• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kanto Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
"So that must mean I'm your first gym battle. As you akready know, I am Brock. I admire rock-hard defenses and determination. That's why I chose to specialize in rock-types"
Huh, guess he gives the same speech to everyone.
"Being that I am your first gym leader, I know I'm just a stepping stone on your grand journey to becoming a champion." He smiled at his own pun. "However, don't think that means I'll go easy on you."
He took out a pokeball from his belt.
"If you think that you can be a champion, you're going to have to prove you can beat me. Go geodude."

***​

Knowing not to make the same mistake twice, she assumed that the Geodude was going to have sturdy, just like how Liam's did. First, she would have to weaken it, instead of dealing the finishing blow immediately.
Beedrill was fast, but weak. Perfect for getting a few early shots in.
"Fury attack" the beedrill rapidly struck the Geodude with its stingers, with geodude barely even noticing. Minor damage, but that's all that needs to be done.
"Rock Throw" Beedrill took a rock to the chest, knocking it out immediately. Sorry, sometimes sacrifices need to be made.
Dahlia sent out her second pokemon, Mudkip. The geodude, lacking the means to defend itself, got KO'd by the water gun.
"Onix", Brock said. He seemed undisturbed by the fact he only had one left.

Suddenly, Dahlia and her Mudkip found herself facing a very long, very large, serpent made out of rocks. Upon exiting the pokeball, it quickly slid across the arena and coiled around Brock, as if it was showing off. No matter, it would get taken out like the rest.
"Bide" Brock commanded. The onix...did nothing. "Water gun"
The Onix took heavy damage from the water. However, it still managed to hold on.
"Wat.." The onix quickly struck Mudkip with its tale, immediately knocking it out too. Just how fast is that thing?

"Nikolai"
Before Shinx was even out of his pokeball, Onix was already on the move, ready to ram right into it. Surely, Shinx cant outspeed it. But, then again, it didn't have to.

"Baby Doll Eyes"
Shinx dropped its usual war face and tried to make puppy-dog eyes (keyword being tried). Onix came to an adrupt halt and stared at it. It tilted its head, confused by the sudden change in mood.

"Tackle" Shinx lunged at the Onixes head. Onix tried to tackle back, but the loss in momentum prevented it from being at full power. The single headbutt, though weak, brought the onix crashing down to the floor, knocking it out of the battle.

***​
"Baby doll eyes, huh? Must be one of those newer moves. Personally, I prefer to stick with the oldies. But I digress."
He handed Dahlia a metal case.
"In here, you'll find your rewards. The Boulder badge, and a TM for rock tomb. For the next gym in Cerulean, you can either go through Mt. Moon, or go through diglett cave and Saffron city"

Dahlia accepted the advice and left the gym. Exhausted, she decided she'll take a break before leaving the city. Hopefully, the other trainers will show up by then.

As Raguel and Lockdown travelled north and entered Viridian Forest, the first thing Raguel did was taking a deep breath, spreading his arms in satisfaction. The deciduous trees gave of sweet, fresh air that you don't get to smell everyday in Hearthome City, Raguel's hometown. The green grass and sounds of chirping Pidgeys made a perfect harmony and the boy was glad he went on a journey instead of being locked in his room to study business and politics.

"Can you see me from up there Stella?" Raguel murmured to himself, looking up at the sky. "This is certainly better than Argentum Mansion, no?"
Her. It was always her. Stella Artesia Argentum, Raguel's elder sister who shaped Raguel into the man he is now. He had always admired her long, honey blonde hair that danced in the summer breeze, her silvery eyes that shines like a pearl whenever she smiles and her playful and motherly demeanor. If it wasn't because to honor her childhood dream, Raguel wouldn't be here right now.

As Raguel was still reminiscing of his sister, Lockdown floated away. The boy snapped out of his daydream and followed behind when they came across a boy and his Mankey who waa busy eating berries in a tree. Lockdown was about to ignore the pair and continue to travel northward and float past them when Raguel pulled the Magnemite and bowed at the Trainer with the Mankey, putting his right hand on his chest. Attitude is important and being polite is what makes a man attractive, Stella used to say.

"Good day, friend!" He said, smiling. "Here to enjoy some fresh air and pick berries?"

Rob diverted his attention from his Mankey and looked at the boy. He was obviously another trainer, but he did not appear to be arrogant like most of the other trainers he met in the forest. He paused for a moment before answering.

"Hey there." He forced a grin; he rarely ever smiled naturally. "I'm on my way to Pewter to check on a family member and challenge the gym. I guess my Mankey had different plans." Rob paused again before saying, "My name is Rob. What's your name?"

OOC: ik i could put this in OOC chat but i saw this one first so.. i cant post until Monday!
IC: Luke walked in Viridian when he saw Verdite. "Hey you were at the lab! weren't you?" He said "If its okay, lets battle!"

OOC: I would post this in other thread, but don't want to double post. Wouldn't it make more sense to challenge me when you get back? Otherwise, my character will just be standing there waiting on your move until Monday.

"My name is Raguel Argentum. A pleasure to meet you. This is Lockdown. We just met today." Raguel smiled, gesturing towards the Magnemite that doesn't seem to bother greeting the Trainer nor the Mankey and had no interest whatsoever in the conversation between the Trainers. The Magnemite looked away, looking at the tall grass and trees. "Sorry, Lockdown is very curious about his surrounding. He was just hatched so please pardon his behavior."

Just a moment after Raguel introduced his friend, an eager looking youth about his age came rushing, asking for a battle all of a sudden without even a word of good morning to Rob or a hello to Raguel. This boy, Raguel decided, need a serious lesson in manners.

"Well well, I'll leave you two to your business then. I will be on my way to Pewter City. I believe we will meet again, so let us do our best. Farewell!"

With a smile, Raguel bowed a little at the two and proceeded to take the grassy path northward, Lockdown floating beside him, occasionally checking out his surroubdings. The rustling sound in the trees, movements in tall grass... everything is new for the little Magnemite. It was just hatched three days ago and since then was kept in a Pokeball by the aide, so Raguel would just let him explore around freely.

"I'm sorry," Rob turned to Luke, "first I would like to get this Mankey under control and check on my brother. I haven't spoken with him since I got my first Pokemon. I'll be happy to battle you some other time."

Rob began to think for a moment. "That Raguel guy was strangely polite. I like him, he's not like most of the others. And that boy that just challenged me seems alright, too bad I don't have the time to battle him right now." His thoughts were interrupted when he heard a thud behind him. He swiftly rotated his body to see his Mankey on the ground, knocked out. Upon further investigation, he spotted a Pidgey looking down angrily at it from the tree that it was previously in. Rob sighed once more as he returned his fallen partner.

OOC: Sorry, challenge me when you get back and I'll accept.

OOC: The double battle is taking a little while, so we're gonna skip that and head to Viridian for sake of time.

Calix has decided to walk with Parker to Pewter City. He seemed like he had his own secrets, like Calix did, and having a trainer to travel with would be better. Strength in numbers, right? Winona was back in Calix's pokeball, and he walked north of Viridian to Route 2. He'd been to Kanto before, heck, he lived in Saffron, but it was still odd being here.

Aki's Froakie leapt beside him as he walked in Viridian Forest. Many bug types had been knocked out by his Water-type attacks, and the few trainers that wanted to battle had considerably made Kyokugami even stronger. As he arrived in Pewter City, he took his Pokemon to heal and started towards the Gym. Time for a real challenge, he supposed.

As Dahlia left the pokemon center, she noticed that the other trainers were arriving. "About time they finally showed up." She said to herself. As she left the town, she made sure to make her badge as noticable as possible.

Raguel strolled casually along the green path with Lockdown on his side, while occasionally battling wild Pokemon like a Pidgey or Caterpie. No, the pair isn't in a hurry nor they want to challenge Pewter City Gym too soon. They want to enjoy their adventure to the utmost, enjoying every moment of it and thus, there is no point of being in such a hurry.

The silver haired boy didn't see why some Trainers are so eager to get a badge and reach the next city. There's no fun it right? A journey like this is meant to be enjoyed, not to be done in such a hurry.

Raguel took out his green mp3 player from his pocket and pressed the "next" button. Soft, beautiful piano sonata composed by famous Unovan composer began to play in full volume from Raguel's headphone. Smiling, Raguel closed his eyes and nodded along to the beautiful melody from the sonata, while walking towards the exit of Viridian Forest.

Parker was glad that Calix was coming with him to Pewter City. Parker had never been to this part of Kanto, especially not the northern bits, and Calix seemed like a nice guy. His Swablu was away in her Poke Ball, but Parker decided to leave Royalle out. He just hoped the Fennekin wouldn't get herself into trouble. They made their way dowb Route 2, on their way to the Viridian Forest, when he noticed something rustling in the bushes. Apparently Royalle noticed it too, and she dashed over to the tiny opening in the trees. "No, no, no!" Parker murmured. "I'll be right back!" he called to Calix as he dashed off to follow Royalle. Apparently, she was fast too, and had already slipped through. Parker got down on his hands and knees and crawled through. Immediately, the trees were super tall, and he could stand up straight. He saw Royalle dash around a corner. He followed. He saw that she was following a shape, which just jumped. Royalle jumped to a nearby branch before following the shape, to get extra lift. Parker muttered, "I'm gonna regret this," and jumped up to the branch the shape had been on, following them above.

OOC: First of all, this shows that Royalle is naughty, so expect some reckless things from me. Second, I'm imagining this as a completely oversized Hidden Grotto from B2W2. The tree will lead to a normal-sized version, where they'll run into something, but they're not there yet because I have no idea what Pokemon appear there, meaning I have no idea what "special" Pokemon they'll run into.

Last edited:
Rob thought about everything he needed to do. He prioritized the actions in his head. "Alright... first, I need to get my Mankey to the Pokemon Center. Next, I should go to my house and check with my brother. Everything else is not as important right now."

He finished his path to Pewter while trying to hide his pokeballs and ignore the other trainers in the area. He did not want to battle at the moment. Once arriving in Pewter, he went straight to the Pokemon Center. He released Jet and talked to him while the nurse was healing the Mankey.

"Here you go, we've restored your Pokemon to full health!" The nurse handed Mankey's pokeball to Rob. He nodded and replied with a "thank you". North of the center was where Rob's house was located. Only him and his brother, who was much older than him, lived there. He wasted no time and walked straight there. The door was locked and, after knocking a few times, he took out his key and opened it. As soon as he entered the house, he saw a large note on the table beside the doorway.

"Dear Rob, I wish I could have seen you after you got your first Pokemon. Sadly, an emergency came up and I have to leave. Don't worry about me; I'll be back soon. I know you will be fine by yourself especially now that you have a partner. Be safe and I'll see you soon."

It was signed by his older brother.

After he had healed Kyokugami, Aki started towards the Gym and headed inside. There, he saw two people - a camper boy, and an older kid with squinting eyes. After being thrown into battle by the camper, his Froakie had easily taken out the firsy Pokémon, a Sandshrew. The second one, a Geodude, didn't go down as easily because of its ability, but Kyokugami was still too fast for it. Two Bubbles easily took out the rock type, as he finally advanced to the Gym Leader, Brock.

Calix, eyebrows raised, watched Parker run after Royalle. He was about to respond to what Parker had said when another voice grasped his attention. "Larvesta, String Shot!" The bug move hit Calix's legs with a powerful force, sending him back, knees stuck together so he stayed there too. He saw a man, in a strange black suit with an 'R' logo on it, his Larvesta crawling toward Calix. Even from the ground, though, Calix could still send out his Swablu. "Uh... Winona! Go!" He said nervously, casting the pokeball forward from his awkward sitting position. "Twerp. You should have just forked over your pokemon to me. Larvesta, Ember!" The grunt commanded with a grin. But Winona would have none of that. Without a single command from Calix, she rushed towards Larvesta in a blazing blue tackle, colliding forcefully with the foreign pokemon. So that's what Dragon Rush looks like... "Winona, Peck! As fast as you can!" Calix shouted, no longer stunned. The Larvesta had no time to counter, Winona sitting on top of it as her beak glowed and slammed into the Bug-type several times. The pokemon let out a tired cry, fainted by the swift hits. Calix wasn't surprised, Bug pokemon were rather frail.

The grunt crushed Larvesta's pokeball in his hands. "Grr... My first robbery, with my imported freaking mon... Stopped by a Q-tip bird and a Sevii Islander. Stupid Larvesta. I don't need it anyway." His sentences, like their encounter, were short, unexpected, and brutish.

Calix was a bit shocked. "How... How do you know?"

The man in the 'R' smiled. "We've been watching Resort Gorgeous for a while. Time's almost ripe for some well-due revenge. But don't you worry Selphy. We'll let her know ourselves." He said in a slow voice. Calix squirmed away, but didn't make much success, his legs trapped by the surprise String Shot. The man dashed away as quickly as he came, pokeball shards and Larvesta left behind. It took some help from his Swablu, but he burst free from the sticky string. Standing up, he looked at the abandoned Larvesta. Now that he had a closer look at it, she seemed very young, even in it's fainted state. Calix noticed a bit of an egg shell sticking to one of it's horns. Winona chirped softly. The Larvesta started to move, the limbs shifting slightly, but an angry Swablu descended with an Astonish, fainting it for good this time.

"Winona! That's enough!" Calix said sternly. He couldn't just leave it there. The robber had likely bought it illegally. It was newly hatched, and abandoned, and in a foreign region. But someone from Viridian would be here any moment, and then Calix would have to talk to people and... He was running out of time. Really, really, running out of time. His mind was looking for answers, so he made the least rational decision that popped in his head.

Calix took an empty pokeball, and lightly dropped it on top of the abandoned Unovan.

Meanwhile, Dahlia was having a very fierce debate about shorts with one of the trainers.

OOC: my god, that comment ^

IC: Rob did worry a little about his brother, but he did not let it affect him too much. It wasn't the first time his brother had to leave. Him being a great trainer like he was made others seek him out when they were in need of help. He could not help but think that it was related to that man in the strange suit he saw before getting his first Pokemon.

Rob decided to take his mind off of it. He released his Mankey, hoping for a different result this time. The Mankey seemed to have calmed down a bit since it had been knocked out, although it was not possible for the Pokemon to be completely calmed. He was naturally angered easily like most Mankey.

"Hey, we should give you a nickname." Rob suggested to the Mankey. It was not interested, but at the same time did not oppose to a nickname. "How about we name you Lily?" Rob joked. His Mankey jumped up in an irritated manner; he obviously was not happy with his owner's humor. "Alright, alright. How about the name Jagger?" The Mankey shrugged. It obviously did not mind being called Jagger, or else he would have become even more annoyed.

"Here at last!" Raguel exhaled in relief as he stepped through the exit of Viridian Forest. Pewter City can be seen from where he was standing, and surely it reminded him of Oreburgh City. "There's a museum in the city. We can check it out later, if you want, but I think--"

His jaw dropped when he realized that Lockdown just entered the tall grass, chasing after a purplish Pokémon he had never seen before. Sighing, Raguel followed after his Magnemite.

The Pokemon, which later Raguel identified as a male Nidoran, was busy eating an Oran Berry in the ground when the curious Magnemite came and poked it with his magnet out of curiosity. The Nidoran, however, felt annoyed by Lockdown's presence and stabbed it with his small horn, sparking a fierce battle between the two.

"Lockdown, Tackle!" Raguel ordered, standing behind his Magnemite who is looking at the Nidoran in anger. The Nidoran too, seemed really annoyed and furious. As Lockdown rushed in to tackle the Nidoran, the Nidoran rolled to the side and evaded his attack, then swiftly lunged at Lockdown, kicking him two times with his small feet. Lockdown staggered backwards, and the Nidoran let out a taunting growl at the steel Pokemon.

As if not giving Lockdown and Raguel a time to think, the Nidoran rushed forward once again, thinking of dealing the finishing blow, but Lockdown quickly recovered thanks to Raguel who shouted "Thundershock!"

Lockdown aimed his magnets at the rushing Nidoran, and fired a jolt of electricity that sent the Nidoran flying backwards and paralyzed him.

"Now!" Raguel grinned as he threw a Pokeball at the paralyzed Nidoran.

Zubat are possibly the worst thing in existence. First of all, they scream constantly. This, not only does a number on your eardrums, but it also makes it ever so likely that your pokemon will be confused or flinching, costing them the match. Secondly, they are impossible to get rid of. Fighting them does nothing, three more will pop up by the time one goes down. Running away is fruitless, as they are much faster than a human.

Dahlia was running for her dear life, occasionally ordering Beedrill to slow them down with string shot. She dove to the dark basements of the cave, hoping to find a way to escape the Zubat. They dove down with her, not wanting their prey to escape. Dahlia ran through the tunnel, hoping to find an exit before they caught up. However, it soon turned out the path she took was a dead end. The zubat started circling her like vultures, ready to all attack at once.

Dahlia took out all of her pokemon, and ordered them to attack. If she's going down, she's going down fighting.

Luke, making his way towards Viridian, with Sky, standing on his shoulder, ran into a high leveled caterpie. "This will be a catch!" He said with a punny expression. Sky just face-winged. "So, Go! Sky!"
"Caterpie!" The worm-like creature said.

"Sky, use peck!"
The tiny robin pokemons snout grew a bit longer, and began to glow. It hurled its beak onto the caterpie's head.
Caterpie uses string shot to trap Sky.
"Useless! That wont do a thing! Sky, break out!"
Sky struggled to break free, but couldn't do a thing. "Sky! Now!" exclaimed Luke harshly. Sky then stretched out its wings, helping it to break free. "Fletch!" it screeched.

"Now, use Peck again!"
Again, Sky attacked with a peck attack
Caterpie uses a powerful Tackle! (OK, I get it over dramatic xD)
Luke, without a word tossed a pokeball to the worm, as the ball shook back and forth.
(That's where you come in Polaris!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom