fire. Parker was already registered for the Kanto League, and the other guy-Calix, was it?- almost yelled as Parker was putting his badge case away. Parker stood up and replied, "Ya mean a tag battle? A double battle requires 2 trainers, and each trainer has 2 Pokemon battleng at once. After seeing you at the lab, I highly doubt that you have 2 Pokemon. But, I'll gladly team with someone, be it you or one of the other two required, assuming that two others accept his, or should I say, our challenge." Longest dialogue of my life, Parker thought.

[I assume our Pokemon start off at Level 5, like in the games]

Last edited:
"I'll take you on," Aki replied, the shiny Froakie silently nodding in approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom