• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kanto Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Raguel? Raguel Argentum is that you?" One of Prof Oak's aide in white coat and black, round spectacles approached the silver haired teen after sliding a thick book into the bookshelf. The man stretched his hand out and Raguel gave him a firm, strong handshake, while giving him the most winning smile he could make. "Boy, you've certainly grown so much!"

Indeed, Raguel had certainly grown into a fine young man. The aide had remembered a reckless, impatient and snotty boy whose fine suit had been stained by barbecue sauce during dinner. Well, not anymore. These past years had changed him into a calm young gentleman, although he still retains his rebellious nature he had as a child.

"... I've heard about your sister Stella and I can't express how much I'm sorry for her." The aide gave a fatherly pat on Raguel's shoulder.
"Thank you, mister. That is why I'm here now. I want to live our childhood dream to travel the continent!" Was Raguel's response.
"And I believe, I can help you with that." The aide grinned and with a gesture of his hand sigaled the teen to follow him.

On top of a long, white table, was a bunch of Pokeballs. The aide picked one up and stared at it, smiling. "This Pokeball contains Magnemite. This Pokemon was my favorite back in high school because it can fetch you a new pen from your friend's desk with its magnet. Haha! Good old days! Catch this!"

"Then a Magnemite shall be my first comrade!" Raguel nodded, catching the Pokeball and bowed in gratitude. "I'm sure Stella will be happy up there. Thank you, mister!"

"Yes yes, now off you go! And make sure to send your father my regards!"

"I shall! Please thank Professor Oak for me!"

Grinning, Raguel ran outside, and threw his Pokeball in the air. With a bright flash of white light, a Magnemite revealed itself. It floated closer to the silver haired teen and Raguel gave the steel Pokemon a pat. "From now on, you shall be known as Lockdown! A pleasure to meet you, friend."

Luke decided to go a little backward into viridian city to train. His Fletchling won many battles, while it also lost a couple. "Sky, come here real quick!" said luke as he got out his pokedex. Fletchling, the tiny robin Pokémon. These friendly Pokémon send signals to one another with beautiful chirps and tail-feather movements. Fletchlings ability is Big Pecks. It is also level 13 said his Pokedex. "Alright, Big Pecks! Now, how about another battle?"

"Fletchling!" it cried.

Mankey Caught.

You can take the battle into your own hands i guess

OOC: I was just reading back, and I only now realized I took Polaris's name for my Natu. I guess it isn't a problem now, but if you plan on using your character again somehow, I'll change its name. I think I might just start calling mine Natu to avoid confusion.

IC: Rob stared down the ball as it tilted to the left and right. Suddenly, it became completely still. Rob celebrated the catch by picking his Natu up and spinning him through the air. He had a lot more fun with his Pokemon than he did with other people.

Rob walked to the pokeball and picked it up, releasing the Pokemon from inside. "Mankey!" Even with the injuries from battle, the creature was quiet energetic. Rob picked up the Mankey, but it quickly squirmed out of his arms. He grinned, which would be unusual for him if he had not become so much more open with Pokemon. He patted the Mankey's head and returned in to the Pokeball, making his way to the Pokemon Center to refresh his partners.

Luke saw how everybody was catching pokemon and he decided to do the same. He made hi way to viridian city, and bought a couple of Pokeballs. He searched for a pokemon in the tall grass west of Viridian. Like usual, he found lots of Pidgey and rattata. "There not much pokemon in Kanto. Huh?" he said to himself. Just the a Male Nidoran attacked! "Well that's different!" he said "Sky, come on out!"
"fletchling!" it cried.
Then, the nidoran came charging at Sky with a tackle. "Sky, intercept it with quick attack!" Sky used quick attack and stopped the Nidoran from moving at all. "Now use wing attack!" Sky's wings began to glow and she slammed them onto Nidoran's head. That's it its over. "Yes! Now to use the pokeball!" He threw it and the pokemon was sucked in.

Nidoran breaks out of the ball, you can still catch it though!

Rob headed back towards where he caught the Mankey to train, holding his Natu like he usually did. He noticed a familiar trainer battling a wild Nidoran and decided to watch from afar.

Parker jogged over to where Calix was standing with his Swablu. "Hey, so, how 'bout strategy?" Parker asked Calix. "My Fennekin knows Scratch and Growl, how about your Swablu? And how well do you know common flight strategy in a battle? You have to know where you want your Pokemon to strike, how it does so, and if the opponent would have any possible defenses against that." Parker continued. Dang it! He's gonna ask how I know all of this! he thought.

Calix raised an eyebrow. Parker was a novice, just like him. Then again, he had some tips from Selphy. However Parker managed to be so knowledgeable, he was going to let sleeping things lie. "I watched my sister's Altaria fly around all the time, so I can command Winona pretty aptly. I had an idea, though. Winona knows Peck, Growl, Astonish, and, surprisingly, Dragon Rush. My dex told me it's called an 'egg move', or something like that. That aside, the Froakie is an immediate threat. So, if it uses a Water-type move, Winona can grab Royalle and fly her out of the way, and then go from there. It might be a bit of weight for her, but it shouldn't be too much trouble." Calix explained.

"Anyway, once Royalle is in the air, she can either use Growl from above, or Winona can drop her on top of our opponents while she uses Scratch. Pretty nifty, huh?"

(If I remember correctly from X and Y, Fennekin should already know Ember, as Froakie already knows Bubble.)

"Kyokugami, you'll go for that Swablu. Surprise is the key." He whispered softly so only the Froakie could hear.

what's that smell? Is it food? Foodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfood. Pecha berry. Sweet smell. Sweet taste. And it's mine. MinemineMine.

"Go, Kakuna."

What's noise? What is Yellow thing? Why is it flying? Why headed towards me?

CRUNCH

Dahlia dusted off her hands. "Good job, Kafka. Just five more Rattata, and you get to be a beedrill." She picks up her Kakuna, hides behind the bushes, and takes aim. "Gotta love how they all fall for the same trap."

My life.....is pain....

OoC: Level grinding, Mr. Fish style.

Rob diverted his attention from watching the trainer. Something more interesting appeared. Right above his head flew a pidgey. It wasn't just any Pidgey, its feathers sparkled in the sunlight as if they were made of gold. "Wow Natu, do you see that? Let's chase it."

The Pidgey led Rob through Viridian City and into the forest. Before long, it flew out of sight. "I think we lost it. That was a great sight though. I already have a flying type anyways, and nothing could replace you."

Suddenly, a voice was heard from behind Rob. "Hey, you look like a trainer. You stand no chance against my army of bugs. I'm the champion of this forest!" Rob turned around to see a boy with a net, which was obviously used to catch small Pokemon in. "Alright. Let's battle."

The battle was not a pretty sight for the bug catcher. Jet jumped around much too fast for his "army" consisting of two freshly caught Caterpie and Weedles to handle, easily knocking them out with his type advantage. The battle was over quickly and the bug catcher was angry. "You cheated! Everyone else here only uses bug Pokemon!" Rob picked up his Natu and talked quietly to it.

"You did a great job. And did you hear that? Everyone around here uses bug Pokemon. Now's the perfect time to get you some training in."

Luke decides to leave the Nidoran. After all it seemed pretty happy in his little patch of grass. He and sky went to the Pokecenter to heal up. That is when he heard battling, and crys from pokemon. "What was that?" He asked. He took his fully restored Fletchling leaving a 'Thank you' to Nurse Joy on his way out. Thatwas... That guy! The guy he battled earlier! He was busy battling a youngster.

"Oh man! You beat me again!" whined the youngster.

"Doesn't surprise me very much." said the trainer as he returned his Zubat.

"New pokemon huh?" asked Luke.

"Huh? oh its only you. After you defeated me, I wanted to get stronger, so of course I got a new pokemon. Got it from MT Moon."

"Cool."

"Cool?no, awesome!

"Whatever. See ya around!"

"Sure will. But by the way, call me Marcesious."

Luke just waved his hand and left into Viridian forest again.

Having seen all the sites and having trained up her pokemon enough, there was only one thing left to do in town before leaving the town. Pewter Gym.

Dahlia entered through the double doors, and was immediately taken aback by the design of the place. A narrow cobble stone path went directly to the leader. To both sides of the path were huge piles of stone. The rocks closest to the path were at least twice Dahlia's size, and the ones closest to the wall were almost touching the ceiling. Occasionally, instead of stones, there were marble columns on both sides.

Dahlia walked down the path. "You're still light years from facing Brock," someone to her left shouted. She turned and saw a boy dressed in green. "You're going to have to face me if you want to stand a chance against him," he said, holding a pokeball.

The boy threw the pokeball to the ground, and a Sandshrew came out of it. In return, Dahlia sent out her Kakuna.

(OOC: Dang, can't believe I forgot Ember.)
"Gotcha. What about the Charmander? I assume it's got somethin'. Ya think it's gonna be a problem?" Parker asked Calix. He was pretty lucky to have a sister who had an Altaria. Then again, Parker thought. My brother has-no, had, a Charizard. "When can we get this show on the road? Oh yeah, I think we're getting a bit behind. People should be getting midway through the Viridian Forest by now. This has taken a bit. We should start soon." Then Parker turned to the other two, calling, "Hey! You guys ready?"

Rob was halfway through the forest, leaving behind a couple more heartbroken bug catchers. He was already groaning from their false confidence in the bugs they had freshly caught. One more battle would do it before Rob would give his Natu a rest. He continued walking into the forest. "Hey you!" yelled a voice in the distance, "I haven't lost yet today, blah blah blah" Rob ignored the rest of his arrogant remarks; he was used to it by then.

Rob looked at Jet. "Ready for one more battle before we take a break?" The Natu nodded and jumped out of Rob's arms. It was not hurt too badly from the previous bugs that it easily took out with Peck. "Go, Butterfree!" The other trainer threw his pokeball. "Finally, a challenge." Rob said to himself. He was tired of facing Caterpie, Weedle, Metapod, and Kakuna.

Jet started the battle off right, letting loose a Night Shade while there was still a gap between the two Pokemon. The Butterfree retaliated with a string shot followed by a poison powder while Jet was still slowed down. Little did the foe know, Rob's Natu had the ability synchronize. Both Pokemon were slowly being drained of health. Natu leaped forward, diving beak first into the enemy. Jet and the Butterfree both looked like they were in bad condition. The Butterfree used confusion as Jet continued pecking away at it. Luckily, Jet had the type advantage and the Pecking mixed with the poison finally took down its foe.

"No fair! I'll win next time!" The bug catcher yelled at Rob as he returned his Butterfree. Rob was more worried about his Natu, it barely had any energy left and what was left was being drained by the poison. He picked up the Natu in both arms. "Don't worry Jet, we'll head straight to the Pokemon Center and-" suddenly Jet began to glow and Rob's surroundings rapidly changed. He appeared in front of the Viridian Pokemon Center. After looking around with a very confused look, Rob realized what just happened. "Good job, Natu! You must have learned Teleport in the last battle. Just in time too, let's get you some rest." Rob returned his Natu and entered the building.

The trip to Viridian City was very amusing. The vast forests with light and airy deciduous trees, many forest-clad ridges that rise above the landscape and glorious fields with fertile soil had made the first steps of Raguel's journey a pleasant one.

The new Trainer and Pokemon arrived at Viridian City, not even breaking a sweat. The pair had their first Pokemon battle against a Pidgey earlier, that gave them a taste of how it is like to be a Trainer.

"I must say," Raguel nodded in satisfaction. "The combination of magnificent scenery, tradition, and a pervasive innovative spirit combine to give Kanto its truly exceptional character and charm. Sinnoh is indeed beautiful, but Kanto is closer to nature. And hey, you did a great job back then, friend."

The Magnemite just nodded and floated beside Raguel, who is walking towards a Pokemon Center.

"Come along now, let's patch you up and we can take a rest!"

Dahlia immediately recalled her Kakuna. "Go, Nikolai." The Sandshrew responded to the switch by scratching it in the face.
Shinx charged headfirst into the Sandshrew. In response, the Sandshrew curled up into a ball, shielding itself from the attack. It then rolled over shinx, KOing it immediately.

"Bellamy" Mudkip fired a bullet of water at the Sandshrew, causing it to uncurl. Before it could react, Mudkip fired a second water gun, knocking it out.

"I'm not done yet." The boy said. He took out a second pokeball and tossed it to the ground. "Geodude, let's finish her off".

"Water gun." Dahlia commanded. The blast of water instantly knocked geodude onto the floor. She took out her pokeball, ready to return Mudkip.
"Don't be too sure...." the boy said. In a split second, the geodude sprung from the ground and tackled Mudkip, sending it crashing into the wall. Bellamy was taken out. "Sturdy, prevents it from getting instantly knocked out." the boy said with a smug look on his face.

"Well, this won't end well," she said, sending out her Kakuna. "Harden." The Kakuna started to glow....
"Tackle"..while it did only minor damage, enough of them could take him out.
"Harden" The glowing intensified.
"Tackle" Just a few more...
"Harden" The light was getting a tad too intense.
"Tackle" The geodude looked like it was getting tired.
"Hard..." The whole room exploded with light, as if a flashbang had been set off. When Dahlia finally regained her vision, she noticed something was different about Kakuna. Namely, it wasn't a Kakuna anymore.

She grinned. "Fury attack" The Beedrill stabbed geodude multiple times. Exhausted and having barely any health left, the Geodude collapsed onto the ground.

"Okay fine," the boy said, "you can face brock now".

***​

Dahlia took her three pokemon: Kafka, Nikolai, and Bellamy, to the pokemon center. She decided to store her doll in the PC.

She re-entered the gym. When she walked up to the gym leader, she noticed a faint smile, as if the gym leader was excited to battle her after seeing the battle with Liam.

"I'm Dahlia of Cinnabar," she said, "and I challenge you to a gym battle."

After healing his Natu, Rob decided that it needed a rest and his Mankey could use some attention. He walked out of the Pokemon center and traveled North again. As soon as he took his first step into the forest, he encountered a wild caterpie.

Rob threw the pokeball that he had in hand. "Go, Mankey" The Mankey immediately leaped up in the air once it was released. It was very energetic. Rob pointed to the Caterpie ordering his Mankey. "Use scratch!" The Mankey completely ignored his trainer and rushed the foe with a Low Kick. The Caterpie retaliated with a tackle, only aggravating the temperamental Mankey even more. "Mankey, use scratch now!" It did not even hear Rob this time, continuing to rapidly kick the wild caterpie until it was victorious.

Rob swooped up the Mankey. "You battled well, but you need to listen to me. When we meet a tougher opponent, that will not work for you. We need to communicate." The Mankey was still angered and pushed away from Rob, jumping into a nearby tree. Rob sighed as he watched the Pokemon jump around the fruit bearing tree and fill its mouth with berries. He knew it would be a long night.

"We hope to see you again!" Nurse Joy smiled as she bowed after giving the Pokeball back to Raguel. The boy smiled in grattitude and pushed the white button in the center of his Pokeball. A red beam flashed, taking the shape of a Magnemite and a with a small flash of white lights, Lockdown materialized out of his Pokeball. He eyed the place around him and floated outside the Pokemon Center.

"Impatient one, eh? Hmm..." Raguel grinned, sliding his headphone from his head to the back of his neck. "Anyway, thank you once again Nurse Joy. I'll be going now. Farewell!"

The boy then ran outside, following his impatient little Magnemite, his silver hair fluttering in the wind as he ran.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom