• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest KantoStarters vs JohtoStarters vs HoennStarters vs SinnohStarters vs UnovaStarters!

TheCultOfPersonality

Best in The World
Reaction score
We all Know the great starter pokemon you obtain at the begining of every generation.What team will win? Kanto:Charizard Blastoise and Venusaur Johto:Typhlosion Feraligatr and Megnium Hoenn:Blaziken Swampert and Sceptile Sinnoh:Infernape Empoleon and Torterra Unova:Emboar Samurott and Serperior.Who do you think will win?Base your answers by Design Attack etc.

Re: KantoStarters vs JohtoStarters vs HoennStarters vs SinnohStarters vs UnovaStarter

Which team will win ?

Team Hoenn may win this one because Swampert has one weakness and Blaziken has Speed boost as it's DW ability , but Emboar has the highest atk and Serperior benefits from its DW ability like Blaziken , so Team Hoenn , with Team Unova in a 2nd .

Which team has the best typing?

Team Sinnoh , mainly because they are all dual typed with 2 having unique-typings .

Which team has the best designs?

Team Unova for me , Serperior , Samurott and Emboar are my favorite designed starters , Blaziken and Empoleon are tied with Emboar and Samutott

Which team is the coolest ?

Team Unova .Serperior , Samurott and Emboar , all greatly designed , and made of badass .

This pic makes them more badass than the other Teams , Samurott's sword makes it even better :

536px-Unova_starters_evolution_artwork.png

Serpent King , Demon Boar and Samurai Sea lion . All interesting and awesome concepts .

OVERALL : TEAM UNOVA FOR ME!! It has my favorite starter Serperior too :)

Shouldn't there be a poll ?

Last edited:
Re: KantoStarters vs JohtoStarters vs HoennStarters vs SinnohStarters vs UnovaStarter

Hoenn starters seem to be the most useful in my opinion and have my favorite designs.

I find that Team Unova sucks as starters. They may be good Pokemon but all of their advantages are not available to the one you get as your Starter.

Serperior has this non-existant movepool. As a starter, Contrary is unavailable to it.

Emboar, aside from being absurdly slow learns mostly recoil moves. Combined with that speed, it is easy to lose this guy in a battle against something it should normally defeat.

Samurott while being the best of the 3 suffers from being a mono-water type with nothing special to distinguish it self from the other Water Type Pokemon or Water Starters.

Really, this is the first time I'm considering ditching my starter no matter which I pick halfway through the game.

Design wise, erperior is cool. So is Samurott but dear god, Emboar is ugly.

I am biased toward the Johto starters since they were my firsts.

And I agree on how Unova Starters are bad. In both my runs of the game, I never used any of them.

I'll say Sinnoh; because they look cool, I like their designs, and Torterra is helpful to me in competitive battle.

Hoenn starters, they were my first.

Usefull-ness : Team Hoenn , mainly because they were OU in their own Gen . Blaziken and Sceptile look cool but Swampert is uglier than sin .

Disgrace-ness : Team Johto , they all suck , lamest starters ever , with Typhlosion being the only cool one , but type-wise , they are lame .

Usefull-ness : Team Hoenn , mainly because they were OU in their own Gen . Blaziken and Sceptile look cool but Swampert is uglier than sin .

Disgrace-ness : Team Johto , they all suck , lamest starters ever , with Typhlosion being the only cool one , but type-wise , they are lame .
They are the only pure starter types. Be proud of that.

Also, Feraligatr dominates with his new dream world ability. But I suppose this thread isn't about arguing which is better, so I'll just stop.

They are the only pure starter types. Be proud of that.

Also, Feraligatr dominates with his new dream world ability. But I suppose this thread isn't about arguing which is better, so I'll just stop.

Maybe they are pure-typed , but pure-types most of the time , are generic .

But yes , Feraligatr is pretty good with his hidden ability . I'm glad he didn't get a useless ability ..

Sinnoh starters are the best, imo.
Guess why? I really love monkeys, tortoises and penguins. Plus all of them has a nice secondary like ground and steel.

I also looove Unova starters.
Snivy's line is awesome, Oshawott is the cutest thing ever and its final evolution is GOD.

I don't like Kanto starters so much... Bulbasaur is awesome, but the others ones... meh

Unova starters fo me

their designs are just made of Badassary

Typhlosion's DW ability is all-around better than Blaze, generally. It gives the same general effect and an immunity. I especially like it because I've used Scarf-Typhlosion.

I'm thinking Team Hoenn would win, possibly--elsewise, it's Team Sinnoh (Team Sinnoh all gets Grass Knot). Sceptile and Swampert are especially great, as is DW Blaziken (which is available). Infernape and Empoleon are powerful.

I'd put Team Unova at 3rd, for the sake of Serperior. (Serperior can impair teams rather well. He's the most useable Unova starter outside of gameplay, where the others are more preferable.) Samurott can also cut down the others, with a little help from Serperior.

Team Johto is 4th, for Feraligatr and Typhlosion each have a potent offensive capability in one way or another (DDance, Eruption, etc). Meganium could also do well in such a limited engagement (a battle between various sets of the starters).

Team Kanto would probably rely on Venusaur and Sleep Powder.

Besides, Blaziken is now considered owerpowered and is banned to Ubers by Smogon. Can any other starter from any other region say that they are overpowereed? No. Hoenn wins.

Lol no love for Sinnoh >:D

Has to be Johto.

Unova starters are just plain badly designed, literally all three starters and their evos are painful for me to look at. That being said, Sinnoh starters rule. I think they are undoubtedly the most useful and speaking on behalf of gen 3, Torchic's evos (only the evos) were ridiculous looking.

I wish I could pick more than one .___.
I like all of the starters in every region, but my favorites are from Johto, Kanto, and Unova. Since we can only pick one i'll go with Johto.

Gonna go with team Hoenn here. Sceptile is arguably the best grass starter, packing punches with high powered leaf storms. Swampert has respectable bulk and typing, and Blaziken serves as a good wall-breaker, even without speed boost.

Though, I admit I'm favouring them a little, because of Sceptile, my favourite pokémon.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom