• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kanto Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Parker was returning to the Pokemon Center, he saw a kid with a Natu. He looked like he was befriending it, so he was either a new trainer or he had just caught the Natu from the wild. Probably the former. Parker was pretty sure there was no way to get a Natu here other than a gift or trade, and, the way most people were ignoring him, (OOC: As though Viridian's big and kinda bustling)he doubted the latter. He also heard people murmuring something about a Rocket, and some kid's strong Alakazam. Soon, Parker burst back into the Poke Center with Fennekin. He heard that some trainers had nicknamed their Pokemon, and he decided to give it a try. He picked Fennekin up and whispered to her: "I'll call you Royalle." He set her down and arranged everything in his bag before going back over to Calix, Aki, and Max, with their Swablu, Froakie, and Charmander, respectively. He had Royalle back in his arms and soon asked: "Where are we gonna battle? I doubt we're allowed to do it in here. Outside?"
(OOC: Royalle because of how Delphox looks like royalty in its robe-like fur, and it's a female-style version of Royal)

Rob overheard Parker saying something about a battle. He looked down at his Natu. "Get ready, I think we're about to see those trainers over there battle. See if you can learn anything from watching."

Jet looked back at Rob, looking a bit confused. Rob figured that the Natu had never been in a real Pokemon battle between trainers. "Don't worry, I won't make you battle until you're ready. I'll let you decide if you want to challenge anyone after you watch a battle." Jet looked back towards the trainers and seemed just as ready to see some action as his owner.

Rob really enjoyed being with his Natu. He enjoyed talking to it more than he did with other humans, even though the Pokemon couldn't talk back - except with sign language and different variations of its own species name. Even with the impaired communication, Rob began to grow close to the small bird Pokemon faster than he had with any person. Rob felt some sort of connection with his new partner already.

OOC: Rob is still in Pallet. He got the treats from Viridian on his way there, as I mentioned in my first post. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough on that.

"Kyokugami, you ready?" Aki called to his silvery Froakie, it only indicating his trainer was heard by a slight nod.

OOC: I was pretty sure we were already outside the center... But whatever XD. Deja vu.

IC:Calix considered the possibility of battling outside. Lame... was his immediate conclusion. Then, an idea sparked in his head. "Hey, they have that colosseum... type... thing. Upstairs! We can battle there and people could watch more easily." He stuttered eloquently, with a bit of a grin on his face. Winona, seated back on his head, avoiding flying to conserve energy, voiced her support with a chirp. He looked to the others trainers for their opinions.

"Nikolai, if you're going to be part of this team, you're going to have to pull your weight, now, defeat that pokemon." Shinx took a might leap and pounced on the wild caterpie.
In retaliation, the caterpie tried tackling it in return. While it was a direct hit, Shinx seemed unfazed.
Shinx smacked into twice more, knocking it out.

Dahlia decided to abandon the caterpie, it's not going to be very useful.

"Hey!" She heard a voice shout. "My name is Rick, and I challenge you to a pokemon battle!"
For some reason, she felt she couldn't say no. "Nikolai, you ready?" Shinx let out a war snarl in response. "let's go."

Last edited:
"I'm not a huge fan of bug types..." said Luke while walking in Viridian forest with his Sky. "Man, I saw someone catch a shinx! I hope Sparky is doing alright." (His mom had a pet Shinx in Sinnoh.) Sky flew up high as happy as can be. Just then, Luke noticed a Pikachu hiding behind the grass. "Pika Pika!" it said viciously. "Sky come here!" The tiny bird pokemon soared down. "Fletchling!" it cried. "Sky, use Quick Attack!" The fletchling's speed became off the charts! It hit the Pikachu in the stomach. This triggered the Pikachu to use Thundershock just when Sky hit. Sky was in pain and it was paralyzed. "Sky, return!" called Luke an the Pikachu took off. About three minutes later, he called Sky out again for some training. He told sky to keep using peck at a tree. Soon, Sky's peck attack was stronger than ever!

"Poison sting" Rick shouted. His weedle attacked Bellamy's leg, doing trivial damage. All it took was one tackle , and Weedle for the count.

"String shot" Rick said, sending out his caterpie. The caterpie fired a stream of silk at Bellamy, trapping it in place. It broke out in barely a second, but that was long enough for the Caterpie to get a quick tackle in.
Bellamy was starting to wince, so he was recalled to his pokeball.

Nikolai snarled at the Caterpie, weakening it. "Tackle", Shinx took it out in one hit.

After receiving her prize money, Dahlai applied an antidote to her Mudkip and headed towards the forest exit.

***​

Thinking back to what poison was able to do to her Mudkip, she decided to get herself a beedrill. Near the exit, she saw a bunch of Kakuna hanging from the treetops.

"Water gun" Bellamy shot a bullet of water at one of the Kakuna, knocking it out of the tree. The Kakuna helplessly flailed on the ground, before giving up and bracing itself for impact.

She tossed an empty pokeball at the Kakuna, hoping to make it her third member.

Suddenly, Jet jumped out of Rob's arms and its eyes glowed a bright red as it let out a leer.
"What's up?" Rob asked. "Do you want to battle already?" Natu nodded excitedly. Rob wondered why the Natu had the desire so quickly, even before seeing the others battle. He figured it was just the nature of Pokemon. "Well... before we just jump into a battle, why don't we train against some wild Pokemon?"

Rob returned Jet into his pokeball and headed towards Viridian. On the path, a wild pidgey flew down, giving a challenging chirp. Jet's pokeball hit the ground and out he came, ready to battle. Without even being told anything, Jet found spotted his target and sent it his best Leer.

The Pidgey wasted no time and Tackled Jet, making him stumble back. "Use peck! Teach it a lesson!" Jet jumped forward surprisingly fast for his body structure and landed beak first onto the Pidgey. "Alright! Now show me that again." The Pidgey tried to tackle Jet once more, but this time barely scraped the Natu, giving him a perfect chance to peck it in the back. The Pidgey fell. Natu chirped in excitement as Rob complimented the performance.

"I'm proud of you. Come on, let's have a well deserved rest."

Last edited:
Luke had returned his Fletchling in its pokeball. He was walking in the near end of Viridian forest. "Is that... Yes! A Light! Luke ran his way out of Viridian forest, and into Pewter City. Whereas his first Kanto gym battle was going to take place.
OOC: is the city after viridian forest Pewter? I forget...

OOC: Yes, that's right Shinx.

IC: Although Jet had just obtained its first victory, it was not ready to take a rest. Rob shrugged and continued on the route to Viridian. They encountered two Ratata on the way, both of which were weak and not a big problem. After knocking out the second, Jet let loose an array of purple beams, making Rob have a double-take. "You learned a new move, I think that was Night Shade!" Rob exclaimed while maintaining his usual straight face. It was hard to tell, but Rob was excited.

Jet was exhausted, but was intent on battling one more time before stopping at Viridian. Rob adviced against it, but could not say no to the Natu's wide eyes. Another Pidgey flew down and Jet jumped forward. It locked onto the Pidgey and used Night Shade. It had little effect on the normal type Pokemon. The Pidgey was unharmed and Tackled Jet at full speed, causing him to fall to the ground. The Natu did not get back up.

Last edited:
Raguel walked through the streets of Pallet Town, his head held high and proud, his headphone booming with dubstep musics. Although he is very late to his meeting with the professor, Raguel did not seem to care at all. After all, he is the heir to the Argentum family. His father has an acquintance that works as Professor Oak's aide, so he guessed it would be okay for him to be a little late.

The boy turned the doorknob and entered the lab, turning off his mp3 player and smiled at one of the aides who was busy jotting down numbers and other stuff that made no sense at all to Raguel.

"Pardon me, I am Raguel Argentum." He said, approaching the man in white coat. "I'm here to get my first Pokemon. I believe I've sent an email to Professor Oak a few days ago."

---

Ooc: which pokemon do I get?

"Wynaut? Haha..." Parker replied to Calix's suggestion of battling upstairs. He picked up Royalle and raced over to the stairs. "Come on!" The boy exclaimed as he started climbing the stairs. He walked over to the attendant as (I assume) the others were arriving. "Could we battle here?" Parker asked the person.

Luke was challenged to a battle bya boy a bit older than him. The boy was tall, and seemed a little lightheaded. "Go! Sick em Bellsprout!" He said hurling the Pokeball into the arena, almost failing to aim correctly. "Alright then! Sky, come on out!" cried Luke while throwing the ball into the arena.
"Bellsprout, use vine whip!" Then, the bellsprout grew tentacles, and was attempting to hit Sky. But, Sky soared high up to avoid the attack.

"Sky, use peck!" Sky slowly floated down and then quickly pecked the bellsprout. "Alright! Great job!"
"Hehe! Bellsprout, use growth!" The bellsprout began to glow green. It looked a lot stronger than before.
"Sky, use Wing Attack!" Sky just slowly but carefully hit the bellsprout with its glowing wings. KO! The bellsprout was defeated. "good work bellsprout! Take a good rest!" said the trainer.
"You too Sky. You did amazing!" Luke said as he returned the Fletchling into its pokeball.
"This isn't over!" Threatened the trainer. "Ill be back!" he said with a smirk.
"Sure, but all I will do is beat you again!" said Luke grinning back at him.

The Kakuna didn't put up much of a fight, not that it really could. "Leveling this thing up is sure gonna be a pain." Dahlia said, as she picked up the pokeball containing her third team member.

She exited the Viridian Forest, letting her eyes adjust to the sudden increase in brightness. Was she really in the forest for that long?

She looked at the closest sign.
"Pewter City"
"A quiet city nestled between rugged mountains and rocks."

Considering the fact that she's ahead of all the other new trainers, she figured she had plenty of time to kill. She decided to take a quick detour and head towards the Pewter museum of Science.

Last edited:
Rob quickly returned his Natu and ran away from the wild Pidgey. Luckily, Viridian was very close and only took a minute to get there. Rob entered the Pokemon center and walked up to the counter, handing over the pokeball containing Jet. Nurse Joy smiled and she started to heal the Natu back to full health.

While waiting, Rob noticed a woman with a Pikachu and Vulpix. The two small Pokemon were playing with each other cheerfully. They both looked content.

"We've restored your Pokemon to full health, please come back whenever your Pokemon are tired." Rob directed his attention back to Nurse Joy, saying "Thanks". He walked outside and released Jet out of his Pokeball. "Are you okay?" The Natu nodded. "Good. You need to know your limits next time." Rob continued, "Hey, I was thinking... How would you like to have a partner? We could find another Pokemon to keep you company. What do you think?" Jet looked happy and nodded once more, excitedly jumping into Rob's arms.

"Well, that settles it." Rob took a short walk to the store and bought a few pokeballs with the little money he had. He then made his way west of Viridian until he saw a small field of tall grass. "Get ready, Jet..."

Calix was stunned when Teala let them into the colosseum. It really lived up to it's name. It wasn't anything extravagant, but the dome and the field were a bit humbling. He moved to one side of the battling room, Winona flying in front of him. She chirped happily, floating on her wings. Being the only Flying-mon in the match would surely give them an advantage. Calix knew they had a few secret tricks up their sleeves. Still, he worried about that Froakie. It's eyes felt ominous.

Rob took his first step into the tall grass, scanning the area for nearby Pokemon. Nothing was in sight. "Natu!" Jet suddenly chirped, pointing one of its wings towards a patch of grass. After taking a closer look, Rob saw what was causing the excitement. It was a Mankey.

Jet jumped out of Rob's arms and let out an even louder noise, "Nat, Natu!", this time the chirp was meant to be a challenge. The taunt worked and the Mankey jumped forward in an angry rage. "Get ready, Jet. Wait until it closes in, then use Peck just before it can attack." The Natu gave a quick nod to show it understood.

Jet stayed still as the Mankey finished ending the gap between the two. He started to jab at the Mankey with his beak, but it was no use. The Mankey was too fast and landed a low kick. Jet, being both psychic and flying type, did not suffer too much from the lucky hit. "Alright Jet, don't get too close. We don't have enough speed. Show me a Night Shade."

Jet locked onto the wild Mankey and surrounded it with dark purple rays as its health began to drain. The Mankey rushed forward, giving Jet a Scratch across the face. "Keep up the Night Shade, Mankey is slowing down." Jet shook it off and let loose another Night Shade while attempting to back away from the opponent. The Mankey rushed forward again, clumsily slashing with its claws at Jet. It landed another Scratch before stumbling, which gave Jet the perfect chance to drill his beak into its side.

The Mankey fell to the ground, trying with all it had left to get back up. "I think that's enough. Here we go." Rob called out. He grabbed a pokeball and threw it towards the struggling Pokemon. "This is it..." He thought as the ball consumed the Mankey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom